Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

WNBA Unveils New Set of League Logos

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Did the NBA add advertiser patches to its jerseys because their teams were operating at a loss?

No, but I don't see them going this far down the road with the main attraction.  I could see this with G League and WNBA teams. 

A closer look at the Dallas Uniforms:

Curious in wondering if the local media around here will show highlights of the WNBA Draft and Dallas pick.  The Wings barely get any coverage and when they hired their new coach, none of the local channels covered the hire.  At least the local media shows FC Dallas highlights.

I'm sorry, I know soccer does it, but ads on jerseys are a fooking abomination. It looks so tacky and gross. To me this looks like Texas Capital Bank is playing the Mayo Clinic on some f'ing rec league game.

I don't watch soccer very often but when I do I have no idea who the hell is playing because it looks like Mercedes-Benz is playing Toshiba. It's a giant turn-off and I'll stop watching the NFL is they ever do this.

5 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

I'm sorry, I know soccer does it, but ads on jerseys are a fooking abomination. It looks so tacky and gross. To me this looks like Texas Capital Bank is playing the Mayo Clinic on some f'ing rec league game.

I don't watch soccer very often but when I do I have no idea who the hell is playing because it looks like Mercedes-Benz is playing Toshiba. It's a giant turn-off and I'll stop watching the NFL is they ever do this.

I don’t mind the soccer kits. I think what I don’t like about the WNBA’s method is they have local AND league advertiser on the jerseys. Now with the team logo in the center with no front number it looks awful. Too busy.

16 hours ago, FSUViking said:

People don't actually live life this way, do they?

For one, there are scorebugs on tv. 

Soccer's also tends to keep their primary kits pretty similar for the most part. If Barcelona is playing Real Madrid it's gonna be hard to second guess that. 

Not all logos evoke what the team name is. If you put on a dallas cowboys game, are you going to assume you're watching the "Nike Stars"? Nothing on their uniform mentions dallas or cowboys. A star is as generic a logo as you can have. 

6 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

People don't actually live life this way, do they?

For one, there are scorebugs on tv. 

Soccer's also tends to keep their primary kits pretty similar for the most part. If Barcelona is playing Real Madrid it's gonna be hard to second guess that. 

Not all logos evoke what the team name is. If you put on a dallas cowboys game, are you going to assume you're watching the "Nike Stars"? Nothing on their uniform mentions dallas or cowboys. A star is as generic a logo as you can have. 

Oh, I'm sorry, life coach. How should I live my life?

Why the fukk would anybody assume the Dallas Cowboys are the "Nike stars?" What a horribly stupid example. One of the most recognizable team brands in the world for over 50 years. The Cowboys logo is recognized worldwide. And there's a star on the Texas flag (you allegedly live there) and stars and cowboys have been synonymous since the days of the old west.

But yeah, a Nike swoosh on the shoulder is the same thing as seeing MAYO CLINIC Minnesota Lynx  AT&T across a jersey.

Great points made. You should talk more often.

1 hour ago, FSUViking said:

Oh, I'm sorry, life coach. How should I live my life?

Why the fukk would anybody assume the Dallas Cowboys are the "Nike stars?" What a horribly stupid example. One of the most recognizable team brands in the world for over 50 years. The Cowboys logo is recognized worldwide. And there's a star on the Texas flag (you allegedly live there) and stars and cowboys have been synonymous since the days of the old west.

But yeah, a Nike swoosh on the shoulder is the same thing as seeing MAYO CLINIC Minnesota Lynx  AT&T across a jersey.

Great points made. You should talk more often.

Didn't tell you how to live your life, just asked if people actually live it that way.

Of course i'd know the cowboys are playing, but stars have been synonymous with a million things. Nearly every sports franchise in Texas uses a star, even one called the...stars...and they all represent different things. 

If someone who didn't watch football very often turned on the cowboys game, they could make the same argument you did. 

You used soccer as an example, bud. 

Real Madrid and Barcelona are more popular than the cowboys. They have little badges relative to their sponsor logos. 

You have no idea who's playing because you don't watch soccer very often (or can't read a scorebug). Not because they have ads on their jerseys. 

Do these wnba ads/uniforms look tacky? Absolutely. They don't have enough brand equity to get past that, but that doesn't make your sports watching assessment any less silly.