2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Bucks are the best remaining team in the playoffs. No one else is mowing the other teams over the way they are, and they have home court.

Warriors in 6. Bucks in 6. Finals, who knows?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Go back back ten years and tell someone this is the 2019 Final Four. Nobody would believe you 😂

Even going back to the preseason, I don't think most people would have predicted Portland, Milwaukee and Toronto to get this far over teams like Houston, Boston and Philly.

Just for fun I went back and looked at each team's 2009 rosters:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2009.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2009.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2009.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2009.html

The '09 Blazers led by Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge won more games than this current Blazers team, but they could never get over the first round hump. The Bucks and Raptors were mediocre at best when healthy, and the Don Nelson-led Warriors were fun to watch but they were also garbage. I'm really impressed with what Portland has done this past decade. They once had a young core of Aldridge, Roy and Oden that could have been a contender in the West had it not been for career-ending injuries for the latter two. But they smartly drafted Lillard over Austin Rivers in 2012, and then a few years later they draft McCollum and now they have a duo that can rival any in the league.

3 out of the 4 conference finals teams being trash a decade ago isn't all that noteworthy. Ten years is plenty of time for a league to turn over. Look at the 2009 final four teams (CLE/ORL/DEN/LAL) and compare them to their 1999 counterparts; the Cavs and Magic were going nowhere fast, and the Nuggets were a clown show. Even the Celtics were elite in 2009 (until Garnett's injury) and they were in sorry shape just five years earlier, let alone ten.

If someone claiming to be from the future comes in here and tells us that the 2029 final four will be Knicks, Wizards, Pelicans, and Spurs, I would have no reason to doubt them.

26 minutes ago, who do you think said:

If someone claiming to be from the future comes in here and tells us that the 2029 final four will be Knicks, Wizards, Pelicans, and Spurs, I would have no reason to doubt them.

Then I would immediately ask this person one simple question: So did James Dolan sell the Knicks before 2029?

14 hours ago, Wings said:

Fans hate dynasties unless it's their team. Variety is the spice of life so they say. 

I have no problem with that, I just hate the apocalyptic panicked takes that aren't grounded in reality. Just say you're tired of the team that isn't yours winning all the damn time! No shame in that, that's the point of this stupid entertainment anyway.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Warriors freak-out here seems odd. Sure, they're probably going to win it all, but it's far from a foregone conclusion — they'll have to beat two good teams, and they haven't looked that great themselves recently, particularly in these playoffs.

6fQjS3M.png

The reason people freak out about the Warriors is because their roster construction isn't replicable by other teams. No other teams will benefit from a one-year cap bump to sign Kevin Durant, and no other teams will be able to sign their greatest-shooter-of-all-time at a discount to help make that extra cap space.

Other reasons to dislike the Warriors:

- Draymond is straight trash. Good at basketball, but he should be DQed from every game and that he isn't constantly given technical fouls is amazing

- Lower bowl Warriors fans suck. Lots of money, they ruined Oakland, and they're taking the team away

- That's about it

The Warriors draft better than almost every other team and they're coached better too. Klay and Steph winning game 6 in Houston was really special. Which all makes the Durant signing that much more frustrating. But whatever. Bygones, I guess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

40 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Wasn't the entire point of The Process so the Sixers would win championships instead of losing in the second round every year? 

By one measure (probably the biggest) yes, and so far it has t panned out. To be fair, their current starting 5 only played 10 games together this season. If all come back next year, they’ll prob be in position to host game 7s, so it’s far from over. 

By another measure, they’re more than relevant again, selling out nearly every game (possibly every single one) and being the talk of the town. The excitement in the arena for even a regular season game against some jabroni team is incredible. They have stars, so from that respect it was successful. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

FWIW, I’m pulling for the Raptors now. Kawhi is incredible and as a fellow Villanova grad I’ve always liked Kyle Lowry. I wasn’t paying 100% attention ruin, but I don’t think they have any hateable guys. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The reason people freak out about the Warriors is because their roster construction isn't replicable by other teams. No other teams will benefit from a one-year cap bump to sign Kevin Durant, and no other teams will be able to sign their greatest-shooter-of-all-time at a discount to help make that extra cap space.

Other reasons to dislike the Warriors:

- Draymond is straight trash. Good at basketball, but he should be DQed from every game and that he isn't constantly given technical fouls is amazing

- Lower bowl Warriors fans suck. Lots of money, they ruined Oakland, and they're taking the team away

- That's about it

The Warriors draft better than almost every other team and they're coached better too. Klay and Steph winning game 6 in Houston was really special. Which all makes the Durant signing that much more frustrating. But whatever. Bygones, I guess.

The Warriors current reign would be slightly more tolerable if Durant hadn't bitched out & joined them. 

Granted that's more on KD than the Warriors. 

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

By one measure (probably the biggest) yes, and so far it has t panned out. To be fair, their current starting 5 only played 10 games together this season. If all come back next year, they’ll prob be in position to host game 7s, so it’s far from over. 

By another measure, they’re more than relevant again, selling out nearly every game (possibly every single one) and being the talk of the town. The excitement in the arena for even a regular season game against some jabroni team is incredible. They have stars, so from that respect it was successful. 

Likely wouldn’t happen when they only have 4 people that aren’t free agents. Butler is likely out, Harris is 50/50, and reddick will go where ever gives him the biggest offer.

32 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

This is a bit of a surprise:

Compared to whom Cleveland talked to, I think this was the best choice for a team that's only going to get younger this summer. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

FWIW, I’m pulling for the Raptors now. Kawhi is incredible and as a fellow Villanova grad I’ve always liked Kyle Lowry. I wasn’t paying 100% attention ruin, but I don’t think they have any hateable guys. 

Kyle Lowry will fall to the ground if someone breathes on him. Other than him, though, I generally like the Raptors players, especially Kawhi and Siakom. If they weren't the ones to knock out the Magic, they'd probably be my playoff bandwagon for this year.

ExJworW.png

Archived