2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Another one of those Warriors games where they enter the half down by 8 but it feels like they're up by 15.

The Warriors were down 12 with like 2:20 left and made a shot to cut the lead to 10. 10 points with about 2 minutes left should be a semi-comfortable situation, but Golden State's like the Patriots where no lead ever feels safe until the game is over. 

Nice job by the Dino Boys. Two more!

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

A lot of people make the mistake.. Should be the Bay Bridge not Golden Gate.

They just took the long way up 580 to the Redwood Highway. Probably a wreck on the Bay Bridge.

VmWIn6B.png

How pissed just LeBron be that each successive Warriors team he played was better than the last?

The miles finally caught up with Golden State this season, and LeBron's sitting at home. Rough.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't think shoving Kyle Lowry was a big deal. Big dude comes crashing into a row of seats you're in, you're probably gonna react. What's a little shove from a civilian gonna do to Kyle Lowry, anyway? Of course, Deadspin is freaking out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I don't think shoving Kyle Lowry was a big deal. Big dude comes crashing into a row of seats you're in, you're probably gonna react. What's a little shove from a civilian gonna do to Kyle Lowry, anyway? Of course, Deadspin is freaking out.

The dude doing the shoving wasn't crashed into and he shoved Lowry after the crashing was over.

If you're in the front row you don't get to shove players. And JVG shouldn't be encouraging people to do so.

NBA Reddit sourced that ticket cost at something $68k. That guy deserved to be thrown out and hopefully not allowed back in. Don't shove players.

EDIT: Just saw the Deadspin article. He's a minority owner!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

The dude doing the shoving wasn't crashed into and he shoved Lowry after the crashing was over.

If you're in the front row you don't get to shove players. And JVG shouldn't be encouraging people to do so.

NBA Reddit sourced that ticket cost at something $68k. That guy deserved to be thrown out and hopefully not allowed back in. Don't shove players.

He's actually a part-owner of the Warriors, according to Axios.

The guy didn't throw a punch or anything. Clock wasn't running. He didn't even push him very hard. I don't know why everyone is in such a state over the thought that someone would touch a player. I will pray for the safety of Kyle Lowry and hope this does not lead to a rash of copycat shoves.

Just now, the admiral said:

The guy didn't throw a punch or anything. Clock wasn't running. He didn't even push him very hard. I don't know why everyone is in such a state over the thought that someone would touch a player. I will pray for the safety of Kyle Lowry and hope this does not lead to a rash of copycat shoves.

"Keep your hands to yourself" is literally the least we can ask of each other.

A :censored:ing team owner shouldn't be shoving opposing players or cursing them out.

Most fans won't hurt a player. Stephen Jackson and Metta World Peace took out half of Detroit by themselves. But that's clearly not the point. Don't touch people unless they want you to touch them.

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

"Keep your hands to yourself" is yet another lesson from kindergarten that no longer matters, apparently.

When athletes come barreling into you and knock people next to you over, all you should do is say "wow, you're so awesome, this is even better than Hamilton!"

Interfering with the game is one thing, malicious intent is another, this is just heat-of-the-moment incidental stuff and everyone is taking it way too seriously.

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

When athletes come barreling into you and knock people next to you over, all you should do is say "wow, you're so awesome, this is even better than Hamilton!"

Interfering with the game is one thing, malicious intent is another, this is just heat-of-the-moment incidental stuff and everyone is taking it way too seriously.

You're being weird about this. And no one cares as much about Hamilton as you; its moment has passed.

It's pretty clear that you don't shove players. Especially if they don't even touch you, like Lowry didn't touch the Warriors d-bag.

We certainly wouldn't accept Dolan shoving Paul George and then yelling at him afterward. That would be a problem. So is this.

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Of course people will have a natural reaction with their hands when Kyle Lowry lands on them, but an active push like what the guy did is way more "malicious intent" than "natural reaction." I can't believe this is gonna get Zapruder-tape'd.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

You have to be literally Beyoncé or a billionaire VC to sit courtside at a Warriors finals game. You shouldn’t touch players. Especially not if you’re a minority owner of the team. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Under normal circumstances, no, you shouldn't, which I've said already. But a zero-tolerance policy is facile, as zero-tolerance policies often are.

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No, the people calling it assault  -- assault! -- and demanding he be banned for life are being weird.

This is a good point. He actually committed battery.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived