Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: 2023-2024)

pelicanfan

73696-D95-8-EA3-432-F-86-CD-BF1-A616-BF6
heres my rendition of the nba finals court. It's nothing crazy it's basically just what the nba just came up with but I added black instead of all that "empty" wood. Also the quite obvious iconic trophy in the middle.

i used black because it's a neutral color that could be used between red and blue and plus it fits with blm 

Was also suggested a version with the script finals word mark:

30-FA340-E-DE1-B-4-E7-C-9804-1-E84948-C8

• Like 8

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...

9-B85-F537-0303-42-CC-97-BF-62-E412-E4-B
Here's my own rendition of the Hornets court with those new unis they got. I figured since their uniforms are so focused on teal I made the court have more emphasis on the purple for contrasting. Also tweaked up the logos and color palettes a little bit if anyone can even notice lol 

side note: three different types of honeycomb patterns were used on this design

• Like 7

IMG-7122.gif

B8-D06490-3844-4-F04-A013-46-FFF2-EA2998 
here's a court concept based on the Raptors new jerseys and logo. The Raptors have a pretty equal balance between red and black when it comes to their branding so i decided to add some color blocking on the border. But I knew that would be a little too busy for some people so here's some solid colored versions: 

0-B09-F8-A0-6-F63-401-F-9-BF3-E9-D689-CF
2430231-A-C4-DB-4-CC9-854-A-FF07-E240-F2

• Like 6

IMG-7122.gif

BC886871-B683-4-AC9-9216-2-AB3505-B884-F
A mamba themed Lakers court for Kobe and Gigi. A little touch I did was I made the wood stain for the Kobe silhouette grey instead of brown which I thought just looked so much better as a mural type thing rather than just a wood stain design like I do for other courts

26-DCAE14-EC97-4-E06-9-B51-34-A36727537-
Also a court based on their upcoming blue jerseys next season. Pretty self explanatory nothing crazy just a classic styled court 

• Like 7

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That City court for the Suns is excellent! I might move the Valley script to the ends and just have the logo at center-court, though. 

Also, it's not necessary, but I'd be curious if the gradients would look good rotated 90 degrees so the sun is rising out of the ends.

The Hornets design isn't bad but I think I'd rather see just one hexagon style (maybe the one from the sidelines).

The wood stain for the Nuggets is too dark, and it makes the pickaxes feel busier than the original ones did. I'd lighten everything up and/or switch everything inside the 3-point line to the current, simpler design. Definitely a good idea to bring back the mountains, though!

I feel similarly about the Kobe tribute court, but I think maybe it would work better if you ditch or shrink or monochrome the Lakers logo? Or move the 8 & 24 to the ends and put the logo in their places?

Overall, good work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 12:15 AM, vtgco said:

That City court for the Suns is excellent! I might move the Valley script to the ends and just have the logo at center-court, though. 

Also, it's not necessary, but I'd be curious if the gradients would look good rotated 90 degrees so the sun is rising out of the ends.

The Hornets design isn't bad but I think I'd rather see just one hexagon style (maybe the one from the sidelines).

The wood stain for the Nuggets is too dark, and it makes the pickaxes feel busier than the original ones did. I'd lighten everything up and/or switch everything inside the 3-point line to the current, simpler design. Definitely a good idea to bring back the mountains, though!

I feel similarly about the Kobe tribute court, but I think maybe it would work better if you ditch or shrink or monochrome the Lakers logo? Or move the 8 & 24 to the ends and put the logo in their places?

Overall, good work!

Thank you, and thank you for your feedback! I gladly appreciate it

IMG-7122.gif

FF9-BD97-D-37-A4-4-CAC-8-AE6-3-E25-CEC50
A Pelicans court based on their upcoming city jerseys which they have opted for a more royal blue and New Orleans inspired font so I did the same for the court. (And yes I know this is a similar design I did before but I just couldn't resist) definitely tried going for a classy look here.

97-FB1365-BFE4-4-AA9-889-E-86-BA5-B6-AB8

And well, since I'm a biased Pelicans fan I had to throw in a 3D model which I don't usually do lol. (I am aware the goals are sitting on the text)

• Like 4

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your feedback!

---

10713-AED-83-F5-4-DC7-B0-A5-9-BB3-CF80-C
today I made a trailblazers city edition court. Went with a darker wood color just to compliment that brown better and really just have that "woods" naturey look to it. Added some tree lines or whatever they're called inside the arc too. And colorful stripes obviously coming from those stripes on the jerseys 

• Like 11

IMG-7122.gif

• 2 weeks later...

4-D04-ABFD-ADD6-49-F9-95-D1-0-D9-FD5-B5-
A Raptors in Tampa Bay court concept. It's basically the same court that they're using this upcoming season but I switched out the logo with an adjusted version of their training camp logo and obviously changed the arena name they're playing in. Also biggest move here was making the chevrons point down this time for obvious reasons. And I added "Tampa bay" on the left but kept the regular name on the right similar to how the warriors did when they moved to San Francisco 

• Like 7

IMG-7122.gif

D45742-AF-8481-4100-AD3-C-7-B9-C2-D30-B7
a Milwaukee bucks city edition court. I know the colors aren't as contrasting as they are on the unis that's mainly cause I really wanted all the colors to bind together on the court instead of being so jarring to the eye. More emphasis on Milwaukee of course on the sidelines since it is a city edition court

Edited by pelicanfan
Second image wasn't loading?
  • Like 5

IMG-7122.gif

• 3 weeks later...

8-C0-B8382-3-D36-401-F-8-AC5-0-E8-C8-D86

this court isn't really based on any specific jersey. but it did take inspiration from their astronaut themed jerseys they had last season. but i made a blue version inspired by blue astronaut suits. plus this shade of blue is a lot more recognizable by the rockets than their current city edition cyan blues

• Like 6

IMG-7122.gif