ProfessorBigShots

How is Arena Football not more popular?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

This doesn't happen in outdoor football

Outdoor football leagues don’t stick around long enough for us to ruminate on whether they’re having up or down years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The Arena Football League seems to be stable, at least this season, with the additions of Columbus and Atlanta...

 

Atlantic City, not Atlanta.

 

The remarkable thing is that this is the first time that the AFL is not the consensus top level of indoor football.  The IFL is currently at least as strong.

 

(Side note: the IFL's Nebraska Danger have an announcer in Steve Stein who is one of the best I have ever heard. Find any of that team's games on YouTube to hear a master in action.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'll post here since this seems to be the thread in general about arena and indoor football news and rumors...

 

The Tampa Bay Storm might return in 2020 as part of the National Arena League.  

 

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2019/05/28/tampa-bay-storm-could-return-join-national-arena-league-in-2020/

 

Isn't the NAL allegedly in financial trouble (not that any of these leagues aren't but they're particularly in trouble)? They probably could get a pretty good draw still but if they're going to bring back the Storm, the Predators should return too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

 

Isn't the NAL allegedly in financial trouble (not that any of these leagues aren't but they're particularly in trouble)? They probably could get a pretty good draw still but if they're going to bring back the Storm, the Predators should return too.

 

Jeff Bouchy, the league's #1 supporter recently sold his share of the Jacksonville Sharks.  The people over at Arenafan don't think there will be a 2020 season for the NAL and the revived Orlando Predators have not drawn all that well, playing to near empty crowds at the Amalie Center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

 

Jeff Bouchy, the league's #1 supporter recently sold his share of the Jacksonville Sharks.  The people over at Arenafan don't think there will be a 2020 season for the NAL and the revived Orlando Predators have not drawn all that well, playing to near empty crowds at the Amalie Center.

 

Okay, I was wrong that the Predators weren't revived. The fact that they're getting a lukewarm reception should be a big red flag to the Storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

 

Okay, I was wrong that the Predators weren't revived. The fact that they're getting a lukewarm reception should be a big red flag to the Storm.

 

They are also getting destroyed in their games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

 

They are also getting destroyed in their games.

And judging by their uniforms, little effort is being put into the team this year. Maybe an old rivalry can help but they need more than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IFL is in talks to possibly having a team in Oakland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Wings said:

IFL is in talks to possibly having a team in Oakland. 

At Oracle I guess? Makes sense since that stadium will need new tenants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.