Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

40 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Also, here’s your interesting stat of the day. Mike Smith (1) has more points in the playoffs than Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos, and Nikita Kucherov (0) combined. 

Incredible!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

the Kings in '14 were down 0-3 in the first round before coming back

As an admitted casual hockey fan, I still can't believe how incredible the Kings were that playoff run. Came back from 0-3 to the Sharks, 1-3 to the Ducks, then managed to beat the Blackhawks Game 7 in Chicago. An even better run than their '12 Cup run, I think.

48 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

I feel kinda bad for Mrazek because he played his butt off, especially with the two late saves.

Yes he has. Caps have had some golden chances snuffed out in the last couple of games, and without those huge saves from Mrazek they wouldn’t have pushed the Caps so much. 

spacer.png

Nazem Kadri doing what he does best, getting suspended in the playoffs. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I hope Kadri gets banned for 2 so the Bruins can vigilante the crap out of him in the Garden in game 5. What a puke. Wingels hit was still worse though. Good to see Tuukka in good shape, Game 3 should be more than a little fun.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

During the Hockey Night in Canada 3rd period intermission, one of the Flames players being interviewed was rocking a Lanny MacDonald red 'stache hehe.

Fits great with the retros. Mike Smith I think is wearing a Mike Vernon tribute mask, a classic head gear design painted onto a current mask, which is really cool.

9 hours ago, Quillz said:

As an admitted casual hockey fan, I still can't believe how incredible the Kings were that playoff run. Came back from 0-3 to the Sharks, 1-3 to the Ducks, then managed to beat the Blackhawks Game 7 in Chicago. An even better run than their '12 Cup run, I think.

The Kings were up 2-0 in that series (both games in Anaheim), then the Ducks won three straight (both in LA, and Game 5 in Anaheim), then the Kings won the last two (a squeaker in LA, and a blowout Game 7 in Anaheim).

Then the Kings almost blew a 3-1 lead to Chicago before winning that Game 7 in a raucous 5-4 affair.

As much as I hated the Kings winning their first Cup, that 2014 run was infuriating to the n-th degree. 7 games, 7 games, 7 games with ample opportunity to lose any of the three before running through the Rangers. A better run? More improbable, maybe. Probably more entertaining to look back on as the victor.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Cheering for the Isles, Jets and Lightning today... My reasoning?

-I want Pittsburgh fans to suffer

-Winnipeg is better then what I've seen so far in this series with the Blues

-Karma is about ready to give the Blue Jackets the biggest back hand slap in the history of ever... There is no way a team as good as Tampa Bay just craps out like this.

9 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

As much as I hated the Kings winning their first Cup, that 2014 run was infuriating to the n-th degree. 7 games, 7 games, 7 games with ample opportunity to lose any of the three before running through the Rangers. A better run? More improbable, maybe. Probably more entertaining to look back on as the victor.

As an unbiased onlooker, I thought that stretch by the Kings was absolutely thrilling and infinitely better than the 2012 championship run.  It took San Jose's choking reputation to biblical levels and you have to respect a team that never quits when their backs are against the wall.  Plus, it denied what would have assuredly been a Blackhawk's three-peat so they'll always have my gratitude for that.

The difference between crowds in games 2 & 3 in the PIT/NYI series though? The Pehns crowd is the lamest in hockey. It's actually becoming really painful to watch. Hope this series goes 5 so the Isles can win on home ice.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived