NFL draft picks in new jerseys 2019

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

IIRC (and I might not... it was a while ago) the problem was with a preseason player, and the MIKE was removed either before the season or shortly after.  He might not have actually even worn that in a regular-season game.

Now I’m down a rabbit hole...how did Ditka wear 98 in his first Eagle season? I know numbers were more lenient, but 90s have always been assigned to defense.

10 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Now I’m down a rabbit hole...how did Ditka wear 98 in his first Eagle season? I know numbers were more lenient, but 90s have always been assigned to defense.

The NFL numbering requirements didn't start until 1973(?ish), so he wouldn't have been affected by them.

It's where I sit.

57 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

IIRC any position can wear 90s but traditionally it's for defense. At least it's that way for high school

Not in the NFL. Only D-linemen and LBs can wear 90s.

It's where I sit.

Dwayne Haskins and Montez Sweat.

Regarding numbers, Haskins wore #7 at Ohio State, and although that number isn't officially retired by the Redskins, it hasn't been worn since Joe Theismann.  The word is that Theismann and Haskins are "discussing" him wearing it.  Who knows.  The Redskins also "discussed" Landon Collins wearing #21, which hasn't been done since Sean Taylor.  Collins ended up with #20.  So we'll see.  

Image result for redskins draft picks jerseys 

90758391980.gif

On 4/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

It's an annual tradition!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Badass.  I love it when IOL wear numbers in the 50's.  #56 is possibly the best all-time mean & sleak jersey number (thanks LT).  Watching Quentin Nelson maul people wearing it last year made me giddy.  Great choice, Garrett.

069270c9-543f-45d8-b741-025d1233c2db-INI

49ers' website has Nick Bosa wearing #97, which his brother down the road also switched back to this offseason.  This was Nick's college number at Ohio State as well.

Per Twitter, Steelers RB Benny Snell Jr. wants to take #26, his college number, and last worn by Le'Veon Bell.  

Per Packers' Twitter, S Darnell Savage Jr. will wear #26 also.  He wore #4 at Maryland.

Per Chargers' Twitter, DT Jerry Tillery will wear #99 and S Nasir Adderley will wear #32.

Per Jaguars' Twitter, EDGE Josh Allen will retain his college number, #41.  OT Jawaan Taylor will wear #75.

Okay, gotta actually do some work today - someone feel free to keep this list going.

Bills fan here....

I am thrilled we ended up with Ed Oliver with the 9th pick in this years draft, but was just slightly hoping that Kentucky DE Josh Allen would be the Bills Pick. Just to see how they would differentiate the Nameplate for Josh Allen as opposed to Josh Allen!

QB - OJ Allen (for Offensive Josh)

DE - DJ Allen (for Defensive Josh)

but alas, it was not to be.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:42 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Here's a few other modern-era examples.  I'm pretty sure it was mostly a preseason issue.   

There was the early '00's apparently hard-to-find-photographed debacle of Ray, Jamal, & Jermaine Lewis:

R. LEWIS

J. LEWIS, later JA. LEWIS, later JAMAL LEWIS

J. LEWIS, later JE. LEWIS, later JERMAINE LEWIS

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

There was the early '00's apparently hard-to-find-photographed debacle of Ray, Jamal, & Jermaine Lewis:

R. LEWIS

J. LEWIS, later JA. LEWIS, later JAMAL LEWIS

J. LEWIS, later JE. LEWIS, later JERMAINE LEWIS

Just to add to that, the Ravens also had a fourth Lewis in employ at the time: then-defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis. I always saw that as funny back then.

Probably not as hard to find from around that same timeframe were the Cleveland Browns' Davis duo of André Davis and Andra Davis.

93d134392a94eec5646a1470cc0894ec.jpg

-4704880178758635867.jpg

There have been other examples as well...probably the one that sticks out most in my mind (besides the above) is the Denver Broncos' pairing of D.J. Williams and Darrent Williams (r.i.p.).

m_5c4a0dbdbb76157f475ddf4f.jpg

s-l300.jpg

(Look closely.)

20061211_081226_Dwilliams121206-1.jpg?w=

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, MC Buffalo said:

Bills fan here....

I am thrilled we ended up with Ed Oliver with the 9th pick in this years draft, but was just slightly hoping that Kentucky DE Josh Allen would be the Bills Pick. Just to see how they would differentiate the Nameplate for Josh Allen as opposed to Josh Allen!

I was kind of hoping the Jets would take the Kentucky product, just so the two Josh Allens could face off twice a year, and maybe there would be multiple instances most seasons of Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen. As it turns out, the defender went to the Jaguars, who don't play the Bills this year, but there is some history between those teams. Hopefully they face off in the playoffs during their careers. A playoff game ending with Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen would be almost as bizarre as a playoff game changing momentum due to a touchdown pass from Marcus Mariota to Marcus Mariota.

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I was kind of hoping the Jets would take the Kentucky product, just so the two Josh Allens could face off twice a year, and maybe there would be multiple instances most seasons of Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen. As it turns out, the defender went to the Jaguars, who don't play the Bills this year, but there is some history between those teams. Hopefully they face off in the playoffs during their careers. A playoff game ending with Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen would be almost as bizarre as a playoff game changing momentum due to a touchdown pass from Marcus Mariota to Marcus Mariota.

Josh Scobee kicks off 64 yards, returned by Josh Scobey for 31 yards

12 hours ago, MC Buffalo said:

Bills fan here....

I wanted the Broncos to pick up Connor McGovern (Penn State) to be on the same offensive line as their other Connor McGovern (Mizzou).

Archived