buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RaginRonic said:

And so the 26th worthless and useless season of the NHL in a row meets it's predictable end....yet another irrelevant U.S. city helps Bettman maintain his iron grip on power in the league.

 

To the fans of the Booins, you continue to have my contempt forever, and that contempt won't be lifted until the Booins throw a Cup Final on purpose to Vancouver, and lose in a 4-0 sweep where the Booins score 0 goals. And then, the year after, purposely lose to Toronto the same way, to give up your unbeaten run against them.

 

To the fans of the Booes, I don't agree with the fact you had to slit Winnipeg's playoff throat to win your championship. You won't get any respect from me until you lose the Campbell Bowl to the Jets, even if it means the Booes purposely lose that series to Winnipeg 4 games to none, with Winnipeg getting 4 shutouts in a row.

 

There's no need for the NHL to be controlled by those without Canadian birth certificates and residency anymore. Mostly due to the fact that the U.S. is going to be forever worthless and useless to the NHL. Because, to me, the U.S. has no genuine soul for hockey.

 

Enjoy those wallets of yours getting fatter and fatter, while living off of Canada's hockey teat, because no team in the U.S. has genuinely earned a d**n thing they've ever gotten. Corrupt, decadent, and rotten to the core.

 

Go drink Bettman's KoolAid all summer long, cause it's only a matter of time before it starts to taste like defecate.

 

>=P

 

How about you tap the brakes on the hostility and post stuff that actually contributes to the conversation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

Gary's not hurt me, but he has injured Canada's standing in the hockey world, trying to reduce us to a 3rd-tier non-entity.

 

And I don't really like it much when groups or people want to commit slander and character assassination toward Canada. That doesn't really fly with me.

 

So you can call me an a**hole all you want to, but I'm an a**hole for the right reasons, not the wrong.

 

=P

 

 

 

41 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

Why? The Cup is not in Montreal's possession, where it should be.

 

I mean, if the Habs are supposed to be hockey's true holy figures, then shouldn't they be like the Prophets, from the TV show 'Star Trek-Deep Space Nine', and BE gods?

 

=P

 

37 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

You had no business even talking about that piece of crap Pickton anyway. In you talking about him, I wash my hands of it.

 

Because I can see through a lot, and you bringing him up was a rather stupid deflection. I eat deflection for breakfast, for the record.

 

=P

  

 

Hulk mad, Hulk smash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, who do you think said:

I like this guy. We need more of his tribal brand of salt in sports.

Try cayenne pepper instead. Salt's too generous.

 

And Infrared, I do contribute to the convo....my contribution is not making posts that look, or feel, like blind romanticism with teams outside of Canada. I prefer to look reality right in it's ugly face, and call it out when I think it's being stupid.

 

I'd like a lot more fans out there to not have blinders on when addressing people like Bettman, and the ones who are inside the U.S. NHL clubs. Kissing a** is not the thing anyone should do to them. Kicking it is. And not letting them get off without someone taking them to task when I think they're up to no good(which is constantly).

 

Sad to say, but that's true. =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Blues fans! It was nice to see the Capitals win the Cup last year and I'm really happy that the Blues get to bring it back to St. Louis.

 

Bruins fans be like...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see another new team win the Cup. 

 

Kings, Capitals, Blues. Any other first timers this decade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

Try cayenne pepper instead. Salt's too generous.

 

And Infrared, I do contribute to the convo....my contribution is not making posts that look, or feel, like blind romanticism with teams outside of Canada. I prefer to look reality right in it's ugly face, and call it out when I think it's being stupid.

 

I'd like a lot more fans out there to not have blinders on when addressing people like Bettman, and the ones who are inside the U.S. NHL clubs. Kissing a** is not the thing anyone should do to them. Kicking it is. And not letting them get off without someone taking them to task when I think they're up to no good(which is constantly).

 

Sad to say, but that's true. =P

This is a useless goddamn tirade and you know it. I'm a Canadian too, proud of it...and I'm goddamned elated that the Blues won the Cup. The city, the players, they all DESERVED to win, they've all suffered for far too long for me to be anything but happy for them. I bet you're the kinda dude who keeps ragging on the Southern expansion teams for "taking teams away from Canada", too, when our economy was awful for a while and it's only now rebounding from the complete collapse of the 90's that led to the Jets and Nordiques heading south to begin with. 

