Jump to content

Arena Football News & Updates


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything about American Arena League today? I saw a post about their season maybe being cancelled?

 

A little Googling shows me that they aren't doing a post season, but declaring division champs only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2021 at 8:51 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Anyone hear anything about American Arena League today? I saw a post about their season maybe being cancelled?

 

A little Googling shows me that they aren't doing a post season, but declaring division champs only.

It's pretty annoying when I can't find that info on their league page. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's pretty annoying when I can't find that info on their league page. 

I found it on their twitter feed, but agreed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2021 at 7:21 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

I found it on their twitter feed, but agreed!

 

Same here... you would think the website would be better maintained and would have this up, but no.. It has nothing about it. That's weak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

 

Same here... you would think the website would be better maintained and would have this up, but no.. It has nothing about it. That's weak.

I'm not actually sure that I would expect this to be on their website. Lower tier sports don't want to publicize their failings. The website is what is accessed by the masses, but the Twitter feed is accessed by those looking for more detail (IMO). Thus, let those who are diging deeper find it, and the casual fan won't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

San Antonio Valor Tryouts - YouTube

Former Arena League team, Washington Valor, are now the San Antonio Valor. I caught a short video on a local station here regarding the team holding their tryouts over the weekend. It looks like they'll be playing a bunch of other arena league teams in Texas.  They were supposed to be in the IFL this season, so apparently whomever moved them here didn't have their paperwork done correctly. 

 

To say the web site is bare bones, is an insult to bare bones. Maybe blanched or bleached bones makes more sense. 

Home - San Antonio Valor (savalor.org)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Venue issues, from the sound of things? Anyone know anything about the Louisville Xtreme of the IFL?

https://goifl.com/news/2021/6/8/general-louisville-postpones-june-12-game.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3O9E2khjEgCPFwnfPLjAFqBS08PR9apJ9p50RJWLwapHfNtseP4pjVd7M

 

Apparently (and not a surprise given their road game the following week is on), they are behind in paying some bills.

Edited by Sec19Row53
More info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Venue issues, from the sound of things? Anyone know anything about the Louisville Xtreme of the IFL?

https://goifl.com/news/2021/6/8/general-louisville-postpones-june-12-game.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3O9E2khjEgCPFwnfPLjAFqBS08PR9apJ9p50RJWLwapHfNtseP4pjVd7M

 

Apparently (and not a surprise given their road game the following week is on), they are behind in paying some bills.

They've been playing all year with one uniform set too. Not surprised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 10:05 AM, MJWalker45 said:

San Antonio Valor Tryouts - YouTube

Former Arena League team, Washington Valor, are now the San Antonio Valor. I caught a short video on a local station here regarding the team holding their tryouts over the weekend. It looks like they'll be playing a bunch of other arena league teams in Texas.  They were supposed to be in the IFL this season, so apparently whomever moved them here didn't have their paperwork done correctly. 

 

To say the web site is bare bones, is an insult to bare bones. Maybe blanched or bleached bones makes more sense. 

Home - San Antonio Valor (savalor.org)

https://fb.watch/64OqSqvVHS/

Here's the video I was trying to find before.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NGL, as someone who loved watching arena football since I first saw one of those tape-delayed AFL matches, it's sad seeing the sport as a whole fall from the height of....wait, similar instability but with a bigger budget. Just like the MISL in the 1980s based on everything I read about that league. Had fun going to watch the Brigade, though, funny enough in the same building where the Comets used to draw capacity crowds that wound up driving out an NBA team. Fun while it lasted and all, but I'm wondering what the next sport is that will get like indoor soccer or arena football that will soar like Icarus and crash really really hard? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Venue issues, from the sound of things? Anyone know anything about the Louisville Xtreme of the IFL?

https://goifl.com/news/2021/6/8/general-louisville-postpones-june-12-game.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3O9E2khjEgCPFwnfPLjAFqBS08PR9apJ9p50RJWLwapHfNtseP4pjVd7M

 

Apparently (and not a surprise given their road game the following week is on), they are behind in paying some bills.

https://www.wlky.com/article/ifl-terminates-membership-of-louisville-xtreme-after-failing-to-meet-league-obligations/36721983

Louisville's been kicked out of the league and the rest of their games have been taken off the schedule. Not sure if this means the games they played previously still count for those other teams, but I don't think they've won any of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.