Lesnar: The Next Big Viking

slapshot

I'm sure it's his dream and the dream of all other pro wrastlers to get hit with chairs, other inanimate objects, travel 200+days a year and get beat up each night with no future after they're broekn down, but thats just my opinion :D

seriously though, if he's serious, and dedicates himself to training he very well could make it. apparently after training camp ended, he recieved a friendly hazing from the Vkings guys who hit him with a few moves. good because they've accepted him after those gaffs in exhibition ball (too rough with opposing QBs) The only thing about the wrestling buisness is that once you're in, it's hard not to stay in. everyone gravitates back in, no matter how nad when you get out, and Brock is just putting the verbal boots to the WWE. I've heard that he's refusing to sigh anything WWE related. not good if his football career doesn't go far

I was thinking about getting one of those unis to take to summerslam 2 weeks ago. figured I'd save my cash instead.

I enjoy wrestling but I just don't think all that many people would see it as there lifes ambition, some might see it as a stepping stone onto something else, but not many people would see it as the target itself.

And yes it is so sad seeing Hogan and Flair and any other over 50 year old (or whatever) trapsing around a ring showing us there ageing bodies!

Although Mick Foley is slightly different, he's written proper books and stuff. Maybe he feels the need to keep his name in lights, amybe he enjoys the sham acting of pro wrestling.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

are pro wrestlers generally people who take up in strength sports like football and then fall short? with parity you'd think at least a few wrestlers could make it.

Because of , as you said, the strength factor....wrestlers are pretty much action movie stars or football players. But most are EX-Footballers who become wrestlers..........the Rock, Bradshaw, Farooq, Goldberg and many many others.

I've ranted in other posts before about the ease of basketball as many gigantic guys from Africa and Asia are imported and thrown into the mix. But football, like baseball and hockey are just too fine tuned to pick up late in life (post teens) and excel at.

Lesnars got the body......but the subtleties of leverage, technique, and experience are VERY difficult to learn on the fly.

He'll need a lot of polish and a year or two of practice squadage. It's much much harder than it looks I'm thinking......to play pro football at any position if you haven't been taught it for 6-12 years growing up.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

If he sticks it out, we may get a shot at watching him play in NFL Europe. Perfect for increasing the American audience.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

He was cut, but the Vikings may still add him to their practice squad if he clears waivers. Coach Mike Tice told him to expect playing in NFL Europe next season and he said he hopes he's allocated to that league as a member of the Vikings.

Archived