Tracy Jordan

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Has any player's reputation been as instantly rehabbed as quickly as KD's was last night?

 

Wow.

Bob Myers didn't do him any favors with his comment that him (Durant) playing was, "a collaborative decision".

,

Bomani got it right, "He gave the last years of his prime for this championship. You salty Warriors fans who never really liked him in the first place, he gave y'all more than you ever deserved when he decided to play on this injury. Kevin Durant ain't that happy to begin with and that one thing what does give him some measure of happiness is one playing basketball." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Starters on the Ringer would make a lot of sense.

 

Remember when Bill Simmons used their theme music for a minute on his podcast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

The Starters on the Ringer would make a lot of sense.

 

Remember when Bill Simmons used their theme music for a minute on his podcast?

DAZN makes more sense to me as opposed to The Ringer. Too many other NBA folks over there with Simmons.

 

Heck, they could go to The Athletic since they've expanded into digital.

 

I remember that NBA preview with Simmons and Jalen from Grantland.  The other conference previewed was Part 2 and he had to apologize for the use of the same track. I always wondered how generic the song actually is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Has any player's reputation been as instantly rehabbed as quickly as KD's was last night?

 

Wow.

I would have preferred a healthy achilles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never been to Toronto but I would hope that the cheering an injury isn’t reflective of the city of Toronto nor the Raptors fanbase as a whole, but it wasn’t a good look for the Arena from what I saw on the US feed. Nor do I think it was the mess that the media is trying to make out to be. 

 

Ive also experienced a similar injury to KD’s and know the potential severity of it. This could very well change the NBA future landscape. I mean there is a serious possibility that Durant won’t be able to play next season. If he does come back after that he may not be the same.

 

I know some of the above might sound like hyperbole, but to me it looked like legitimate concern from the Warriors players and organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Bob Myers didn't do him any favors with his comment that him (Durant) playing was, "a collaborative decision".

,

Bomani got it right, "He gave the last years of his prime for this championship. You salty Warriors fans who never really liked him in the first place, he gave y'all more than you ever deserved when he decided to play on this injury. Kevin Durant ain't that happy to begin with and that one thing what does give him some measure of happiness is one playing basketball." 

 

Who, exactly, are these people? This part of the narrative seems completely made up for convenience sake (AKA, it's lazy). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Who, exactly, are these people? This part of the narrative seems completely made up for convenience sake (AKA, it's lazy). 

These people are the ones who were on Team Draymond during the KD/Draymond beef.  You know, the same beef which got Draymond suspended for one game by the team in November.  You can count the Durant backers on your fingers and toes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

These people are the ones who were on Team Draymond during the KD/Draymond beef.  You know, the same beef which got Draymond suspended for one game by the team in November.  You can count the Durant backers on your fingers and toes. 

 

Wow, how many fingers and toes do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

I’ve never been to Toronto but I would hope that the cheering an injury isn’t reflective of the city of Toronto nor the Raptors fanbase as a whole, but it wasn’t a good look for the Arena from what I saw on the US feed. Nor do I think it was the mess that the media is trying to make out to be. 

 

Ive also experienced a similar injury to KD’s and know the potential severity of it. This could very well change the NBA future landscape. I mean there is a serious possibility that Durant won’t be able to play next season. If he does come back after that he may not be the same.

 

I know some of the above might sound like hyperbole, but to me it looked like legitimate concern from the Warriors players and organization. 

I really don’t think they were cheering the injury. It happened at the same time as a turn over. I honestly think that’s what they were reacting too. The narrative that they were cheering for the injury was created by the announcers. After the play and things settled down they saw that he was legitimately injured and started cheering him (not the injury) as he left the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

These people are the ones who were on Team Draymond during the KD/Draymond beef.  You know, the same beef which got Draymond suspended for one game by the team in November.  You can count the Durant backers on your fingers and toes. 

 

Yeah, I don't believe this for a single second. I get being on "Team Draymond" during the beef with him and KD, but to say that it extends to a bunch of "Salty Warriors fans who never really liked him in the first place" seems a bit absurd.

 

There may be parts of KD that are frustrating at times, but even the least self aware Warriors fan realizes how much KD has contributed to this team's success. To say otherwise is operating in pretty bad faith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Yeah, I don't believe this for a single second. I get being on "Team Draymond" during the beef with him and KD, but to say that it extends to a bunch of "Salty Warriors fans who never really liked him in the first place" seems a bit absurd.

 

There may be parts of KD that are frustrating at times, but even the least self aware Warriors fan realizes how much KD has contributed to this team's success. To say otherwise is operating in pretty bad faith. 

I do believe a lot more people were on “team Draymond” and actually believed “we don’t need you” as green put it. That’s all I saw from warriors fans on Facebook during the Houston and portland series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Blues won it all tonight.

 

Let's hope the Raptors follow suit tomorrow. Go Raps! 🇨🇦

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Blues won it all tonight.

 

Let's hope the Raptors follow suit tomorrow. Go Raps! 🇨🇦

 

If the Raptors win, it will be great.  And then the enthusiasm of most sports fans will deflate again when the NFL Season kicks off and once again The Pats represent the AFC in the Super Bowl and wins again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GDAWG said:

 

If the Raptors win, it will be great.  And then the enthusiasm of most sports fans will deflate again when the NFL Season kicks off and once again The Pats represent the AFC in the Super Bowl and wins again.

 

On the bright side: The Pats will win, probably the Red Sox too...BUT......the possible Boston Triple Crown has been DEEENIIIIIIIIED!!

 

The Celtics lost too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

On the bright side: The Pats will win, probably the Red Sox too...BUT......the possible Boston Triple Crown has been DEEENIIIIIIIIED!!

 

The Celtics lost too.

 

I am fine with the Red Sox winning again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

On the bright side: The Pats will win, probably the Red Sox too...BUT......the possible Boston Triple Crown has been DEEENIIIIIIIIED!!

 

The Celtics lost too.

Maybe even Brady playing like a crusty 42 year old at last and the Patriots window finally shuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digby said:

Have you all watched any baseball this year? The Sox are a special kind of post-title hungover.

 

I’m an SF Giants fan. Join the f—king club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.