Sign in to follow this  
drewbothwell

In class sketches

Doing some sketches for a fictional baseball team in class and was just looking for some feedback 

spacer.png

i like the number font but I don't know if that would work well on a baseball jersey. most baseball uniforms are meant to be very classy and traditional, and usually don't have super unique distinctions like that. even the most unique number fonts in the MLB are still usually very standard fonts. 

i like the logo you made with the 4 scratch marks as well, that could be like a neat alternate or patch mark, maybe put it on a helmet. 

i couldn't tell you what I think about the workmarks but the curved one looks good. it's hard to judge something like that if it's only pencil thick.

13 hours ago, Meshmaster101 said:

i like the number font but I don't know if that would work well on a baseball jersey. most baseball uniforms are meant to be very classy and traditional, and usually don't have super unique distinctions like that. even the most unique number fonts in the MLB are still usually very standard fonts. 

i like the logo you made with the 4 scratch marks as well, that could be like a neat alternate or patch mark, maybe put it on a helmet. 

i couldn't tell you what I think about the workmarks but the curved one looks good. it's hard to judge something like that if it's only pencil thick.

I was going for more of a minor league look or maybe even a more modern look with the font. Wasn’t thinking of the time that I posted this and realized the Fresno Grizzlies are an actual minor league team lol. So I guess you could call this a re design for them

It's very difficult to read that F as an F. Right now, especially with the wordmark angled, it reads as a kind of skinny/condensed L.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Another shot at this. I do like the font a lot better. The "FRESNO" font is based off of the claw mark logo. Along with a computerized version of the main logo! Feedback is for sure welcome!

The flourish on the F is so strong that I get an FJ monogram.