Alliance of American Football -REBOOT PROJECT- (orlando)

Windell918

spacer.png

Hi friends! I was really disappointed when the AAF folded. I felt they had some great logos and visuals and I really like the idea of spring football. I really think it would have worked great and eventually improved the NFL by developing talent. This got me thinking what if the NFL were to fund the whole project. Make it a development league for the NFL. It really got my mind turning with some idea of how this could work. I'll lay out my thoughts then get too the concepts:

In this league there will be 16 teams. This is double what there was before but with the potential of crossover with NFL players support, this amount could be realistic from a personnel stand. The 8 original teams will all be returning and there will be 8 new teams. The new teams will be derived from other previously defunct leagues (USFL, FXFL, UFL, WFL) these identities may be tweaked or relocated. In my mind I see Roger Goodell buying the rights to anyone who ever challenged the NFL in a power move ala Vince Mcmahon buying WCW and ECW. 

Each of the teams will have two parent clubs from the NFL, one from the AFC and one from the NFC. The teams will consist of 60 players broken down in the following manner: each NFL team supplies 25 players  -- 10 offensive, 10 defensive, and 5 flex players that may include special teamers or anyone else. The remaining 10 players will be signed as free agents by the AAF club independentl . The free agents may only sign 1 year contracts. The pro players must meet the following criteria: they are either still within their rookie contract OR have played in less than 20% of snaps in the previous season. 

This league would play a 10 game season, with a two week 4 team playoff. The season would begin in May after the NFL draft and conclude in August. This means the season will be completely independent from the NFL season avoiding any conflicts.

The league is divided into two conference and here are the identities known thus far: 

spacer.png

As you can see the original AAF teams are slotted, and there are two teams that will be revealed in this first post. I wanted to make sure to do one recent team and one that is being brought back. 

The first team is one of my favorites from the AAF, the San Diego Fleet. Honestly I really didn't change a whole lot. As you can see on both the jersey and helmet each player will have a patch/decal to represent which parent club they represent. Free agent players will not have these. The Fleet will continue to play at the SDCCU Stadium.

spacer.png

The next club moved north on the Mississippi. When I started this project I really wanted to recreated the Memphis Showboats from the USFL and honestly almost didn't just be because Memphis already had a team. I gave thought to moving the Express but decided it would be best to leave the original teams where they were. St. Louis was somewhere that I thought deserve a club after the Rams left and with a showboat history there it seemed like a good fit. They will play their home game at The Dome at Americas Center.

spacer.png

I really hope this is a fun series for you all to look through, I have all of the teams done and organized, I just need to do their uniforms. I will alternate between "current" teams and rebooted teams. 

I wanna throw credit where it belongs here. First the Uniforms and helmets- the Nike hypercool Football template I'm using came from the board here, it was posted by user MattWilcox and he gives credit to a couple other guys as well. I may tweak a line here and there and add to it but those guys made it. Theres a link to that thread embeded to this post. 

Of course I dont own most of these logos. None of the NFL ones, none of the original AAF ones either. The reboots teams will be a combination of the original concepts and new elements. Some will be recolored, tweaked, fully redesigned. I will try to give credit on a post by post basis but if you have questions feel free to ask.

ENJOY (up next: Zeus+Leto=           )

Solid work on San Diego, though maybe try to use some more light gray on the jerseys.

For STL, the name and sleeve striping are cool. However the numbers are too vertically stretched and I'm not sure the Arch works on the back of the helmet. Also, maybe city flag colors could work!

Here is an update on the showboats. I agree the numbers didn't work, I was on the fence but didnt want to have both first teams have block numbers. Poor judgement. I can see the complaint about monochrome red. Its very "color rush" I kinda like it still and more so I fear they would end up looking too similar to San Antonio eventually. A team with a name like "showboats" should have a a flashy feel IMO. Thanks for the feed back!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, heavybassX said:

So.... are we going to see the Boston Breakers or the San Antonio Riders?

San Antonio already has the Commanders. It would great to See the Omaha Mammoths and the Las Vegas Locomotives

The Orlando Apollos are up! The default champs(per Spurrier) have a few changes to their set. The blue jersey now has the white shoulders to match the all white's look. I have changed up the front of the shoulders to mimic the dynamic curves in the logo and added a few stars on each side the add to the space theme.

spacer.png

Up next: 

spacer.png

I actually really like the St. Louis Showboats logo and identity, and I think you did a good job. St. Louis fans won't mind the abundance of red. The only thing I'd question is using the Bengals as their AFC affiliate. The Chiefs and Colts are significantly closer and I think one of those would make more sense (although it's not like St. Louis fans would want to be a "minor league" team to KC). I do think that Green Bay makes sense for the NFC. Chicago may be closer, but the two cities tend to be more of rivals than partners, and I know a surprising number of Green Bay fans in Missouri.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

when i saw the showboats one my immediate thought was "those look like what ohio state would wear"
obviously I don't watch enough college football, because I looked them up to compare and that's not what they look like lol. I still think you should try and change something about it, maybe the number font??? i dont know

Archived