Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

If any goalie has had Ice Water in his veins in these Finals, it's gotta be Binnington.

Hard to forget he was a god damn rookie too. 

I think Game 3 cost him the Smyth. Outside of that 1 game, he was as damn near perfect as a Goalie could be.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

And if the Cards faced the Tribe in the World Series, would that count too?

If the Cardinals faced the Indians in the World Series I would pick the Indians over the Cardinals. As a Reds fan i would rather pick the Indians over the Cardinals. Its the lesser of two evils.

Signature intentionally left blank

1 minute ago, Dilbert said:

If the Cardinals faced the Indians in the World Series I would pick the Indians over the Cardinals. As a Reds fan i would rather pick the Indians over the Cardinals. Its the lesser of two evils.

As long as there are idiots with headdresses and red face paint in the crowd, I’ll take any team over the Cleveland baseball club. Even the Dodgers.

32 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

That's why I think Binnington deserved MVP. 

Boston came out swinging and Binn blocked every single one of them.  He lets even 1 though, and I think that changes the whole momentum of the game. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-blues-are-in-trouble-unless-their-goalie-steps-up-in-game-7/

Binnington doesn't deserve anything. The Blues' defense carried him, not the other way around. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

The SoG say otherwise. 

He had a .914 save percentage in these playoffs. That's legitimately one of the worst save percentages for a cup winning goaltender ever.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Just now, Lafarge said:

He had a .914 save percentage in these playoffs. That's legitimately one of the worst save percentages for a cup winning goaltender ever.

That's mostly because of the egg he laid in game 3. 

Nearly all the other games he was a lockdown as a goalie could be when his team needed him. 

Bruins lost because even when they dominated possession & zone time (like tonight) they still couldn't get a damn thing past him. 

35 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

@rams80 @Mockba and any other St. Louis Blues fans? Congratulations!

Thanks! :)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 minute ago, AustinFomBoston said:

That's mostly because of the egg he laid in game 3. 

Nearly all the other games he was a lockdown as a goalie could be when his team needed him. 

Bruins lost because even when they dominated possession & zone time (like tonight) they still couldn't get a damn thing past him. 

4 goals in one game does NOT results in in a .914 save percentage over two months of hockey. He was good when they needed him to be, but the defense prevented a lot more problems than you're giving credit for. I lost count of the number of goals the Bruins missed out on where Binnington left a wide open tap home that a defender swatted away from the offensive player. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Do you know the origin of Gloria?

Are you actually asking the origin of the Blues using Gloria or the origin of the song itself? Or are you asking this intending to reveal something that will make us have to cancel Gloria or Laura Branigan?

If you're asking why the Blues used it and you (or anyone else) don't know the story, a handful of Blues were at a private club in Philly watching the Eagles and Bears playoff game, yes the Double Doink game, and the DJ would play music in-house during commercials and some guy at the club kept yelling "Play Gloria!", so the DJ would. The Blues players took it from there and decided it should be their post-game win song and I guess it spread to the arena music from there.

IbjBaeE.png

Just now, monkeypower said:

Are you actually asking the origin of the Blues using Gloria or the origin of the song itself?

Please can someone do a full length documentary style post on this?

Archived