Mr. Red Logo (updated again with version 3)

adam__cain

Since Cincinnati is entering its post 150 year era, I have been messing around with a new Mr. Red logo for a new uni set and this is what I came up with. I have always thought that the Mr. Redleg logo just looks like he is lolly-gagging (spelling?) everywhere. Mr. Red always looked more aggressive and ready for action. Here's my take on him. He would wear whatever uniform he is being being featured on. Let me know what you think, and I'm still looking for ways to make it look more polished.

spacer.png

On 4/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, coco1997 said:

Try to center the “C” logo above Mr. Redlegs’ head. Right now it looks like his cap is slanted to the side. Other than that, I like it!

This is part that I just couldn't seem to make work the way I wanted. I will move it a little more to the right and see if that's better. 

17 hours ago, appleclock said:

Maybe thicken that mustache a bit.  He looks like a beatnick French cat burglar. Needs to be more like an old timey barenuckle boxer. Use Single A Lexington Legends for reference.

This might be my favorite description ever! I do think the mustache is one of those things that should be a little more over the top. 

On 4/16/2019 at 8:48 AM, adam__cain said:

Since Cincinnati is entering its post 150 year era, I have been messing around with a new Mr. Red logo for a new uni set and this is what I came up with. I have always thought that the Mr. Redleg logo just looks like he is lolly-gagging (spelling?) everywhere. Mr. Red always looked more aggressive and ready for action. Here's my take on him. He would wear whatever uniform he is being being featured on. Let me know what you think, and I'm still looking for ways to make it look more polished.

spacer.png

Here is version 2. Fixed the hat, and added some weight to the handlebars.

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Hobogrish said:

Mustache not working.  Needs a bit more of a Monopoly style.  Maybe top lip needs to be hidden by the ‘Stache  

So more the shape than the thickness? More downward angled than big handlebars?

21 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I saw a good suggestion to look to  the Lexington Legends mustache as reference, I would definitely do that. 

On 4/17/2019 at 12:09 AM, appleclock said:

Maybe thicken that mustache a bit.  He looks like a beatnick French cat burglar. Needs to be more like an old timey barenuckle boxer. Use Single A Lexington Legends for reference.

So here he is with this Legendary facial hair. I worked at the Legends ballpark for several summers so I'm very familiar with Big L. 

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, adam__cain said:

So here he is with this Legendary facial hair. I worked at the Legends ballpark for several summers so I'm very familiar with Big L. 

spacer.png

I like this better. I think the issue before was the open, snarling mouth. Didn’t really flow with the stache. Might want to try losing the mouth altogether although that might leave too much open space there.

1 hour ago, adam__cain said:

I’m working there now actually lol.

1 hour ago, adam__cain said:

spacer.png

This is much better, as suggested I might lose the mouth. I’d also even the stache up a bit more, the right side seems smaller than the left.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

10 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m working there now actually lol.

This is much better, as suggested I might lose the mouth. I’d also even the stache up a bit more, the right side seems smaller than the left.

Small world....

Archived