Seattle Mariners Refresh

vtgco

Hey everyone, I'm excited to share this refresh for my hometown Seattle Mariners!

Ā 

display_page.png

I think the Mariners have an outstanding identity (compass rose, beautiful colors) but currently have lots of execution issues (endless outlines, disjointed elements, and strange line weights).Ā 

I tried to combine the currentĀ and retro wordmarks, and keep it all a bit simpler.

Ā 

Ā 

jersey_home.pngĀ jersey_road.png

jersey_green.pngĀ jersey_blue.pngĀ jersey_fauxback.png

The main uniforms have wave striping on the sleeves, and drop shadows on the text. The arched lowercase "Seattle" on powder blue is inspired by early Mariners road jerseys. The Sunday alt is based on the inaugural uniform. The jersey template is by rsaline.

Ā 

Here's a quick edit of the Mariners website:

website_display.png

Ā 

Please, let me know what you think! Thanks for looking!

Hey, nice work! This is a really solid update of the Marinersā€™ identity. The ocean wave striping on the sleevesĀ is inspired!

Ā 

My one concern is theĀ green you chose comes dangerously close to the retro shade the Aā€™s have been using (and that they may go back to full time sooner rather than later) that it might be odd to have them both playing in the same division. But on its own terms, it works really well!

I like it! Only thing i'm not a big fan of is the helmet and cap logo being different, and also the helmet should maybe have a green bill as well. The fauxback should probably have its own helmet, since the regular helmet is mismatched in color and style.

Ā 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:09 AM, coco1997 said:

(aļ»ændļ»æ that they may go back to full time sooner ratheļ»ær than later)ļ»æļ»æĀ 

Do you know something or is this just a guess? Love the kelly green much more then the forest green.

2 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

I like it! Only thing i'm not a big fan of is the helmet and cap logo being different, and also the helmet should maybe have a green bill as well. And the fauxback should probably have its own helmet, since the regular helmet is mismatched in color and style.

Glad you like it! I wanted to include the partial logo somewhere, so I put it on the helmet, but the S logo works just as well!Ā As forĀ the fauxback helmet, I guess that, with all the talk about the NFL one-helmet rule, I forgot that MLB teams could have multiple! šŸ˜‹

cvu6znc.pngR9Lpmfx.png

Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Hey, nice work! This is a really solid update of the Marinersā€™ identity. The ocean wave striping on the sleevesĀ is inspired!

Ā 

My one concern is theĀ green you chose comes dangerously close to the retro shade the Aā€™s have been using (and that they may go back to full time sooner rather than later) that it might be odd to have them both playing in the same division. But on its own terms, it works really well!ļ»æ

Thanks for the kind words! I'm partial toĀ the A's in forest green (it contrasts well with theirĀ yellow) but mostly IĀ wanted a vibrant emeraldĀ green for the Mariners. Too often, the team's current shade comes out as a light blue color rather than green.

Ā 

I donā€™t know if itā€™s intentional but this set has some sort of retro-y vibe. With the drop shadow effect and the silvery-blue away. Whatever it is I really like it, especially the green. I always thought the mariners should adopt a green and blue color scheme

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here:Ā https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

22 hours ago, Meshmaster101 said:

the set by itself is godlike, but i don't know how it'd fit with the rest of the MLB tho lol.

good work, this looks great

Thank you, I'm happy to hear you like it! Yeah, it's a little bit untraditional, but I think maybe it fits with the aesthetics of teams like theĀ Marlins or Phillies.

Here it is with the rest of the teams; maybe that'll help:

in_mlb_logos.png

Ā 

On 4/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, BellaSpurs said:

I donā€™t know if itā€™s intentional but this set has some sort of retro-y vibe. With the drop shadow effect and the silvery-blue away. Whatever it is I really like it, especially the green. I always thought the mariners should adopt a green and blue color scheme

I'm glad the retro inspiration came through here! It's kinda supposed to be a mix of the current wordmark with the inaugural 1977 wordmark.

The partial logo looks great. I like how simple it is and how it can easily be recognized as the Mariners identity on its own, its an improvement on the current one too. Overall, the designs looks clean and modern with twist of the past with the word mark style. I want to see how the yellow will look on the home, away and alt but I'm thinking itsĀ unnecessary.Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, StrongXStyle said:

I want to see how the yellow will look on the home, away and alt but I'm thinking itsĀ unnecessary.Ā 

While I agree that it would be redundant in the main set above, yellow on the primary setĀ looks pretty good on its own. Maybe for Spring Training?

05-02_yellow_home.png05-02_yellow_away.png

Ā 

9 hours ago, StrongXStyle said:

The partial logo looks great.ļ»æ I like how simple it is and how it can easily be recognized as the Mariners identity on its own, its an improvement on the current one too.

Yeah, I wish the Mariners would use the compass rose alone more often IRL. Here's an alt cap with my version!

rNGZIyd.png

On 5/4/2019 at 8:05 AM, Hobogrish said:

I would love to see the Mariners use something like this logo fromĀ http://supernaturalsandwiches.com/

Ā 

rid the trident and find a different solution or flip the trident šŸ”± so it is the ā€œluckyā€ way. The down trident needs to go...

Ā I would like to see them use the trident logo for home wins like the Cubs do with W flag. Seem more fitting and I think it maintains the logo history of the trident without needing to change it.Ā 

2901.png

On 5/2/2019 at 2:00 AM, Meshmaster101 said:

theļ»æ set by itself is godlike, but i don't know how it'd fit with the rest of the MLB tho lol.

good work, this looks great

Well heā€™d just have to do the rest of the mlb then! Iā€™m for it.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im anĀ isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived