Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

3 hours ago, Maroon said:

I went ahead and liked this and I'm just going to ignore your comment about Cardinals fans. Also, St. Louis has some great pizza and aaaaahmazing Italian food on The Hill... it's just that Imo's is not a glowing example of the great food in St. Louis. A lot of other St. Louis fans will crucify me for it, but I am not an Imo's lover.

Also, that second goal was awesome and ya it was all on Marchand. Absolutely beautiful moment. Nothing but respect for Rask. I can't imagine how Backes was feeling watching his former team beat his current team without even touching the ice. A lot of Blues fans renounced their former love for Backes during this series, but now that it's over I think a lot of us feel bittersweet feelings towards Backes.

I'm a new St. Louisan, but have embraced the Blues, so I applaud McCarthy's genuine appreciation of this fan base. The elation felt in this city today is unreal, and very badly needed. It's a great time to be here.

And I really like Imo's. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

Try cayenne pepper instead. Salt's too generous.

And Infrared, I do contribute to the convo....my contribution is not making posts that look, or feel, like blind romanticism with teams outside of Canada. I prefer to look reality right in it's ugly face, and call it out when I think it's being stupid.

I'd like a lot more fans out there to not have blinders on when addressing people like Bettman, and the ones who are inside the U.S. NHL clubs. Kissing a** is not the thing anyone should do to them. Kicking it is. And not letting them get off without someone taking them to task when I think they're up to no good(which is constantly).

Sad to say, but that's true. =P

Sorry, but I don't see saying the same thing over and over in a variety of ways as contributing to the conversation. You've made your point. We get it. Move on. 

BB52Big.jpg

56 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm a new St. Louisan, but have embraced the Blues, so I applaud McCarthy's genuine appreciation of this fan base. The elation felt in this city today is unreal, and very badly needed. It's a great time to be here.

And I really like Imo's. 

I'm a Missourian who used to live in StL County (in Affton) but doesn't anymore. Hope you like living in St. Louis! I love that city with each and every heartbeat.

Imo's is edible. I've consumed it plenty of times, especially at trivia nights when other people have purchased and brought in Imo's. It's just that if I have a choice of pizzas then it's not going to be at the top of the list.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

With all this talk of who should be next for the Cup, location-wise, Minnesota is the next longest, with the N-Stars and the Wild with no Cups. Of course, the Wild are probably at least 5 years from a legitimate run...

This also shows that the Wild should have fired Yeo a lot earlier than they did

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

With all this talk of who should be next for the Cup, location-wise, Minnesota is the next longest, with the N-Stars and the Wild with no Cups. Of course, the Wild are probably at least 5 years from a legitimate run...

This also shows that the Wild should have fired Yeo a lot earlier than they did

Only if you give them credit for the years between the Stars and the Wild. Vancouver and Buffalo still have more functional years.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I have a hard time with the notion of sticking the Sharks with a drought all the way back to the Expansion Six...at most, they get "credit" for all the years of "hiatus."

I have always thought it a bit odd to connect the Seals/Barrons to the Sharks, anyway.  To me, five of the Expansion Six still exist and all have won a cup.

It does feel weird, but the connection is pretty hard to ignore. To me, it’s dishonest to pretend like they’re a normal expansion team.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:56 PM, Wings said:

Rams lose the Super Bowl and then 4 months later the Blues win their first cup. St. Louis fans have that sly grin on their faces. Karma works in wonderous ways. 

*makes grimace, rocks hand side to side*

Although considering where the Rams were after the 2016 season, I'll take losing the Super Bowl just two years later.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

12 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Firing Mike Yeo pays off 50% of the time.

*puts him in the "Jeff Fisher can't hurt me anymore" file*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ah, poetry.

And like the Bruins would be quoting Shakespeare and not yelling “F*** YEAH BOYS” like every hockey team ever. GTFOooooooo.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Bruins fans being pissed off is the only upside of the Blues winning. However, I'd rather have seen the Bruins win anyway.

Clearly, since we've seen two first-time champions this season, that means that the Padres are going to go on a miracle run and win the World Series. I WILL NOT BE CONVINCED OTHERWISE.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Ah, poetry.

And like the Bruins would be quoting Shakespeare and not yelling “F*** YEAH BOYS” like every hockey team ever. GTFOooooooo.

Do people actually listen to these idiots? By that I mean do they get any kind of ratings? Who would find this entertaining? Am I done asking questions? I think so? 

BB52Big.jpg

The Blues won the Stanley Cup, the Raptors won the NBA Championship, and Banjo-Kazooie is in Super Smash Bros. What timeline is this?

But, seriously, from dead last to Stanley Cup Champions! This may well be the greatest NHL Cinderella story ever told, and I'm unreasonably happy that they finally went and did it against all odds.

To @rams80, @Mockba, and any other Blues fans on these boards; Congratulations!

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

59 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

The Blues won the Stanley Cup, the Raptors won the NBA Championship, and Banjo-Kazooie is in Super Smash Bros. What timeline is this?

But, seriously, from dead last to Stanley Cup Champions! This may well be the greatest NHL Cinderella story ever told, and I'm unreasonably happy that they finally went and did it against all odds.

To @rams80, @Mockba, and any other Blues fans on these boards; Congratulations!

Enjoy this now because everything will be back to normal when the NFL season kicks off.

Archived