2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happened! It finally happened.... Jamaal "The Big Cat" Magloire, 2004 NBA All-Star and Raptors assistant coach, has finally won an NBA championship!

spacer.png

6058446-300x413.jpg&c=sc&w=300&h=413

Thank you Toronto for knocking off the champs. Also congrats to Marc Gasol and Jeremy Lin. I'm so happy that they finally got a ring!

It would've been a remarkable accomplishment, one worthy of applause really, if the Warriors had been able to push this to Game 7 at this point, let alone win it. Frankly, I was hoping it would happen, although obviously I'm not gonna complain about this outcome, either.

Of course, if this weren't Golden State but rather, oh I dunno, Boston, then there's zero chance I would be writing those words. Shameless hypocrite.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It would've been a remarkable accomplishment, one worthy of applause really, if the Warriors had been able to push this to Game 7 at this point, let alone win it. Frankly, I was hoping it would happen...

I’m glad it didn’t :D 

Dig the new icon Ice. I have not been able to sleep. I don't think It has sunk in yet. Sure to others its w.e but, for being a fan since day one and, to only live 1 and half hour from Toronto you've seen it all lol.

I'm sure it will take awhile to actually realize how surreal this actually is. I think actually I blanked out once the buzzer hit lol ( no booze was involved lol ).

Not only that but to witness history. I thought TFC winning was something special. But I think this is beyond and more. A true moment from my perspective to be apart of history. It may not happen again ( not in bad way ). So in the mean time, I'm taking this time to soak it all in.

I just hope I remember it all after the weekend ;)

4kv29i.jpg

Given basketball’s origins? It’s coming home!

13 hours ago, Davey said:

Dig the new icon Ice. 

Thanks! I couldn’t help but do it :D

13 hours ago, Davey said:

I don't think It has sunk in yet. Sure to others its w.e but, for being a fan since day one and, to only live 1 and half hour from Toronto you've seen it all lol.

I’m right there with you. Being a fan as a 90s kid when the team sucked and the rest of the league treated them like a joke. I remember watching them play the Jordan Bulls only to get annihilated and still cheering every basket they managed. Or watching them during the Vince Carter years thinking they were going to do it. Seeing Bosh leave for the Miami superteam. Seeing them fall short every year...  

I can’t believe this stupid dinosaur team I’ve stuck by because they were my stupid dinosaur hometown team finally did it. I still can’t sleep. 

I only wish I could have been in Kitchener-Waterloo for it. Being back home to see this would have been magical.

9ITxZcl.gif

HaikA4E.gif

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

What can Golden State even do? This just became impossible for them. 2019-20 is going to be a really bad year for them.

It's a team owned by Joe Lacob.

According to his long time previous comments, the Warriors are "on to the next idea".

Chase Center is over budget by 30% but the team still has $2B in sponsorships, PSL/suites, and tickets sold before it opens. They'll be fine.

OTOH, Curry seems to be given a pass for his "unclutchness". In Game 6 he was 3-11 from 3 and 6-17 overall for 21 points.

Imagine if that was LeBron's line.

2015 LeBron was putting up 36, 13, and 9 while losing his two best teammates yet still got ripped.

Huge congrats to the Raps! This team is super likable, top to bottom (depending on your opinion on Drake), and I am super happy for them and their fans. As for the Warriors, it’s satisfying to see Draymond and Boogie lose, but it’s a huge bummer about the injuries to Klay and KD. Never good to see such major injuries, much less to two of the league’s top talents. 

And I know someone already pointed it out, but please, don’t let all the fuss about this series distract you from the fact that Patrick McCaw threepeated. 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I wish, but alas it'll probably be that team from Boston again. 

The Patriots are from 45 minutes (on a good day) away and I refuse to accept them as Boston Boston.

6 hours ago, Magnus said:

MOD EDIT: No politics, even Canadian. 

I’m sorry but the “even Canadian” bit gave me a chuckle.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Huge congrats to the Raps! This team is super likable, top to bottom (depending on your opinion on Drake), and I am super happy for them and their fans. As for the Warriors, it’s satisfying to see Draymond and Boogie lose, but it’s a huge bummer about the injuries to Klay and KD. Never good to see such major injuries, much less to two of the league’s top talents. 

And I know someone already pointed it out, but please, don’t let all the fuss about this series distract you from the fact that Patrick McCaw threepeated. 

This. Drake wants to pretend like he is an athlete so badly. But even at his worst, he is a million times less annoying than Curry, Draymond, Klay, KD and Cousins. Both the Bucks and Raptors were very likable teams in the East. I'm sure people are a lot happier to see them battle it out, instead of Lebron in the finals every year. 

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

It's a team owned by Joe Lacob.

According to his long time previous comments, the Warriors are "on to the next idea".

Chase Center is over budget by 30% but the team still has $2B in sponsorships, PSL/suites, and tickets sold before it opens. They'll be fine.

OTOH, Curry seems to be given a pass for his "unclutchness". In Game 6 he was 3-11 from 3 and 6-17 overall for 21 points. Imagine if that was LeBron's line. 2015 LeBron was putting up 36, 13, and 9 while losing his two best teammates yet still got ripped.

No one is protected like Steph.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don’t like seeing two great players out for so long.  But...

At this point, the NBA looks refreshingly wide-open next year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So.....The Raptors the first non-Lebron led team from the East to win the title since.....the 2008 Celtics!?!

#Parity

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You can put together an NBA championship team and still get harrassed by the cops.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Sorry man. What do you want me to say? The Raptors won the NBA Championship! I never thought this was going to happen.

Thing is I generally do like the Spurs. I think they're a great organization. That being said? Not gonna let your salt ruin this ;)

And I don’t want to ruin it for you guys, I really like this raptors roster and I think Lowry and Gasol were some of the most deserving of a championship. I’m really happy the raptors won, just not Kawhi.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

None of this happens without an improbable quadruple doink in game 7 vs Sixers. Good for Kawai and Lowry. Really came to like this team and was rooting them on after the Sixers got KOd. 

Just sucks they won in those silly jerseys and not their primary

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived