OK, it's not gonna be THAT bad...

habsfannova

I don't think the Dolphins are gonna suck this year.

I actually think they will do well.

I mean, look at our schedule for one! I mean, we play the Buffalo, New England, and New York road games before Nov. 1st, and only have the Broncos and Baltimore in December. Difficult opponents to be sure, but not division games.

Williams was a great running back, but I'm confident that they'll find something to do. The offensive line is improved, and the last time we made the playoffs, we didn't have Ricky Williams. We have two offensive threats in McMichael and Chambers, and one has to admit, Fiedler has had a great improvement over the years, although he is injury prone.

Defense? Still a lot of good players.

I think we CAN manage a wild card birth, if everyone performs. At least I can hope. Sorry if the post seems a bit strange, but I think we need some Dolphins positivity. :D

The thing is... all 3 divisional rivals have improved a lot in the off-season, and the Dolphins have had some very bad luck.

Travis Minor doesn't seem to be a great RB, he will get around 750 yards. The pressure is on Fiedler. He's gotta be better at his consistency. He showed at times he was brilliant last season (Thanksgivivg VS Dallas), and he needs to show that that doesn't happen only once per season. Booker does help cause Derrius Thompson was absolutely horrible as the #2 reciever.

The O line has gotten better, and Vernon Carey will get better by the game. The defense is still one of the best in the NFL, but losing Ogunleye will prove costly.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Dolphin fans can backpedal better than Sam Madison.....

When they traded for Ricky, all they could talk about was that they had "the missing piece" to go with their great defense.

Now the missing piece retires and "it's OK he wasn't really all that great"

Bull Plop, Miami will have trouble scoring all season. Add to the mix losing Boston for the year and you better hope Zack the Midget and his friends (without Ogunleye :D ) can hold teams to 6 points each week so the Dolphins will win a a few 9-6.

OH wait I forgot they traded for Marty Booker, yeah that should make up for the loss of Ricky's 3200 yards over the past two years.

the Dolphins will never make a serious run at anything as long as the real problem, Dave Wannestedt, is still head coach. He was handed a very good team in Dallas by Jimmy Johnson and proceeded to drive them into the ground. Then followed Johnson to Miami to do the same thing.

the Dolphins will never make a serious run at anything as long as the real problem, Dave Wannestedt, is still head coach. He was handed a very good team in Dallas by Jimmy Johnson and proceeded to drive them into the ground. Then followed Johnson to Miami to do the same thing.

Erm Wannstedt was never head coach of the Cowboys. He coached the Bears, and continued down the road to mediocrity that Ditka had started.

That being said he isn't much of a head coach, and for the record, I couldn't careless about the fins but this is the kind of thing that has happened recently in the NFL and there team has come back from it stronger was my point.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't care how they do, just as long as they lose.

same!!

i dont understand how fins fans can think they'll do well when they lost most of their O-line, a source of 3/4s of the teams offense (the Pothead), and their #1 Pass-Rusher. plus, that D isn't getting any younger....PHINSBLOW.gif

Well I think the fins will win more than 5 games just beacuse of their defense. However it will be tough for them to make the playoffs as last year they had a much better team and missed the playoffs. Every other team is improved, the Patriots got Dillion, and the for the Jets it looks like they will have Pennington for a full season. I can see the Dolphins beating out the Bills for third but I think the Jets and Pats will be better.

Fire wannstedt, he sucks. Then talk to me about Miami having a serious chance at playing for a spot in the playoffs.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Now I'm hearing reports that Ricky has changed his mind and is talking to the Dolphins about returning. The only way he can come back though is if he APPEALS HIS OWN RETIREMENT PAPERS that HE SUBMITTED.

This is just getting crazier by the day. Good luck Dolphins, you'll need it.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The parties involved have already stated that if any return happens it will most likely be for next season.

If I was a Dolphins Fan (I get a shooting pain in my chest just typing that!) I would prefer they trade his rights to another team rather than have him stroll into next years training camp as if nothing is wrong.....

A whole year away from the game shouldn't diminish his skills too much they should be able to get fair value for him, oh wait this is a team who only got Marty Booker and a 3rd rounder for their best pass rushing defensive end.

Maybe Ricky can stay in shape playing for the Los Angeles Amazons in the meantime.

I dont want him back, they should trade his rights to the Raiders for a first round pick or so.

he would fit in with the raiders. they could continue their legacy as "the most hated team in football."

The parties involved have already stated that if any return happens it will most likely be for next season.

If I was a Dolphins Fan (I get a shooting pain in my chest just typing that!) I would prefer they trade his rights to another team rather than have him stroll into next years training camp as if nothing is wrong.....

A whole year away from the game shouldn't diminish his skills too much they should be able to get fair value for him, oh wait this is a team who only got Marty Booker and a 3rd rounder for their best pass rushing defensive end.

Maybe Ricky can stay in shape playing for the Los Angeles Amazons in the meantime.

They didn't trade Jason Taylor.

They didn't trade Jason Taylor.

That's what I was thinking. Lol. Ogunleye was good, but how much was he helped out by the fact a team has to put a double team on Jason Taylor most of the time? I doubt Ogunleye had to put up with a double team all that often if I'm correct in thinking that the Dolphins play a 4-3.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived