Tracy Jordan

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Warriors should be up 20 right now. 

Shot selection is just terrible by Toronto. Only thing keeping them in it is the misses on the other side. And Kawhi.

How does Draymond not get ejected from every single game?  Lowry, who's defending him, gets called for a foul and he still screams at the ref.

47 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's 2019... this whole country runs off hurt feelings.

There was an interesting article a few years ago about how honor cultures (you wronged me, now I must kill you) naturally give way to dignity cultures (you wronged me, now we have to settle it civilly), which in turn have given way to today's victim culture, where you right wrongs indirectly by appealing to the masses and/or authority. Stevens and Lowry by all rights should have been able to rectify Stevens's offense, because he did screw up, between themselves, but could not. LeBron James had to butt in and make Silver peckerslap Stevens. Couldn't have a Finals without LeBron!

Golden State is playing three All-NBA players and a former no. 1 pick, but they still don't have depth. On the other hand, Toronto is playing 7 guys.

I think the Warriors are too good to be out of gas, but right now, they look out of gas.

EDIT: The cheers you hear for Toronto in Oracle are really weird.

The Raptors were clinical in third.

Wow.

Jesus. 

Toronto is winning the championship. Early congrats.

Just now, Wings said:

Careful, Icarus...(and I'm rooting for them as well)

Klay is so good.

2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Toronto still has to win tonight. And if any team can come back from 3-1 (besides the 2016 Cavs), it's the Warriors with a returning Kevin Durant.

Durant better play until his legs fall off the rest of this series. 

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Klay is so good.

Toronto still has to win tonight. And if any team can come back from 3-1 (besides the 2016 Cavs), it's the Warriors with a returning Kevin Durant.

I'm not as confident about the return of Durant as you are but you never know. 

Just now, Wings said:

I'm not as confident about the return of Durant as you are but you never know. 

I have no idea what's happening with him. But i do think the full-strength Warriors could go 3-0 against these Raptors. It's a lot to ask -- especially with two of those games on the road -- but still possible.

I learned to believe in playoff Durant when he snuffed the life out of Cleveland in game 4 of the 2017 Finals.

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I have no idea what's happening with him. But i do think the full-strength Warriors could go 3-0 against these Raptors. It's a lot to ask -- especially with two of those games on the road -- but still possible.

I learned to believe in playoff Durant when he snuffed the life out of Cleveland in game 4 of the 2017 Finals.

I totally agree that the full strength Warriors could come back from a deficit but i think the wear and tear has finally caught up with them. 

If Durant isn’t back Monday, this series is over. 

What a performance by Toronto. 

The Raptors are one win away from not only the biggest decision in Kawhi's NBA career, but also one win away from a very angry Stephen A. Smith, which is what I really want. 

22 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Careful, Icarus...(and I'm rooting for them as well)

Destiny is a Dinosaur 

So because the basketball god love their cruel irony, Durant is going to come back Game 5, and The Warriors are going to overcome a 3-1 series deficit to win the 4th in a row or something? 

Spoiler

But Seriously, I would love for this to be how Toronto gets their first championship, dethroning one of basketballs greatest dynasties (Lebron doesn't count).