 

Stop with this petty nationalistic bull :censored: already, you're making the rest of this country look bad. Most of the goddamn team is made up of Canadians, that's good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

like blind romanticism with teams outside of Canada. 

:censored: Americans, especially the ones in the south, for having the pure audacity to enjoy hockey and root for their teams, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you guys fall for the troll's bit every time he does it? He did it a month ago when the Leafs were knocked out, he did it last year when the last Canadian team was eliminated, he did it the year when every Canadian team missed the playoffs. Ignore him and if he keeps doing it the mods will suspend him. 

 

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

Why? The Cup is not in Montreal's possession, where it should be.

 

I mean, if the Habs are supposed to be hockey's true holy figures, then shouldn't they be like the Prophets, from the TV show 'Star Trek-Deep Space Nine', and BE gods?

 

=P

The cup is exactly where it should be they earned it, nuff said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an amazing time last night. As happy as I am, I'm even more ecstatic for the Blues fans who have been waiting for this since the Note came to StL. The joy St. Louis is feeling right now is incredible, and to have that win over Boston just makes this feel like justice not just for 1970 (which was weeeeeell before I was born), but also for the Pats over the Rams and the Red Sox trouncing the Cards in '04 and '13.

 

What a magical season. I'm dancing to Gloria this morning like Hugh Grant in love actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to St. Louis Blues fans. You're generally good hockey fans when you aren't busy being vile Cardinals fans and you've been put through more than your share of hockey struggle. I can't imagine the rollercoaster this season must've been. Going from last place in January to the playoffs is almost impossible when 90% of all playoff teams are in a playoff spot at Thanksgiving. Winning the cup on top of that, is like a damn movie script. It's crazy that out of all those good Blues teams of the past, even recent history, this is the one to make it happen. I'm jealous. Your pizza is trash. 


Boston fans, you're not going to like this - I hope this is the beginning of a long, slow, painful slide back to general sports mediocrity, irrelevance, the basement. You all deserve 12 years in the clink for the atrocities you've committed over the years. Literally nobody feels bad for you, not even a little bit. I'm not sorry and I hope you miss every playoffs in every sport for the next 25 years. Brad Marchand's tears are an illicit drug - I watched that gif and didn't need to drink coffee this morning. You went 0-3 at home after the Barstool sponsored rally towels, which is sweet sweet justice. Leave Tuuka Rask alone. This isn't his fault. 

 

 

 

For this actual series I kind of can't believe the Blues did it and I would've lost money on that game if I hadn't already lost a bunch of money betting on hockey this season. Related: don't bet on hockey and don't use Dom Luschsskkslslsysksykknn's algorithm to bet on hockey. The Bruins are probably still the better team, they were dominating the first period and surrendered two goals, the second one was an inexcusable play by Marchand, which is just *chef's kiss*. Rask needed to be better last night, but he was Great in Game 6 and for most of the series. He'd be the Conn Smythe winner if the Bruins had won it all. Sometimes not being engaged in the first period is a bad thing because you get dull back there when you're not seeing regular shots. Binnington on the other hand stole that game last night. Unreal stop on Johansson. The two goal lead was everything because from there you can dictate the play from your defense, especially when you know the refs aren't going to call anything short of manslaughter. They had 6 goalies out there and didn't allow the Bruins any space. That game was won in the first 20 minutes. 

 

I'm especially glad the following teams did not win the cup: Bruins, Penguins, Golden Knights, Capitals, and Hurricanes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

Try cayenne pepper instead. Salt's too generous.

 

And Infrared, I do contribute to the convo....my contribution is not making posts that look, or feel, like blind romanticism with teams outside of Canada. I prefer to look reality right in it's ugly face, and call it out when I think it's being stupid.

 

I'd like a lot more fans out there to not have blinders on when addressing people like Bettman, and the ones who are inside the U.S. NHL clubs. Kissing a** is not the thing anyone should do to them. Kicking it is. And not letting them get off without someone taking them to task when I think they're up to no good(which is constantly).

 

Sad to say, but that's true. =P

 

 

You're my NHL playoff thread schtick hero, RR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if we consider the Sharks as the reestablishment of the Seals with the unmerger with the (North) Stars, that would put them as the last team of the Second Six without a Cup and only one year behind the Leafs for the longest drought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

 


There's a real chance the trend could continue next year. Literally over a third (count 'em, 11) of the league's franchises have never won the Cup.

