rjrrzube

Arena/Indoor Football Changes

Would make a killer minor league baseball identity, but I'm not sure that type of kitsch branches out well to football.

Seems like the Tucson wordmark was just pasted on. Busy for a logo, great illustration though. 

Depending on the time of year and how dirty a mind you've got, that nickname conjures images of either Halloween candy or a certain type of sex act.

Either way, it doesn't exactly scream "football", indoor or otherwise.

Tucson Sugar Skulls....reminds me some reason of the Hoboken Sugar Buzz in the Madden NFL Games of the first part of the 21st century. 

Why does Tucson keep trying to have minor league teams? Nobody down there cares. 

I lik the name, it may not be intimidating but in the end it’s unique and cultural, I don’t think of candy or sex or nothin I think of the Hispanic culture, although it would be better if it would be in Spanish. 

On 9/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, agentrygraphics said:

Oh....oh, honey...no....that's....not how we do things.

This is an example of why most indoor/Arena football franchises generate virtually no significant merchandising revenue.  Merch with "Sugar Skulls" on it will sell well in Tucson.  But nowhere else.  The logo without the wordmark could sell elsewhere, but it won't be marketed well enough to achieve that.

No matter the level of your league?  You put forth the best branding you possibly can.  Who outside Jacksonville has gone out of their way to attend a game of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp?  Virtually no one.  But if I'm not mistaken they're #1 (or at least in the top five) nationwide in merch sales among minor league teams.

6 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I don’t think of candy or sex

Who's that loungin' in my chair, mm-hmm

On 9/22/2018 at 12:12 PM, Bucfan56 said:

Why does Tucson keep trying to have minor league teams? Nobody down there cares. 

Hi, Roadrunners STH here. I care, and I know plenty of others who do. Are we one of the AHL's marquee cities? No, but for a city with no real hockey culture, the Roadrunners are doing better than the team was in Springfield.

Cool logo, less cool name.

Total waste of time and resources. 

3 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

They still exist?

Supposedly they'll have 6 teams this year.