NHL City Pride Shirts (SJ Added!)

ldconcepts

Decided to start a series where I'll design minimalist shirts for every NHL city/team using their skyline and striping pattern.

I'll post the designs as I make them, and they'll be available to purchase on Redbubble.

VANCOUVER

(available here)

D4CQeQiWkAcpjqj.jpg:large

BOSTON

(available here)

D4DRhDUWwAEQt4A.jpg:large

MONTREAL

(available here)

D4DSCUGXkAIsHuw.jpg:large

What do you think?
C&C appreciated, and also let me know which team you'd be interested in seeing!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

edit: I’d also add the logos instead of the city abbreviations

Probably best not to do that so as to avoid any copyright issues.

I'm a bit torn over using airport codes vs. using the three-letter abbreviations teams use on scoreboards, etc. (e.g. YUL vs. MTL for Montreal). The airport codes might appeal more to locals (e.g. YEG is used a lot here in Edmonton) but I feel like the scoreboard abbreviations would be much more recognizable outside of local markets.

EDIT: Also agree with @BellaSpurs – definitely position the design higher on the shirt itself. Aim for the chest rather than what would be the physical middle of the shirt.

I like the idea of these, though I agree with the fact that the actual image should be raised.

As for the abbreviations, I wouldn't use the airport code for all of them, since not all cities use them a lot. (Example: Toronto should be 416 or TOR instead of YYZ, Ottawa should be OTT instead of YOW).

Great work though, and the designs look good.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

18 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Probably best not to do that so as to avoid any copyright issues.

I'm a bit torn over using airport codes vs. using the three-letter abbreviations teams use on scoreboards, etc. (e.g. YUL vs. MTL for Montreal). The airport codes might appeal more to locals (e.g. YEG is used a lot here in Edmonton) but I feel like the scoreboard abbreviations would be much more recognizable outside of local markets.

EDIT: Also agree with @BellaSpurs – definitely position the design higher on the shirt itself. Aim for the chest rather than what would be the physical middle of the shirt.

I had no idea what YVR and YEG meant, and I think a lot of people would say the same. The city initial codes would be a better idea I think.

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL City Pride Shirts (Pittsburgh added!)
  • ldconcepts changed the title to NHL City Pride Shirts (PIT/STL/LAS added!)
  • ldconcepts changed the title to NHL City Pride Shirts (416 added!)
  • ldconcepts changed the title to NHL City Pride Shirts (416 and NYC added!)
27 minutes ago, ItsSlothy said:

All your previous t shirts have 3 letters.

I know, but I'm veering away from airport codes and more towards what represents the city the best.

So either I'm going to go with LA, or if I want 3 letters, maybe LAX?

Also, I think I'm going to make a retro and a modern version, if that sways you any way.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived