Chicago Bears 100th Anniversary Jersey Concept

mschaefer14

I've been a member of the boards for over 13 years and finally felt it was time to contribute my first concept. I've enjoyed checking out everyone's contributions over the years so I'm thankful for all your work. I downloaded the template from a Google search so thank you to whoever created it, if you're out there!

Not a whole lot of risks taken with this but it's what I am expecting (and REALLY hoping) to see the Bears roll out on June 7 at the 100th Anniversary Celebration. It pays homage (and is a proper throwback) to the Bears of the mid-30's led by Bronko Nagurski.  We've seen about everything they could possibly do with a navy or orange throwback so I wanted to go with white. Odds are good that they'll wear the 100th anniversary jersey in the opener against Green Bay so it would make sense to wear white as they've done so in a few openers over the last decade or so. 

(I am not a huge fan of the leotard pant look but thought it worked with the extra-stripey striped socks.) Here we go...

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

What would it look like with tan pants? I feel like it would be more accurate and it would break up the leotard look. Otherwise great job!

Nope, the original also had blue pants. 

I really love this! I’ve thought for a while that if the Bears wanted a throwback alternate they should use this instead of the one they have been. I really hope they bring it out this season somehow

5 hours ago, WBeltz said:

What would it look like with tan pants? I feel like it would be more accurate and it would break up the leotard look. Otherwise great job!

jn8 is correct but I was intrigued by the idea so I made a version with tan pants. I didn't expect to like it but I do. I'd still stick with the navy, though, even if it weren't historically accurate. Plus, I don't want my Bears to be responsible for starting a tan for tan's sake trend 😜

spacer.png

Archived