 

Yeah, but how many of them would be feel good stories? Like, if the Coyotes won, I feel it would be the equivalent of the Jaguars winning their first Super Bowl, while the Blues winning is closer to the Browns or Lions winning a Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LMU said:

So, if we consider the Sharks as the reestablishment of the Seals with the unmerger with the (North) Stars, that would put them as the last team of the Second Six without a Cup and only one year behind the Leafs for the longest drought.

I have a hard time with the notion of sticking the Sharks with a drought all the way back to the Expansion Six...at most, they get "credit" for all the years of "hiatus."

 

I have always thought it a bit odd to connect the Seals/Barrons to the Sharks, anyway.  To me, five of the Expansion Six still exist and all have won a cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Congratulations to St. Louis Blues fans. You're generally good hockey fans when you aren't busy being vile Cardinals fans and you've been put through more than your share of hockey struggle. I can't imagine the rollercoaster this season must've been. Going from last place in January to the playoffs is almost impossible when 90% of all playoff teams are in a playoff spot at Thanksgiving. Winning the cup on top of that, is like a damn movie script. It's crazy that out of all those good Blues teams of the past, even recent history, this is the one to make it happen. I'm jealous. Your pizza is trash. 


Boston fans, you're not going to like this - I hope this is the beginning of a long, slow, painful slide back to general sports mediocrity, irrelevance, the basement. You all deserve 12 years in the clink for the atrocities you've committed over the years. Literally nobody feels bad for you, not even a little bit. I'm not sorry and I hope you miss every playoffs in every sport for the next 25 years. Brad Marchand's tears are an illicit drug - I watched that gif and didn't need to drink coffee this morning. You went 0-3 at home after the Barstool sponsored rally towels, which is sweet sweet justice. Leave Tuuka Rask alone. This isn't his fault. 

 

 

 

For this actual series I kind of can't believe the Blues did it and I would've lost money on that game if I hadn't already lost a bunch of money betting on hockey this season. Related: don't bet on hockey and don't use Dom Luschsskkslslsysksykknn's algorithm to bet on hockey. The Bruins are probably still the better team, they were dominating the first period and surrendered two goals, the second one was an inexcusable play by Marchand, which is just *chef's kiss*. Rask needed to be better last night, but he was Great in Game 6 and for most of the series. He'd be the Conn Smythe winner if the Bruins had won it all. Sometimes not being engaged in the first period is a bad thing because you get dull back there when you're not seeing regular shots. Binnington on the other hand stole that game last night. Unreal stop on Johansson. The two goal lead was everything because from there you can dictate the play from your defense, especially when you know the refs aren't going to call anything short of manslaughter. They had 6 goalies out there and didn't allow the Bruins any space. That game was won in the first 20 minutes. 

 

I'm especially glad the following teams did not win the cup: Bruins, Penguins, Golden Knights, Capitals, and Hurricanes. 

 

I went ahead and liked this and I'm just going to ignore your comment about Cardinals fans. Also, St. Louis has some great pizza and aaaaahmazing Italian food on The Hill... it's just that Imo's is not a glowing example of the great food in St. Louis. A lot of other St. Louis fans will crucify me for it, but I am not an Imo's lover.

Also, that second goal was awesome and ya it was all on Marchand. Absolutely beautiful moment. Nothing but respect for Rask. I can't imagine how Backes was feeling watching his former team beat his current team without even touching the ice. A lot of Blues fans renounced their former love for Backes during this series, but now that it's over I think a lot of us feel bittersweet feelings towards Backes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I have a hard time with the notion of sticking the Sharks with a drought all the way back to the Expansion Six...at most, they get "credit" for all the years of "hiatus."

 

I have always thought it a bit odd to connect the Seals/Barrons to the Sharks, anyway.  To me, five of the Expansion Six still exist and all have won a cup.

 

Calling the Sharks an “honorary” expansion six member makes their failures hurt a little bit more. Of course, AFAIK, I’m sure they’ll win a Cup the season after Joe Thornton [MOD EDIT] off. Make him the hockey Elgin Baylor or Don Mattingly.

Edited by officeglenn
Please don't try to get around the profanity filter like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for St. Louis GM Doug Armstrong, who's time as GM of the Dallas Stars resulted in multiple playoff appearances, but no Stanley Cup appearances and was fired a month into the 2007 season.  This is sort of redemption for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firing Mike Yeo pays off 50% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.