Tracy Jordan

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

3 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I wonder, was it really KD's decision to play, or did Kerr force him because it was an elimination game? 

Myers:"the initial injury was a calf injury. This is not a calf injury."

5 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I wonder, was it really KD's decision to play, or did Kerr force him because it was an elimination game? 

Um, have you not been paying attention to the NBA for about a decade?

"Coach forced him..."  Good one.

6 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Man the Knicks can’t catch a break can they? Lol

He'll still get a max deal.

If the Raptors end up losing the series (totally possible!), losing by a single point in game 5 will feel especially brutal. They were up 6 with 2 minutes to go!

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

If the Raptors end up losing the series (totally possible!), losing by a single point in game 5 will feel especially brutal. They were up 6 with 2 minutes to go!

He can still envoke his player option for next season and get healthy on the Warriors' time and money. Like Shaq once said, “I got hurt on company time, so I'll rehab on company time.”

And "Da real MVP" coming after those who questioned her baby.

The cheering fans are absolutely despicable humans, and I actually was rooting for the Warriors because of it. Then I remembered, you cant judge a whole fanbase based on a handful of a$$holes. Just like the idiots that sparked the Malice at the Palace.  

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I like to be careful getting ahead of myself, but at that point I was thinking "my god; the Toronto Raptors are going to win it all..." 

It really looked that way.  It's like I forgot about Golden State's ability to strike quickly...

Regarding Durant, I'm not a fan of his move to Golden State, but you don't want to see this happening to one of the best players in the league.  I believe he wanted to play; the question is whether the team should have protected him from himself.  As for the fans, it's human nature to be conflicted ("that sucks, but it helps us") but to cheer it and taunt him?  Ugh.

Dang, if Kawhi made two free throws, I wouldn’t be so sad right now.

I didn't see it - was it more of a "hey, this helps our team!  Go Raptors!!!  Oh wait.. I shouldn't be cheering when a guy got hurt..." kind of thing?

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I didn't see it - was it more of a "hey, this helps our team!  Go Raptors!!!  Oh wait.. I shouldn't be cheering when a guy got hurt..." kind of thing?

I think it was reacting to the turnover, which then got louder when they saw KD go down a few seconds later, and then got quoted by the raptors yelling at the fans to knock it off. It took that for the fans to see the situation for what it was and then chanted his name as he walked down the tunnel.

Yeah it felt mostly to me that they were still celebrating the turnover and they started behaving appropriately when their players told them to quiet down. Maybe there were a few aholes cheering for an injury, but I don’t think it was nearly as bad as the people who were all “Canada is a wretched hive of scum and villainy!!!!!” made it seem. 

16 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Maybe there were a few aholes cheering for an injury, but I don’t think it was nearly as bad as the people who were all “Canada is a wretched hive of scum and villainy!!!!!” made it seem. 

Fans are almost as detestable as ownership and management. What a perfect world it would be if players could only play for Deadspin writers.

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

He can still envoke his player option for next season and get healthy on the Warriors' time and money. Like Shaq once said, “I got hurt on company time, so I'll rehab on company time.”

If Durant puts that PO into motion, it's basically curtains for Klay as a Warrior, isn't it? 

Imagine if next year the Warriors have no Klay and KD recovering from a season long injury. That's brutal. 

13 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Raptors are still in control of this series, but tonight was great for a few different reasons. 

We get get one final game at Oracle.

KD (I hope) earned some respect tonight. I wasn’t sure what to think of his “calf strain” (I had a feeling it was probably worse), and would’ve been bummed if they lost and he never even played. Him even attempting to play tonight despite being legitimately injured and risking his future a bit is a move that I don’t think is smart, but is absolutely admirable. It also erases any of the doubt anyone may have had about how hurt he really was. For his sake, and the only silver lining, is that’s probably a good thing. 

I think this actually answers where he planned to go next year. If he's thinking of anywhere other than Golden State he would have been better off to sit it out and watch the Warriors lose. If that Achilles tear is bad enough, he could miss the entire season next year. No other team would bring him in if that's the case.

23 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

If Durant puts that PO into motion, it's basically curtains for Klay as a Warrior, isn't it? 

Imagine if next year the Warriors have no Klay and KD recovering from a season long injury. That's brutal. 

I don't know if this means Klay's out though. Cousins most likely will be gone, and a couple other bit players as well. With a new stadium opening, Golden State will want as many pieces of this year's team available going in to the year. 

Shaun Livingston and Jordan Bell could be gone as well. Bell won't be missed though. 

As much as one side of my brain says "This was still the Raptors' best season ever, no matter what happens," the other side is like "Dammit, they're just the Leafs of basketball. I should just stop watching sports altogether."

Still watching til the end of the series, though. I didn't pay for 6 months of TSN Direct for nothing.

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Shaun Livingston and Jordan Bell could be gone as well. Bell won't be missed though. 

Livingston has said he’s gonna retire after this series

Has any player's reputation been as instantly rehabbed as quickly as KD's was last night?

Wow.