Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolvikings

NFL draft picks in new jerseys 2019

Damn those football players and their 

*shuffles cards*

legally given names at birth

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It’s not. All this “jr”, “II”, “III”, “SR”, etc is garbage. It’s look at me “I’m special” garbage. You’re not Sr. unless Jr is in the league with you. Nobody cares that you’re named for your uncle or whatever and want to have “II” after your name. If you don’t sign checks with it then it shouldn’t be on your jersey (unless we’re going full XFL, which I’m totally fine with). 

Maybe numbers shouldn’t be out of circulation, but if they are, leave it that way. I’ll pray to every god that he dislocates an ankle during his first season, preferably in a game I’m watching.  

I can't tell if you're a disgusting troll or just a bad person 

50 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Damn those football players and their 

*shuffles cards*

legally given names at birth

Is Jr, Sr, etc. part of legal names? NOBs are just to differentiate players in teams, like numbers. Not sure why there’s a need to add extra things on to your name.  

18 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is Jr, Sr, etc. part of legal names? NOBs are just to differentiate players in teams, like numbers. Not sure why there’s a need to add extra things on to your name.  

JR, SR and numerals are part of legal names

Show me an example of a SR being part of a legal name. By definition it’s not possible... at least at birth. 

8 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I can't tell if you're a disgusting troll or just a bad person 

spacer.png

couldn't resist

On 5/10/2019 at 5:54 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

And he’s going with “Jr.” 

I really hope he has a career ender on day 1. 

Frig off.

And my license says III.

9 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

My dad

Well I guess that’s evidence that I can’t argue against. Your dad’s birth certificate or passport or social security card or whatever else constitutes a legal name has “Sr” on it?

21 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well I guess that’s evidence that I can’t argue against. Your dad’s birth certificate or passport or social security card or whatever else constitutes a legal name has “Sr” on it?

I know he's put Sr on everything since my older brother was born. Including all his legal documents

3 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I know he's put Sr on everything since my older brother was born. Including all his legal documents

That doesn't make it his legal name, though I'm sure the mortgage company is glad that they know for sure that your dad signed for the loan and not your brother.  Not sure how else they could tell.

I'm not saying that there's never a valid reason to use a distinguishing suffix, but it's rarely necessary, and in all but the most extreme of rarities, completely unnecessary on sports jerseys.

43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That doesn't make it his legal name, though I'm sure the mortgage company is glad that they know for sure that your dad signed for the loan and not your brother.  Not sure how else they could tell.

I'm not saying that there's never a valid reason to use a distinguishing suffix, but it's rarely necessary, and in all but the most extreme of rarities, completely unnecessary on sports jerseys.

If they ask for it on a legal document it has the same affect as a maiden name, thus it is a part of his legal name. 

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

With that logic, why have names on jerseys at all? Numbers are distinguishable enough...

Technically, that's correct. Names are on jerseys to identify specific players. That's why they're becoming more personalized

22 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It’s not. All this “jr”, “II”, “III”, “SR”, etc is garbage. It’s look at me “I’m special” garbage. You’re not Sr. unless Jr is in the league with you. Nobody cares that you’re named for your uncle or whatever and want to have “II” after your name. If you don’t sign checks with it then it shouldn’t be on your jersey (unless we’re going full XFL, which I’m totally fine with). 

Maybe numbers shouldn’t be out of circulation, but if they are, leave it that way. I’ll pray to every god that he dislocates an ankle during his first season, preferably in a game I’m watching.  

Exactly. Here's literally one of the only examples I know of.

And his nickname was just, "Junior."

front.jpg

Yep.  Great example of when it would have been appropriate.

Hell - how long until players start putting "I" after their names?

I'm in total favor of pro sports relaxing and having more fun, and allowing nicknames* and becoming more theatrical in general, but until that's how it is, stop acting like "CAROL II" is necessary.

*nicknames except for the first initial of the first name and beginning of last name (ex. A-Rod, J-Rol, etc.)  Be more creative.  Be better.

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yep.  Great example of when it would have been appropriate.

Hell - how long until players start putting "I" after their names?

I'm in total favor of pro sports relaxing and having more fun, and allowing nicknames* and becoming more theatrical in general, but until that's how it is, stop acting like "CAROL II" is necessary.

*nicknames except for the first initial of the first name and beginning of last name (ex. A-Rod, J-Rol, etc.)  Be more creative.  Be better.

B-Vet has a point. 

Older nicknames seemed to be better. Air Jordan, The Mailman, The Big Hurt, The Juice, Refrigerator Perry, The Big Unit, The Great One. 

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

B-Vet has a point. 

Older nicknames seemed to be better. Air Jordan, The Mailman, The Big Hurt, The Juice, Refrigerator Perry, The Big Unit, The Great One. 

Sure BBTV has a point.  It would just be much easier to agree with that point if he wasn't simultaneously wishing career ending agony on a complete stranger.

BBTVNOB: Only the letters that are completely necessary go on the jersey. If your last name is Smith and there’s no other S names, you just get an S on your NOB. If there’s a Wilson and a Watson, one gets Wi and the other gets Wa. Time to remove needless clutter.

3 hours ago, pianoknight said:

B-Vet has a point. 

tumblr_oefj2rzAbR1shsq9jo1_500.gif