Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: 2023-2024)

pelicanfan

On 4/3/2021 at 5:35 PM, neo_prankster said:

What template are you using for these courts?

well i started making court concepts 2 years ago and originally used this knicks court template and obviously edited it https://i.pinimg.com/originals/97/d5/d1/97d5d1b694764ef305a718827f23f9ab.png then edited the edits and over time the lines got thicker cause of the paint bucket tool i used. and i've kinda recreated my own template. i could send it to you if you want

IMG-7122.gif

12 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

well i started making court concepts 2 years ago and originally used this knicks court template and obviously edited it https://i.pinimg.com/originals/97/d5/d1/97d5d1b694764ef305a718827f23f9ab.png then edited the edits and over time the lines got thicker cause of the paint bucket tool i used. and i've kinda recreated my own template. i could send it to you if you want

Yes please send me the template.

• 2 weeks later...

F237-F811-069-E-4286-A6-A6-D8-D794-AEBD2

tried out another white court. this one based off the city edition jerseys the wizards used to wear not too long ago. with the marble pattern and obvious washington monument in the middle. also decided to put the geico sponsors since i couldn't find the exact wizards font. (plus their website name is way longer than their social media @)

DC logo alternate:

D66-DEC55-9-AC5-4900-AEB4-3-BD4-E426-AB3

Edited by pelicanfan
extra stars
  • Like 10

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 10:45 AM, DukeofChutney said:

These courts are outstanding. You've inspirted me to try to have a go at making my own.

Hope you don't mind me asking, where's best to get the floor texture?

thank you! and sorry for the late reply, i'm assuming you're asking where i got the floor texture? 

IMG-7122.gif

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

courts for the two grey earned edition jerseys. my first grey court designs. i tried to add some details and designing. i think it would have been a nice illusion to see these combined with the jerseys 

*Brooklyn Nets have left the chat*

• Like 1

AAFEAF9-F-1-C55-4-F6-D-BCCD-36178147-DAB

Since i just also made a clippers court here's another one. which is my own take on their current court. i added some much needed color in the paints asymmetrically resembling their jerseys. i also felt like if there's one city that's needs their skyline on a court it's LA. which i found was the perfect opportunity for the clippers since they have a very city themed court already

ps: this is the first skyline silhouette i've used that isn't just one dimensional. and it's the biggest i've ever made, kinda like the recent chicago all star court

• Like 2

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 months later...

since the world cup and olympics are around this time heres two courts i made:

B7-A67414-8-F30-440-A-973-A-07-CA9918081 a team usa themed fiba court. added the nike swooshes to make it feel a little more realistic and "fiba" like with all the advertisements they have. the "we are basketball" is apparently fiba's slogan if anyone's wondering. (also yes i am very aware of how extra this is. but screw it, it's america) happy early 4th of july :)

----

0-C3-CCB0-B-EEFA-4-A26-A21-D-5086-E2-D91

here's a court concept for the olympic games in tokyo this year. didn't wanna do too much since it's an olympic court but i added some subtle details. a little pattering, some cherry blossoms, and the two big symbols ("Tokyo" in japanese) also thought it'd be funny if i made the center logo just a big red circle. to make the whole court look like the japanese flag. dont ask why some of the lines in the paint are gone either, i don't know i just copied the 2016 olympics court

• Like 5

IMG-7122.gif

• pelicanfan changed the title to Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: USA/JAPAN)
  • 3 weeks later...

D837-AF37-3-C06-4-C11-9-A66-FACAF550842-

here's a throwback inspired pistons court. i'm gonna start doing some anniversary themed courts since it's the nba 75th anniversary. as you can see there's the diamond colored logo up top i'll be using that for the anniversary courts. 

• Like 4

IMG-7122.gif

Haven't commented on this for a while... Don't know why.

I like the Tokyo Olympics design a lot. The Japanese flag center court logo is fun, and the blossom design is really nice, but I think the woodstained characters are a bit awkward... I'd rather see them a bit darker, with one on each side of the key inside each three-point line.

I like Birmingham but it could a bit of spice. I feel like, rather than repeating the full logo again, using just the gear/basketball centered on the free-throw circle for the woodstain would look really cool. Maybe it could fit into a cool interlocking gears pattern, or you just add some element of that on the sidelines, IDK.

I really like the black Clippers court you did; the asymmetrical red/blue keys are excellent, and you chose a really nice woodstain design... Only suggestion would be to shrink the woodstain a tad so it doesn't cross the three-point lines.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the '90s Pistons style, but you balance the colors well. I'd either put the flames on each end line or as woodstain on the court rather than on a single sideline.

I love that white Mavericks City edition court's sidelines! I'd just ditch the silhouetted people because they feel out of place.

Also like that first Wizards white court with the roundel logo; the Washington Monument looks great down the center. I'd just go with red court outlines.

Good work here!

• 2 months later...

sorry for the inactivity, really appreciate the feedback @vtgco!

--

here is my attempt at making a court design for the rebranded Jazz. pretty much all i could really do based off their social media marketing posts. i did manage to rip the new "Take Note" logo off of a real life picture and apply it here though lol

FEDCA342-6417-4922-8-AF4-0-F80-C41969-B8

details: music note pattern throughout the outside. new retro font, new take note logo, all black jazz logo, bottom slogan stripe for added color

• Like 6

IMG-7122.gif