A Rookie's NFL Concepts

Jeffery

Here's a thread for some of my NFL concepts. First off, the LA Rams. I gave them a yellow home jersey because they might be the only team that could pull it off. The sleeve striping is a very Southwestern design based on the flag of Los Angeles, to really lean into their new SoCal identity. Included are alternate blue pants for both home and away, and throwbacks based on both the Fearsome Foursome and Eric Dickerson eras. 

Q7Yqbak.jpgtR8vvbw.jpgXrFD38o.jpgEnAvdYw.jpgdPBHGP9.png

Interesting idea with the flag on the sleeves! I'm not feeling the main number font, even though it looks like their original wordmark.

The throwbacks are solid.

21 hours ago, vtgco said:

Interesting idea with the flag on the sleeves! I'm not feeling the main number font, even though it looks like their original wordmark.

The throwbacks are solid.

Appreciate the feedback! I agree the number font may be a little out there for the Rams, I may have to revise it at some point.

32 minutes ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Concept looks great! What template are you using?

Thanks! I use nike.coms custom football uniforms and then edit the details onto there. Hoping to give it a little bit of a photorealistic feel.

It's a really cool concept and I think the number choice is great, as it coincides with the wordmark and looks pretty damn cool. However, I think the flag motif would better fit the Chargers, as the center pattern kinda looks more like a lightning bolt. If you are sold on the flag for the Rams, I'd think maybe use that pattern for the pants stripe. I'm excited for the rest of the series, and keep up the great work!

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

It's a really cool concept and I think the number choice is great, as it coincides with the wordmark and looks pretty damn cool. However, I think the flag motif would better fit the Chargers, as the center pattern kinda looks more like a lightning bolt. If you are sold on the flag for the Rams, I'd think maybe use that pattern for the pants stripe. I'm excited for the rest of the series, and keep up the great work!

That's a good point.  He could also use the jagged pattern on the horns, like the Rams did in the past. 

On 4/29/2019 at 4:01 PM, Htown1141 said:

That's a really good observation thanks. I think we may have stumbled upon a Chargers concept rather than the Rams. Heres's a quick sketch of what a lightning bolt-flag hybrid might look like on the bolt's sleeve caps. Thoughts? seQ5orh.png

Good call from Htown there.

For the Chargers sleeve, maybe add more zags, and keep the angles closer to 90 degrees to look more like the flag. Otherwise, it's a solid idea!

After playing around with concepts and colors a bit, I gave the Chargers an alternate logo that combines the bolt and the LA flag. The uniforms, which I'm still polishing up, will follow color this pattern of color blocking. oJzQq3H.png

You may have noticed that this is the same shape as my alternate Rams logo. The idea is that the yellow bordered shield would be a sort of unifying, constant stadium emblem for both teams. C+C Welcome.i1x7CFa.pngNj0emZs.pngfUTfRVk.png

Here's my take on the Chargers. The flag is a bit subtle, but the color blocking separated by a zig-zag is still present. Navy is removed, but double outlines are retained as a necessary evil to achieve that sweet, sweet contrast. The throwbacks are based on the pants of 1964 and the jersey of 1968. Let me know what you think!

mxXGLKp.jpgIpaL6Zw.pngIwVoNjb.png7dNX1vY.jpg

For a rookie, this is quite impressive! Try the jets and giants next!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

i like what you're doing, especially for a rookie, good work fr fr. However, chargers alt is too similar to the rams throwback all whites, especially being in the same stadium, i don't like how similar they look on those two jerseys. Also, lets see the LAC away w some light blue pants. could be fire.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm pretty happy with how the chargers turned out, but just for fun here's the home concept in their current colorway:Cn9TS0G.jpg

Not sure that I have any ideas for the NY teams, but i am almost finished with a cardinals concept, and then I should probably revise the Rams.

Here's my hometown team, Arizona. Using the almost-orange copper from the AZ flag, I made some unique "sunset striping", meant to subtly evoke a gradient sunset. The BFBS is extremely popular locally, so I kept it and went full gradient, and the throwbacks are from 1998.r5VnHFO.jpgWzvd4ym.pngT3Y9Gy8.pngDtWgrJu.png

Could you try an entire gradient on the jersey? Sort of like the jazz’s city edition? Or the astros tequila sunrise?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 5/13/2019 at 5:43 PM, Blindsay said:

Could you try an entire gradient on the jersey? Sort of like the jazz’s city edition? Or the astros tequila sunrise?

That might be a little much for the Cards in my opinion. I do plan to do that for another team in the NFC, but its still a little ways off. 

Archived