Arena Football News & Updates

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything about American Arena League today? I saw a post about their season maybe being cancelled?

A little Googling shows me that they aren't doing a post season, but declaring division champs only.

It's where I sit.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:51 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Anyone hear anything about American Arena League today? I saw a post about their season maybe being cancelled?

A little Googling shows me that they aren't doing a post season, but declaring division champs only.

It's pretty annoying when I can't find that info on their league page. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/24/2021 at 7:21 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

I found it on their twitter feed, but agreed!

Same here... you would think the website would be better maintained and would have this up, but no.. It has nothing about it. That's weak.

26 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Same here... you would think the website would be better maintained and would have this up, but no.. It has nothing about it. That's weak.

I'm not actually sure that I would expect this to be on their website. Lower tier sports don't want to publicize their failings. The website is what is accessed by the masses, but the Twitter feed is accessed by those looking for more detail (IMO). Thus, let those who are diging deeper find it, and the casual fan won't know.

It's where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...

San Antonio Valor Tryouts - YouTube

Former Arena League team, Washington Valor, are now the San Antonio Valor. I caught a short video on a local station here regarding the team holding their tryouts over the weekend. It looks like they'll be playing a bunch of other arena league teams in Texas.  They were supposed to be in the IFL this season, so apparently whomever moved them here didn't have their paperwork done correctly. 

To say the web site is bare bones, is an insult to bare bones. Maybe blanched or bleached bones makes more sense. 

Home - San Antonio Valor (savalor.org)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Venue issues, from the sound of things? Anyone know anything about the Louisville Xtreme of the IFL?

https://goifl.com/news/2021/6/8/general-louisville-postpones-june-12-game.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3O9E2khjEgCPFwnfPLjAFqBS08PR9apJ9p50RJWLwapHfNtseP4pjVd7M

Apparently (and not a surprise given their road game the following week is on), they are behind in paying some bills.

Edited by Sec19Row53
More info

It's where I sit.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Venue issues, from the sound of things? Anyone know anything about the Louisville Xtreme of the IFL?

https://goifl.com/news/2021/6/8/general-louisville-postpones-june-12-game.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3O9E2khjEgCPFwnfPLjAFqBS08PR9apJ9p50RJWLwapHfNtseP4pjVd7M

Apparently (and not a surprise given their road game the following week is on), they are behind in paying some bills.

They've been playing all year with one uniform set too. Not surprised. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/7/2021 at 10:05 AM, MJWalker45 said:

San Antonio Valor Tryouts - YouTube

Former Arena League team, Washington Valor, are now the San Antonio Valor. I caught a short video on a local station here regarding the team holding their tryouts over the weekend. It looks like they'll be playing a bunch of other arena league teams in Texas.  They were supposed to be in the IFL this season, so apparently whomever moved them here didn't have their paperwork done correctly. 

To say the web site is bare bones, is an insult to bare bones. Maybe blanched or bleached bones makes more sense. 

Home - San Antonio Valor (savalor.org)

https://fb.watch/64OqSqvVHS/

Here's the video I was trying to find before.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

NGL, as someone who loved watching arena football since I first saw one of those tape-delayed AFL matches, it's sad seeing the sport as a whole fall from the height of....wait, similar instability but with a bigger budget. Just like the MISL in the 1980s based on everything I read about that league. Had fun going to watch the Brigade, though, funny enough in the same building where the Comets used to draw capacity crowds that wound up driving out an NBA team. Fun while it lasted and all, but I'm wondering what the next sport is that will get like indoor soccer or arena football that will soar like Icarus and crash really really hard? 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

https://www.wlky.com/article/ifl-terminates-membership-of-louisville-xtreme-after-failing-to-meet-league-obligations/36721983

Louisville's been kicked out of the league and the rest of their games have been taken off the schedule. Not sure if this means the games they played previously still count for those other teams, but I don't think they've won any of them. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...