NBA logo flaw

There's one thing I noticed about the classic NBA logo that kind of makes it outdated, by 2019 standards.

Players today wear knee-length shorts...

GettyImages-1139552961-1024x683.jpg

The League's primary logo still uses the Jerry West silhouette, in which the uniform shorts are noticeably shorter...

jerry-west-2176631.jpg   nba-new-logo-2017-18-season-2017.jpg

The NBA primary logo doesn't match the current style of uniform at all.

Why point it out? The NHL & NFL applied facelifts to their classic logos over time, without ruining their essence.

It's time for the NBA to follow suit.

But didn't players wear really baggy uniforms in the 1990's? The style of the uniforms are going to likely change constantly, so that would mean you'd have to constantly change the logo... which would be super tedious to always do.

19 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I guess the opinion I have about the logo is a unpopular opinion.

If we changed logos due to the items no longer being the standard we'd have to change them every year.

12 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

The flaw is that logo is jerry west

He's a crap GM but he was a great player, otherwise the league wouldn't have picked him. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If we changed logos due to the items no longer being the standard we'd have to change them every year.

He's a crap GM but he was a great player, otherwise the league wouldn't have picked him. 

Yea he was a great, there was many great players, he's a good gm, but he should be never be logo.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:07 PM, habsfan1 said:

Why point it out? The NHL & NFL applied facelifts to their classic logos over time, without ruining their essence.

I disagree about the NHL.

Also the only logo that actually is similar to the NBA's is MLB's and they haven't updated it.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, MJWalker45 said:

If by crap GM you mean one of the best...

Won 8 titles as an executive, 2x Executive of the year, GM for the Showtime Lakers in the 80s, brought Kobe, Shaq and Phil Jackson to LA, turned the Grizzlies around, retired before joining the Warriors as a consultant and is credited with preventing them from trading Klay Thompson and Draymond Green in a deal for Kevin Love, and as part of the Clippers has turned their outlook of life post Lob City around and turned them into a premier free agent destination for this upcoming off season.  West is considered one of the best front office minds in the history of basketball, and was a hell of a player to go along with that.

10 hours ago, lbj273 said:

If by crap GM you mean one of the best...

Won 8 titles as an executive, 2x Executive of the year, GM for the Showtime Lakers in the 80s, brought Kobe, Shaq and Phil Jackson to LA, turned the Grizzlies around, retired before joining the Warriors as a consultant and is credited with preventing them from trading Klay Thompson and Draymond Green in a deal for Kevin Love, and as part of the Clippers has turned their outlook of life post Lob City around and turned them into a premier free agent destination for this upcoming off season.  West is considered one of the best front office minds in the history of basketball, and was a hell of a player to go along with that.

I still attach him to the horrible Clippers teams so that kind of colored my opinion. But yes he did play a part in the Warriors team that exists now, I had just forgotten about him.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/28/2019 at 6:57 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Well, you know what they say about opinions......

On 4/27/2019 at 8:07 PM, habsfan1 said:

The NBA primary logo doesn't match the current style of uniform at all.

It's time for the NBA to follow suit.

Because the NFL and NHL logos don't feature human silhouettes. It's easier. Plus if that's the case, why aren't you arguing for the MLB logo to be changed either? Sleeves are longer. Helmets aren't the same shape. The silhouette is an homage to the league's history. 

Go A's!

Archived