2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Tracy Jordan

31 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

They came out and absolutely punched Golden State in the mouth. That game was an absolute respect earner if I’ve ever seen one, and it’s probably the closest thing they’ve had to being humbled since the WCF in 2016.

I don't know, I think blowing a 3-1 lead in the 2016 Finals might have humbled them a little bit, but that's just me. B)

screen-shot-2016-10-26-at-12-34-01-pm.pn

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

I’ve seen those in a lot of the lower end liquor stores around here. I’ve been tempted, but ultimately too scared to try one because it’s got to be downright AWFUL. I mean, 40s are usually pretty terrible, but those look Steel Reserve 211 levels of bad. 

E40 added a "tequila" earlier this year too. He got his products in BevMo too. 

As the last five years have illustrated, I am not a Warriors Stan, but I do laugh with happiness when the KD-less squad plays frantically and hits 3s.

10 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

No, it's not cool. And if more people wanted to talk about that then there would be a conversation worth having. Instead? People want to bust his balls for liking a basketball team.

And if anything Drake has done crosses the line of legality? It'll come out. That :censored: never stays buried.

I wouldn’t say he’s done anything illegal yet, he’s not asking for lewd photos or going full-on rapist. However, he’s had a behavioral pattern of getting a bit close to teen girls on social media (specifically actress Millie Bobby Brown) and there’s this:

He’s no R. Kelly just yet, but it’s not a bad idea to keep an eye on it. 

But like @dfwabel said, E40 has probably been a bigger social detriment than any of Drake’s creeping. I’m a Warriors fan, but I’m not deluded about the quality of the celebrity fans or the team’s ability to game the salary cap and the CBA.

18 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I wouldn’t say he’s done anything illegal yet, he’s not asking for lewd photos or going full-on rapist. However, he’s had a behavioral pattern of getting a bit close to teen girls on social media (specifically actress Millie Bobby Brown) and there’s this:

He’s no R. Kelly just yet, but it’s not a bad idea to keep an eye on it. 

But like @dfwabel said, E40 has probably been a bigger social detriment than any of Drake’s creeping. I’m a Warriors fan, but I’m not deluded about the quality of the celebrity fans or the team’s ability to game the salary cap and the CBA.

Singing artists have done that since Jerry Lee Lewis at the earliest print recording.

In the early 90', I recall a Bobby Brown show I was at (tour for the "Don't Be Cruel" album) and the girl he called on stage for "My Roni" was a girl who was in my HS but a class before me.  Sadly, $hit happens, but Drake is not R.Kelly*...yet.

*-The initial R Kelly and Public Announcement album with his first single, "You Got That Vibe" mentioned Aaliyah when she was just 12. 

BACK TO THE GAME(S): Pascal Siakam dropped 30 on 14-17 from the field.  What can you expect from him after tonight?  Truly, it ain't 14-17

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

What did we do wrong again?

Sorry, I should’ve specified that I meant that specific brand of Raptors/Leafs fan who goes on TSN’s Facebook page and screams about how every Toronto loss is because there’s a conspiracy by the league(s) against the city of Toronto. Most of y’all are cool. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Wish the Raptors had a color scheme of their own if Kawhi Leonard is gonna will them into history here. Should have committed to the Drake colors.

If they win in the North jerseys I’d say that red/white with some silver trim could definitely be called as their own, and very appropriate for the league’s sole Canadian team. You could even spin it as a mixture of the MLSE teams, with the white and predominantly single color coming from the Leafs and the red and silver/grey from TFC. On the other hand, they’d be immortalizing jerseys that say North instead of something like their actual location or name 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The HR Department of Public Opinion already said it's okay to sniff a teenage girl's hair if you make people nostalgic for the early 2010s. Drake's safe; "Headlines" and "What's My Name" were good songs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

If I based my fandom on whether other fans sucked or not, I wouldn't be a fan of anything.

Two of my favorite pieces of entertainment are The Office and the MCU. I hate both fandoms. So yeah, well put. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Sorry, I should’ve specified that I meant that specific brand of Raptors/Leafs fan who goes on TSN’s Facebook page and screams about how every Toronto loss is because there’s a conspiracy by the league(s) against the city of Toronto. Most of y’all are cool. 

Don't forget the ones that decided it would be fun to take over the Magic subreddit and had their fun with it for about a week during and after round 1. Our mods were doing the best they could, but the Raptors fans just kept coming. It kept going until the mods on the Raptors sub and the general NBA sub said they would also ban anyone who continued to raid us.

ExJworW.png

12 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I think the Warriors will ultimately be fine, but ok, I’m fully woken up to what the Raptors are now. They came out and absolutely punched Golden State in the mouth.

Thank you.

Drake is a :censored:ing dumbass, I don’t care what anyone says. That guy can go get hit by a bus for all I care. 

Deserved.

That being said, the Warriors didn’t lose because of injuries (that’s always just a trash excuse that losers use anyway). They lost because Toronto game planned about as well as they possibly could and Siakam went absolutely ballistic. I think the Warriors can adjust, but they better do it quickly. 

Thanks for the respect. I feel like this series is going 7.

36 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Don't forget the ones that decided it would be fun to take over the Magic subreddit and had their fun with it for about a week during and after round 1. Our mods were doing the best they could, but the Raptors fans just kept coming. It kept going until the mods on the Raptors sub and the general NBA sub said they would also ban anyone who continued to raid us.

You’re crying about a series three rounds ago. Stop it. 

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

It's surprising that more subs don't have rules like that in place. The Blackhawks' sub has a rule in place that says if you troll an opposing team's sub, you get banned.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The NBA Finals are underway and still all anyone gives a :censored: about regarding this wretched league is memes, instagram likes, celebrity fans, social watchdogging, and reddit raids. Might as well start broadcasting the games on twitch and have text-to-speech chat bots serve as the announcers.

Wish hockey clicked more with me.

Archived