buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

You guys with no horse in the race are more hysterical than any of us who have an actual rooting interest.

You should see this place when either:

 

- Yankees

- Cowboys

- Lakers

- Leafs

- Habs

 

Get their you know what together and win chips again. Will make any Boston championship look like a picnic.

Edited by TrueYankee26
Should throw in the Leafs and habs since this is hockey after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

You should see this place when either:

 

- Yankees

- Cowboys

- Lakers

- Leafs

- Habs

 

Get their you know what together and win chips again. Will make any Boston championship look like a picnic.

 

Well then, for the sake of the CCSLC, and in no way a personal bias, I hope those teams neeeeeeeever win again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

You should see this place when either:

 

- Yankees

- Cowboys

- Lakers

- Leafs

- Habs

 

Get their you know what together and win chips again. Will make any Boston championship look like a picnic.

 

The Leafs haven't won a title in 50 years. I feel like everyone would be at least a little bit happy for them for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The received wisdom on Hockey Twitter is that Leafs fans are the worst human beings alive. However, I'm guessing most of those people, who, as always, wish they were talking about the NBA instead, are rooting for the Raptors. Wonder how they reconcile that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No offense to the Blues, but has a team ever made it this far with such an inert Power Play? 

 

If anything, that's actually a compliment considering where they are now in spite of it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

No offense to the Blues, but has a team ever made it this far with such an inert Power Play? 

 

Probably. I believe it's high penalty kills that correlate more with postseason success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

No offense to the Blues, but has a team ever made it this far with such an inert Power Play? 

 

If anything, that's actually a compliment considering where they are now in spite of it.  

 

The 2011 Bruins couldn't buy a damn power play goal and they won it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

The Leafs haven't won a title in 50 years. I feel like everyone would be at least a little bit happy for them for a while.

The Leafs will win the Cup but it'll be a year they managed to avoid the Bruins in the playoffs. Bruins fans will never stop pointing that out, insisting they're the true Cup champs the entire time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Leafs will win the Cup but it'll be a year they managed to avoid the Bruins in the playoffs. Bruins fans will never stop pointing that out, insisting they're the true Cup champs the entire time.

So basically the NHL version of the Steelers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The received wisdom on Hockey Twitter is that Leafs fans are the worst human beings alive. However, I'm guessing most of those people, who, as always, wish they were talking about the NBA instead, are rooting for the Raptors. Wonder how they reconcile that.

Leafs/Raptors fans are always at least good for a hilarious read on TSN's Facebook page every time they lose. It's always because of some massive league conspiracy against Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Leafs/Raptors fans are always at least good for a hilarious read on TSN's Facebook page every time they lose. It's always because of some massive league conspiracy against Toronto.

You know what's annoying? When people cheerypick the worst of your fanbase and pretend like that's the norm. Think it would be hard to find jerkass Blackhawks fans if I look through comments sections?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

No offense to the Blues, but has a team ever made it this far with such an inert Power Play? 

 

If anything, that's actually a compliment considering where they are now in spite of it.  

 

Yes. Oddly enough it was the 2011 Bruins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

You know what's annoying? When people cheerypick the worst of your fanbase and pretend like that's the norm. Think it would be hard to find jerkass Blackhawks fans if I look through comments sections?

 

We all subconsciously do that with Boston fans and Yankee fans all the time, even if the ones that we directly expose ourselves to are actually pretty good, all things considered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

You know what's annoying? When people cheerypick the worst of your fanbase and pretend like that's the norm. Think it would be hard to find jerkass Blackhawks fans if I look through comments sections?

 

Yep, sure is.

 

Between 2011, 2013, and this year I think the most cordial fan base in terms of fan interaction on the streets I dealt with was Chicago. Maybe because the Hawks had just won a few years prior, but it was a really easy going series. Vancouver was easily the worst to no ones surprise. St. Louis, eh, forgettable. 

 

2 hours ago, Brass said:

 

Yes. Oddly enough it was the 2011 Bruins.

 

Aaaaaand they were BRUTAL. I think there was an 0-20 stretch in the middle rounds there. Then again, 90% of Claude's tenure it was so inept anyway. Looked like they were the team actually down a man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

The St. Louis Blues have blown their best chance at 52 years at the Cup. This is 2011 Texas Rangers-like. 1997 Indians-like. The St. Louis Blues have blown it. Game 7 should be a Bruins blowout win, 6-0. Congrats Boston fans.

 

When was the last time a team blew their golden opportunity at home in Game 6 and then actually overcame that to win on the road in game 7? Has it ever happened? The road team that just lost game 6 at home always kind of feels like dead team walking going into game 7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

 

When was the last time a team blew their golden opportunity at home in Game 6 and then actually overcame that to win on the road in game 7? Has it ever happened? The road team that just lost game 6 at home always kind of feels like dead team walking going into game 7. 

As a Nashville fan, the 2018 Preds/Jets series flies in the face of that, off the top of my head. I'm not in a position to do that kind of research right now, but I'm sure it's more common than you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

 

When was the last time a team blew their golden opportunity at home in Game 6 and then actually overcame that to win on the road in game 7? Has it ever happened? The road team that just lost game 6 at home always kind of feels like dead team walking going into game 7. 

 

 

In my NHL fandom 1987 playoffs - present, it has not happened in the SCF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, speedy said:

Between 2011, 2013, and this year I think the most cordial fan base in terms of fan interaction on the streets I dealt with was Chicago. Maybe because the Hawks had just won a few years prior, but it was a really easy going series.

 

I've always seen Bruins fans as kindred spirits: team's been around forever, exasperated by miserly ownership, always condescended to by the basketball snobs in town. No ill will from me on that series, it was one for the ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care who wins Game 7, it's been a fun Stanley Cup Finals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, the admiral said:

 

I've always seen Bruins fans as kindred spirits: team's been around forever, exasperated by miserly ownership, always condescended to by the basketball snobs in town. No ill will from me on that series, it was one for the ages.

 

Snobs who root for the worst team in the city for the past two decades. NBA people are the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.