Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

5 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

I know who he is. I just don't want to talk about him.

In terms of the hockey topic, it's not right for the U.S. to mistreat Canada in any way when it comes to both competitive balance and roster balance. I don't want the U.S. holding any advantage at all over Canada anymore. Period.

=P

I mean, Blues winning means Canada technically did win The cup, right? Seeing as they almost became the Saskatoon Blues. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Ha...for a moment I did! The NHL has the most variance among championship teams, true or false? Feels like true. Lightning and Blackhawks and Caps and Blues and Ducks all felt pretty impossible when the Devils and Red Wings traded titles for a decade.

Last year was also a fun Stanley Cup.  A few days later, it ended with a drunk Alex Ovechkin and it was good to see him win the whole thing. 

1 minute ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I mean, Blues winning means Canada technically did win The cup, right? Seeing as they almost became the Saskatoon Blues. 

They played their home games in a U.S. city, thereby protecting Bettman's useless a** for another frickin' year, and promoting the idea that Canada should be the U.S.'s hockey slave forever.

I'm one who believes in purity, and until any of either Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal win the title again, and on NBC, and shoves Old Glory back up Bettman's crack where it belongs, then I'll back off, even if the U.S. team, who would lose that series 4 games to 0(my preferred result), is made to look stupid on the Peacock Network, in front of the U.S. TV audience.

=P

41 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

And so the 26th worthless and useless season of the NHL in a row meets it's predictable end....yet another irrelevant U.S. city helps Bettman maintain his iron grip on power in the league.

To the fans of the Booins, you continue to have my contempt forever, and that contempt won't be lifted until the Booins throw a Cup Final on purpose to Vancouver, and lose in a 4-0 sweep where the Booins score 0 goals. And then, the year after, purposely lose to Toronto the same way, to give up your unbeaten run against them.

To the fans of the Booes, I don't agree with the fact you had to slit Winnipeg's playoff throat to win your championship. You won't get any respect from me until you lose the Campbell Bowl to the Jets, even if it means the Booes purposely lose that series to Winnipeg 4 games to none, with Winnipeg getting 4 shutouts in a row.

There's no need for the NHL to be controlled by those without Canadian birth certificates and residency anymore. Mostly due to the fact that the U.S. is going to be forever worthless and useless to the NHL. Because, to me, the U.S. has no genuine soul for hockey.

Enjoy those wallets of yours getting fatter and fatter, while living off of Canada's hockey teat, because no team in the U.S. has genuinely earned a d**n thing they've ever gotten. Corrupt, decadent, and rotten to the core.

Go drink Bettman's KoolAid all summer long, cause it's only a matter of time before it starts to taste like defecate.

>=P

Jeez, you're an annoying little troll. Can you show us on the doll where Bettman hurt you?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

2 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Jeez, you're an annoying little troll. Can you show us on the doll where Bettman hurt you?

Right in the maple leaf, obviously.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

7 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

This is the reaction I hope to see from the other Canadians who post in this very thread:

4 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Gary's not hurt me, but he has injured Canada's standing in the hockey world, trying to reduce us to a 3rd-tier non-entity.

And I don't really like it much when groups or people want to commit slander and character assassination toward Canada. That doesn't really fly with me.

So you can call me an a**hole all you want to, but I'm an a**hole for the right reasons, not the wrong.

=P

2 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

Gary's not hurt me, but he has injured Canada's standing in the hockey world, trying to reduce us to a 3rd-tier non-entity.

And I don't really like it much when groups or people want to commit slander and character assassination toward Canada. That doesn't really fly with me.

So you can call me an a**hole all you want to, but I'm an a**hole for the right reasons, not the wrong.

=P

Curious to see what someone like habsfan1, who congratulated the Blues, has to say about your comments.  Does he agree with you?  The odds are is that he doesn't.

Just now, GDAWG said:

Curious to see what someone like habsfan1, who congratulated the Blues, has to say about your comments.  Does he agree with you?  The odds are is that he doesn't.

You mean the Booes. Spelling corrected for you.

😉

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

Still, I doubt a Canadian like habsfan1 is going to agree with you. 

Then let him preach his own gospel in this topic, GDAWG, and don't be presumptuous enough to preach one for him.

And I'm pretty sure he will anyway without your needling of him to do so.

=P

Just now, habsfan1 said:

Canadiens fans are very happy for the Blues.

Why? The Cup is not in Montreal's possession, where it should be.

I mean, if the Habs are supposed to be hockey's true holy figures, then shouldn't they be like the Prophets, from the TV show 'Star Trek-Deep Space Nine', and BE gods?

=P

7 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

More than Melnyk, the Canucks’ terrible ownership, the Flames’ crappy front office, the Oilers’ incompetence (despite McDavid), Toronto’s historical ineptitude going back several decades, and Montréal’s rigidity? Really?

7 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

There’s a world of difference between some sports teams not winning a title and law enforcement/the legal system doing a disservice to the 49 people killed by a man who basically had carte blanche to run his horror show. Which one do you think is the bigger character assassination for Canada?

Let me guess: it’s the sports, isn’t it?

Isn’t lacrosse your actual national sport? Maybe you should be a troll about that?

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

More than Melnyk, the Canucks’ terrible ownership, the Flames’ crappy front office, the Oilers’ incompetence (despite McDavid), Toronto’s historical ineptitude going back several decades, and Montréal’s rigidity? Really?

There’s a world of difference between some sports teams not winning a title and law enforcement/the legal system doing a disservice to the 49 people killed by a man who basically had carte blanche to run his horror show. Which one do you think is the bigger character assassination for Canada?

Let me guess: it’s the sports, isn’t it?

Isn’t lacrosse your actual national sport? Maybe you should be a troll about that?

You had no business even talking about that piece of crap Pickton anyway. In you talking about him, I wash my hands of it.

Because I can see through a lot, and you bringing him up was a rather stupid deflection. I eat deflection for breakfast, for the record.

=P

Haven't been around these parts in a while. Admittedly, my mental health tanked last year and I spent some time in a hospital, I haven't really fully recovered from some of the crap that happened. But this, as a native St. Louisan and lifetime Blues fan, this is the first time I've actually been happy in quite a while. 

I got the opportunity to take my dad to the watch party at Busch Stadium and it was a really special moment for us both. 

I never thought I'd see my hometown team hoist the Stanley Cup, but here we are. Thank you, St. Louis Blues! This meant a lot to me. 

Archived