Video Sports League (Montreal added)

BigRed618

Welcome to what just might be the first concept series involving esports. My fantasy league will be made up mainly of American and Canadian teams, many of which are crossovers from the Overwatch League and the defunct Championship Gaming Series. Instead of focusing on a single game, a VSL match would consist of a few events from various genres, such as shooting, fighting, etc. Teams are given points based on their performance and a match's outcome is decided by an aggregate score of all events.

Here's the league logo and a template I will use for the jerseys...

spacer.png

Wasn’t sure which color scheme looks best, but I’m sort of leaning toward the rainbow look. The uniform will follow the same policy as that of the OWL. A jersey in team colors and plain dark pants.

Here's the list of teams. Those that are finished are marked with an asterisk...

EASTERN CONFERENCE

North Division

*-New York Excelsior

*-NY3D

*-Boston Uprising

*-Philadelphia Fusion

*-Montreal Saints

South Division

-Washington Justice

-Hampton Roads Rampage

-Miami Mayhem

-Orlando Outrunners

-Atlanta Reign

Central Division

-Cincinnati Centipedes

-Toronto Defiant

-New Orleans Froggers

-Chicago Chimera

-Detroit Drift

WESTERN CONFERENCE

North Division

-Vancouver Titans

-Seattle Kraken

-Alberta Clippers

-Denver Defenders

-San Francisco Shock

South Division

-Los Angeles Valiant

-Los Angeles compLexity

-SoloMid San Diego

-Las Vegas Nighthawks

-Arizona Starfighters

Central Division

-Dallas Fuel

-Houston Clutch

-Oklahoma Tempest

-St. Louis Power

-Minnesota Freeze

That's about it. I should have the first team for you later today. I’ll start in the east and work my way west. Let me hear your thoughts!

NEW YORK EXCELSIOR

spacer.png

One of the teams from the Overwatch League, Excelsior gets a makeover upon moving to the VSL. I change their colors to royal blue and orange, and create a new X logo that gels better with the team‘s wordmark.

NY3D

spacer.png

NY3D has an interesting story. It started in 2002 as an independent esports organization known as Team3D. In 2004 it became one of the world's first professional esports franchises, fielding teams in such games as Counter Strike, Halo 2, Dead or Alive 4, Warcraft 3, and Call of Duty. It joined the Championship Gaming Series in its inaugural year in 2007. When the league folded in 2008, NY3D ceased operations as well. Apparently the "3D" stands for desire, discipline, and dedication.

Let me know what you think. Boston is next.

BOSTON UPRISING

spacer.png

A team that currently exists in the OWL. Uprising was named to honor the US's resilient forefathers, and their colors are taken from Boston's flag. Most of the work here was done on the jersey design, to help move Boston away from the cookie cutter template of the OWL. C&C appreciated. Philly is next.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:21 PM, BigRed618 said:

NEW YORK EXCELSIOR

spacer.png

One of the teams from the Overwatch League, Excelsior gets a makeover upon moving to the VSL. I change their colors to royal blue and orange, and create a new X logo that gels better with the team‘s wordmark.

NY3D

spacer.png

NY3D has an interesting story. It started in 2002 as an independent esports organization known as Team3D. In 2004 it became one of the world's first professional esports franchises, fielding teams in such games as Counter Strike, Halo 2, Dead or Alive 4, Warcraft 3, and Call of Duty. It joined the Championship Gaming Series in its inaugural year in 2007. When the league folded in 2008, NY3D ceased operations as well. Apparently the "3D" stands for desire, discipline, and dedication.

Let me know what you think. Boston is next.

One big issue. The excelsior is owned by the yankees

PHILADELPHIA FUSION

spacer.png

It was news involving this team that inspired me to do this series. It came to my attention that the Fusion would soon have its own venue, due to open in 2020, a testament to how big a deal esports has already become. Again, I left their logos alone while focusing on a new shirt design. Fusion is owned by Comcast, who also owns Philly's NHL team, the Flyers. My new shirts make the family resemblance more obvious. 

Montreal is next.

Archived