Jump to content

Best and Worst Logo Recolorings


Recommended Posts

Since I don't think anyone has started a topic relating to this, I was wondering what you think the best and worst logo recolorings are (only minor changes are okay). Most end up being upgrades, but some are actually downgrades in my opinion. Note these are not full redesigns, just changing of colors of a present logo.

 

Best

spacer.png to spacer.png (Got rid of that horribly dated Vegas Gold)

 

spacer.png tospacer.png (Returned the Lions back to their nice classic colors)

 

spacer.png tospacer.png (That old Pistons color scheme was just awful. Going back to the old colors was necessary)

 

spacer.pngtospacer.png (Another product of the 90s removed, replacing the colors with the classic team colors)

 

spacer.png to spacer.png (God who thought that gold and red combo was a good idea to begin with. Changed colors much more unique and poppy)

 

Worst

spacer.pngto spacer.png (Yeah the yellow was improved from the 90s logo, but really returning to those weird colors?)

 

spacer.pngtospacer.png (That grey facemask just looks so much worse than the white one in my opinion)

 

spacer.pngto spacer.png(The colors went from actually from the jerseys/scheme to not representative of the team colors AT ALL)

 

spacer.pngto spacer.png(The red just pops so much more than that ugly maroon color)

 

spacer.png to spacer.png (I know there's a time jump, but the old colors just pop so much more than the dull new colors)

 

There are definitely more out there. Want to hear your opinions!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I disagree on the Knicks and Nuggets ones posted. The Knicks one looks kind of weird with the 3-D effect being the same color as the triangle, the black looks a bit more natural in terms of shadow and such. As for the Nuggets, I actually thought the 90’s color scheme fit them really well as it seemed to have a kind of rugged miner look to it. I made that association instantly. The recolor to the much brighter palette was really jarring to me and I never really liked it that much, it just seemed better suited for a coastal California team or something as opposed to the rugged mountain look I’d gotten used to for them. Just my opinion though, I know a lot of others liked the brighter palette and that’s cool!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

As for the Nuggets, I actually thought the 90’s color scheme fit them really well as it seemed to have a kind of rugged miner look to it. I made that association instantly. The recolor to the much brighter palette was really jarring to me and I never really liked it that much, it just seemed better suited for a coastal California team or something as opposed to the rugged mountain look I’d gotten used to for them. Just my opinion though, I know a lot of others liked the brighter palette and that’s cool!

 

I can see your reasoning, but I still thought the 90's color scheme was kinda drab. The blue and red being so dark didn't look good next to each other. Yeah, I liked the powder blue and yellow gold more, but I can see why it may be too bright. I thought the addition of navy helped a little in terms of toning it down. This franchise needs to decide what their identity is because they're on Canucks/Padres level now.

 

Anyway, for the topic itself.

 

Image result for rams color change     Image result for rams color change

 

While I understand the intentions behind this happening, the metallic gold looked great with this logo... and now it looks like an unfinished concept.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

 

I can see your reasoning, but I still thought the 90's color scheme was kinda drab. The blue and red being so dark didn't look good next to each other. Yeah, I liked the powder blue and yellow gold more, but I can see why it may be too bright. I thought the addition of navy helped a little in terms of toning it down. This franchise needs to decide what their identity is because they're on Canucks/Padres level now.

 

Anyway, for the topic itself.

 

Image result for rams color change     Image result for rams color change

 

While I understand the intentions behind this happening, the metallic gold looked great with this logo... and now it looks like an unfinished concept.

Yep. It needs yellow! :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

@mattr1198, The Browns, Canucks, Phillies and Brewers were all clear upgrades along with that jazz one @EddieJ1984 

 

I disagree on the Jazz, one they didn't even use it much, they should've just switched to the "J note" logo for their primary but instead had to keep the old one.

The 1st recolor of the logo i would say was very good.

jy1tqovzbqgvrp2a5phwtvdfh.gif

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

 

spacer.pngtospacer.png (Another product of the 90s removed, replacing the colors with the classic team colors)

 

 

 

The Knicks cleaned up much of the logo when they changed..but the gray shadow is worse than the black. 

 

The black shadow just looks so much cooler. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The Knicks cleaned up much of the logo when they changed..but the gray shadow is worse than the black. 

 

The black shadow just looks so much cooler. 

 

The black is too bold; it draws too much attention to itself, and it doesn’t look right when it isn’t used throughout. If you’re going to use black at all, the lines on the ball should at least be black.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

 

I disagree on the Jazz, one they didn't even use it much, they should've just switched to the "J note" logo for their primary but instead had to keep the old one.

The 1st recolor of the logo i would say was very good.

jy1tqovzbqgvrp2a5phwtvdfh.gif

This logo looks fantastic. If the uniforms at that time had used any purple at all they could have been better than they were.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Worst

spacer.pngto spacer.png (Yeah the yellow was improved from the 90s logo, but really returning to those weird colors?)

 

spacer.pngtospacer.png (That grey facemask just looks so much worse than the white one in my opinion)

I actually really really like these recolors.

 

However I feel like in the gray in the Browns logo looks much darker than it actually was on the field. But maybe that is just me?

Image result for cleveland browns helmet

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Since I don't think anyone has started a topic relating to this, I was wondering what you think the best and worst logo recolorings are (only minor changes are okay). Most end up being upgrades, but some are actually downgrades in my opinion. Note these are not full redesigns, just changing of colors of a present logo.

 

There are definitely more out there. Want to hear your opinions!

 

I agree with you on pretty much all of these.

 

17 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The penguins just went back to what the logo was originally colored as.

My choices for worst are

 

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.png

 

 

The second recolor of the Jazz 90s logo was one of the first that came to mind. The green mountains were alright, but I never liked the yellow sky.

 

15 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

 

I disagree on the Jazz, one they didn't even use it much, they should've just switched to the "J note" logo for their primary but instead had to keep the old one.

The 1st recolor of the logo i would say was very good.

jy1tqovzbqgvrp2a5phwtvdfh.gif

 

On the positive side, this one simplified the very busy original. Negatively, the bleeding of the drop shadow into the ring is horrible. And I agree -- they should have kept purple on the unis when they changed in '04. The purple mountains were my favorite aspect of this recolor.

 

13 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

spacer.png      spacer.png

 

downgrade.

 

Very much so. And this is the first time I've noticed that they dropped the maple leaf from the "M" in Manitoba.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2019 at 8:41 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

 

jy1tqovzbqgvrp2a5phwtvdfh.gif

 

On 5/6/2019 at 5:58 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

 

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.png

I’ll see you cool cats over in “unpopular opinions” because I like the old New Orleans Jazz colored version of the Utah Jazz logo as opposed to the baby blue/navy blue/purple version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're both terrible and compromise the integrity of the original design. Losing the motion lines on the right makes the script appear off-balance. Why do both scripts melt into the roundel? Why would the sky ever be goldenrod?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.