New Disney Hollywood Studios Logo

mattr1198

The old mark was considerably better. Unique, classy typeface, and perfectly evoked the theme of the park. The new logo is bland - the opposite of what a theme park should be - and I hate the use of three photos in a single logo like that. Looks terrible, and will look even worse when shrunken down on a smaller application.

I'm really hoping that those photos are dropped when the logo is put on merchandise.  Or at the least, the photos are interchangeable. 

BB-8 is current and relevant, and Woody is (kinda) with the upcoming release of Toy Story 4.  But eventually they'll get dated.  Mickey is timeless and if they MUST include photos and they MUST be of Disney characters, I'd rather see them use Mickey, Donald and Goofy, since that trio is basically the original Three Stooges to Disney's animation empire.  

The only thing I like about the photos, however, is that it shows a character from classic animation (Mickey), modern/Pixar animation (Woody) and a live action film, although BB-8 is clearly CGI for the most part.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 5/4/2019 at 11:31 PM, pianoknight said:

I'm really hoping that those photos are dropped when the logo is put on merchandise.  Or at the least, the photos are interchangeable. 

BB-8 is current and relevant, and Woody is (kinda) with the upcoming release of Toy Story 4.  But eventually they'll get dated.  Mickey is timeless and if they MUST include photos and they MUST be of Disney characters, I'd rather see them use Mickey, Donald and Goofy, since that trio is basically the original Three Stooges to Disney's animation empire.  

The only thing I like about the photos, however, is that it shows a character from classic animation (Mickey), modern/Pixar animation (Woody) and a live action film, although BB-8 is clearly CGI for the most part.

I'm sure that they are featured because of the new Toy Story Land and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge areas that are opening (and will likely be the #1 reason that people will come to the park for the next 3-5 years). Also that particular Mickey is in the style of the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Trolley that replaced The Great Movie Ride. I personally detest the new animation style for these classic characters, it reminds me of Ren & Stimpy (which was fine on its own, but far from Disney).

New:                                                                                                             

spacer.png 

Old:spacer.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

10 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

I personally detest the new animation style for these classic characters, it reminds me of Ren & Stimpy (which was fine on its own, but far from Disney).

Yeah, made by the same people. I’ve gotten fairly used to it, but Goofy looks way too hoboish, and the Ren & Stimpy-esque extreme detail closeups don’t mesh with the Fab Five IMO.

As for the logo, it reminds me of when a team unveils a logo with all kinds of crazy gradients... how’s it going to look in embroidery, in one color, etc.?

They don’t have standard poses for the characters locked down; I don’t know if that’s a feature, or a bug. Every one of the three characters has a different pose in the picture below, when compared with the one in the original post.

dhsl923402984029384234.jpg

10 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

BB-8, in the films, was an actual physical thing that was rolled around on set. They actually created several versions for different applications in the film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB-8#Constraints_and_realization

You really believe they used practical effects to all of BB-8’s scenes. He was clearly CGI in most of the last movie, and really anything that was more high paced.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived