Pacers Logo Concept

Bruins

I’ve drawn something just like this before, and it’s been one of my favorites. However, the line in the P isn’t thick enough, or the loop in the P is too long.

But love seeing that someone actually has the same idea that I had and thought it worked too!

41 minutes ago, seancarter said:

this concept needs to be redone 

Thank you for your deeply thoughtful critique.

1 minute ago, JG36 said:

I’ve drawn something just like this before, and it’s been one of my favorites. However, the line in the P isn’t thick enough, or the loop in the P is too long.

But love seeing that someone actually has the same idea that I had and thought it worked too!

It seemed pretty straightforward I was surprised no one had done it before but apparently they had 😋

I'll give that a try. Thx!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

It's a cool idea, and it's really close...

Maybe try finishing the P with solid lines, and have the checkers trailing?

I agree with @JG36, the hoop of the P is a bit long.

Still, better than their previous logos!

I clicked on this post thinking I wasn't going to like it because (1) I like the actual Pacers logo, and (2) it's a logo that would be hard to update without entirely reimagining the thing.

However, you managed to maintain the spirit of the current logo while brining in new, Indy-centric elements. I do agree that something about the logo itself seems off balance and it only looks like a P because we know the checkers and basketball are supposed to look like a P (unlike the current logo which actually is a P but with a basketball in the negative), but I like the direction a lot and think this is really well done.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Looking at the logo, it looks like pixels up close. I like the concept of using checkered pattern in the P. Have you thought of using elements from the Indy 500? I think using the bricks will be a good way of giving the design a unique concept.

Indy brickyard

I know what you were trying to do here and I think the elements are there for sure.  I can't wait to see how it evolves.

mainescarf.png

I think this is a great start to an amazing idea, but I think that your checkered pattern needs to be enclosed. Instead of having open space, maybe put a solid line down both sides to close it off and see what that does for the concept. 

Can't wait to see how this progresses. 

spacer.png

On 5/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, Bruins said:

It seemed pretty straightforward I was surprised no one had done it before but apparently they had 😋

I'll give that a try. Thx!

Always fun to help especially with the same idea. Not to interfere with your thread, but I found one of the versions I drew a couple years ago

YhaXdij.jpg

Wow, amazed by how many constructive comments this has gotten!

I went from sketching ideas to posting in under 24 hours so needless to say, it wasn't the hardest I've ever worked on a concept. But I actually like getting critiqued on a rough concept, and I used most of that critique on this second draft. I shortened the hoop of the p, closed the front of the stem, and tidied up the top. However, in trying to keep the integrity of the logo, decreasing the amount of checkers and thinning things up are not both possible. Thanks to everyone for the help, what do you think?

ZYE1EsT.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

3 hours ago, Bruins said:

Wow, amazed by how many constructive comments this has gotten!

I went from sketching ideas to posting in under 24 hours so needless to say, it wasn't the hardest I've ever worked on a concept. But I actually like getting critiqued on a rough concept, and I used most of that critique on this second draft. I shortened the hoop of the p, closed the front of the stem, and tidied up the top. However, in trying to keep the integrity of the logo, decreasing the amount of checkers and thinning things up are not both possible. Thanks to everyone for the help, what do you think?

ZYE1EsT.jpg

Closing the stem goes such a long way. The “P” shape is now more visible, and less “that’s supposed to look like a P.” Also getting rid of the checker at the top left helps. Nice work as always!

Maybe it’s just me and I’m not sure how I’m going to explain it, but I think you need to flip flop the checker pattern. The way it is now the right checkers leaves an awkward large square in the bottom right that seems very distracting when looking at an otherwise top tier logo for the NBA. If you were to take the left checker stripe and switch it with the right one it would leave the right side with less checkers, which would fix the small problem. Otherwise, I want this in the league.

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Maybe it’s just me and I’m not sure how I’m going to explain it, but I think you need to flip flop the checker pattern. The way it is now the right checkers leaves an awkward large square in the bottom right that seems very distracting when looking at an otherwise top tier logo for the NBA. If you were to take the left checker stripe and switch it with the right one it would leave the right side with less checkers, which would fix the small problem. Otherwise, I want this in the league.

I did think something was maybe a little bit off and there you’ve got it. Flipping the checkers would box off the top and bottom and that would probably complete it.

Archived