My 1992 themed March Madness Bracket

Earl

Hello there,

Instead making radial or court brackets, I like to pick a year & create a bracket complete with team logos used in that year.  I did have this finished before the First Round began but I was unsatisfied with my background.  After trying different ideas using a zubaz pattern I decided it wasn't that important anymore & picked a colorful ink splatter and now sharing this.  As for the team logos, I spent months scavenging throughout the internet searching sources of team logos used at or around March 1992.  Believe it or not, my most helpful source was eBay.  There's thousands of products for sale such as pocket schedules & media guides that include years & logos on them giving me proof a team logo was used at that time.  I had to be watch out with pre-season program covers because pictures of uniforms in action would be from the previous season and such.  My other sources came from a couple YouTube videos over the 1992 March Madness coverage, Getty Images, and digitized yearbooks.  

My project is a combination of real & concept so I'm posting this in the Concept section.  I would say half of the logos were easy to find via this website & College Vault PDFs.  There other half I had to rebuild the logos myself.  All of this was done through Illustrator which I'm not an expert with.  I enjoy doing these specific-year-themed bracket as I can discover logos that cannot be find anywhere else on the internet.  And it's cool to see the different styles of logos as well as how long some of them have truly been around.  2 years ago I made a 'Stranger Things' bracket set in 1983 and I was able to reuse several logos from that period.  Here is the full Imgur album that has some explanation of how I know that was the correct logo to use.  I can provide more info & sources if wanted.

spacer.png

Because the determined teams aren't set until Selection Sunday, altogether I had 181 schools ready for contingency reasons which is just over half of all D1 schools.  These below are the team logos for the schools that didn't make the tournament.  Some of them obviously wasn't going to make the tourney due to their record but I had concrete evidence & was able to quickly prepare them.  My personal favorite is Lehigh's.
  spacer.pngspacer.png

Archived