LMU

2019 NHL Country Club (offseason)

Recommended Posts

Your #1 projected NHL Draft pick Jack Hughes, denied by Team GB's goalie. We still lost, though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erik Karlsson apparently prefers to head back East, in proximity to Ottawa, where his family still is.

 

Montreal is supposedly a front runner, but I think Bergevin's too incompetent to get him. 

 

I don't see him going back to Ottawa. Toronto can't afford him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 6:50 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Erik Karlsson apparently prefers to head back East, in proximity to Ottawa, where his family still is.

 

Montreal is supposedly a front runner, but I think Bergevin's too incompetent to get him. 

 

I don't see him going back to Ottawa. Toronto can't afford him. 

Oh the NHL off-season rumor mill, how I've missed thee. Yeah I can't see him going back to Ottawa. Word from Elliotte Friedman 5-6 days ago was Karlsson's taking a long hard look at staying with the Sharks because Karlsson's goal is to win and we would know probably within a week if he wants to stay or move on, meaning that thank you note may not be good bye. So maybe we'll know by the end of the weekend?

 

Sharks having a number of Free Agents though and seem to be waiting to hear from Joe Thornton on if he wants to return or retire. I'm thinking now that the camps of Thornton, Karlsson, Pavelski are all trying to figure out how they work out deals to remain on the Sharks.  Unfortunately, if not EK65, then Nyquist seems like the odd-man out right now. Most people see Pavelski as the primary FA to sign, it really depends on how much he wants and term.  He's coming off his best season, but he's 34 and coming off an injury-plagued playoffs. Of course Pavs and Jumbo are beloved in San Jose, but it's really just anyone's guess as to what they're doing and if Doug Wilson has some kind of Master plan.  

 

Why do I think he might stick around? He seems to spending a good amount of time with Sharks and Bay Area players. Yes, it's hard to travel when you have groin surgery, but he did spend the weekend with teammate (for now) Marcus Sorensen watching the Championships. He was also at the Warriors game last night, but I think that was more in support of fellow Swede and Warrior, Jonas Jerebko.

 

In other not-really-news news,  Marleau put his Toronto house up for sale yesterday. It's just under $12Million, I'm assuming CAD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Of course Pavs and Jumbo are beloved in San Jose

 

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

Kick rocks, Jumbo. 

 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

He really needs to get Mattingly-ed. I’d like it if that Sharks won the Cup the season after he goes away.

 

This is funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it looks like it could be the end of an era. 

 

I don't know about this. He's only got two years left and I really think they could give him this upcoming season to see how he comes back with because I remember him being pretty decent in his short time back this past season.

 

This will be sad day if/when it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 3:29 AM, DaRadniz29 said:

Oh the NHL off-season rumor mill, how I've missed thee. Yeah I can't see him going back to Ottawa. Word from Elliotte Friedman 5-6 days ago was Karlsson's taking a long hard look at staying with the Sharks because Karlsson's goal is to win and we would know probably within a week if he wants to stay or move on, meaning that thank you note may not be good bye. So maybe we'll know by the end of the weekend?

 

Sharks having a number of Free Agents though and seem to be waiting to hear from Joe Thornton on if he wants to return or retire. I'm thinking now that the camps of Thornton, Karlsson, Pavelski are all trying to figure out how they work out deals to remain on the Sharks.  Unfortunately, if not EK65, then Nyquist seems like the odd-man out right now. Most people see Pavelski as the primary FA to sign, it really depends on how much he wants and term.  He's coming off his best season, but he's 34 and coming off an injury-plagued playoffs. Of course Pavs and Jumbo are beloved in San Jose, but it's really just anyone's guess as to what they're doing and if Doug Wilson has some kind of Master plan.  

 

Why do I think he might stick around? He seems to spending a good amount of time with Sharks and Bay Area players. Yes, it's hard to travel when you have groin surgery, but he did spend the weekend with teammate (for now) Marcus Sorensen watching the Championships. He was also at the Warriors game last night, but I think that was more in support of fellow Swede and Warrior, Jonas Jerebko.

 

In other not-really-news news,  Marleau put his Toronto house up for sale yesterday. It's just under $12Million, I'm assuming CAD. 

 

San Jose's where it's at. Contending team, beautiful weather. But hey, if his wife wants him back East...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, monkeypower said:

Well, it looks like it could be the end of an era. 

 

I don't know about this. He's only got two years left and I really think they could give him this upcoming season to see how he comes back with because I remember him being pretty decent in his short time back this past season.

 

This will be sad day if/when it happens.

 

It sucks, but I get it. I wanted him and Getzlaf to get to 1,000 games together, I wanted them to both get back to another Cup together (one that they led as opposed to 2007), but I get it.

 

I don't know who would take him on in a trade, and the Ducks would have to share that burden themselves by taking on money. The buy out option just doesn't seem like the best way to go either. It's a tough spot, but its also one we all foresaw when they signed the deals in the first place, him and Kesler included.

 

I agree with you, I'd like to see how he would take to this season, especially after how the last one went. He never got off the ground with the knee injury and then by the time he came back the team was in the tank, but I remember him being fine. (He had 10 points (6G, 4A) in 31 games after 49 points (17G) in 71 games in 17-18 and 53 points (19G) in 82 games in 16-17.) I'd be willing to hold onto him into the season to see how he plays under a new coach also, but that could go both ways. Either its a boon for the Ducks if he has a resurgence, or it shoots down his trade value and they're stuck.

 

Kesler will likely never play again. Perry might be done in a Ducks sweater. Getzlaf will continue on as Joe Thornton 2.0, I guess. A Big 3 with two Western Conference Finals and plenty of Game 7s at their feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.