Football Concepts for Division I Schools w/o Football | DU & UWGB added

DoctaC

Hi everyone, today I'm going to be starting a thread where I will be creating a football concept for the 94 Division I Colleges and Universities that currently don't sponsor football (more than half did at some point, with most schools dropping their football programs during the 90s-00s). Each team will receive 3 base sets - a home, road, and alternate. I will be basing some of these uniforms off of a school's basketball uniforms, and some will just be a design I think looks cool. I will be releasing them in sets of two, C&C is appreciated.

These will be done in no specific order.

Denver Pioneers

Gonzaga Bulldogs v1 - v2

Marquette Golden Eagles v1 - v2

Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks v1 - v2

UMBC Retrievers v1 - v2

UW-Green Bay Phoenix

UW-Milwaukee Panthers v1 - v2

Wright State Raiders v1 - New Helmets

Let's get it started with two schools known for their basketball programs - 

Gonzaga Bulldogs (WCC)

These uniforms are based off of the basketball team's wordmark font, utilizing the Memphis Grizzlies-style stripes for the helmet, pants, and shoulders.

ozZYJXC.png

Marquette Golden Eagles (Big East)

This is a more traditional looking set, attempting to mimic the look of the MU logo on the numbers.

NmxqyG9.png

C&C is appreciated

Couldn’t we use this logo on the alternate helmet?spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Both are pretty good.  I think MU would look better with blue road numbers.  And when they did have a football team, they were known for their all-gold uniforms.

spacer.png

On 5/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, DoctaC said:

Gonzaga Bulldogs (WCC)

These uniforms are based off of the basketball team's wordmark font, utilizing the Memphis Grizzlies-style stripes for the helmet, pants, and shoulders.

ozZYJXC.png

This is a more traditional looking set, attempting to mimic the look of the MU logo on the numbers.

NmxqyG9.png

C&C is appreciated

I live in Wisconsin and am a Marquette as well as a badger fan and I really wish that MU had a football team and if they did I think that these uniforms are cool.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, DoctaC said:

Gonzaga Bulldogs (WCC)

ozZYJXC.png

NmxqyG9.png

C&C is appreciated

I think you should add the Marquette rainbow somewhere on the jersey or helmet, as it's a nice touch to our team designs. Go MU

Thanks for the feedback guys, I went back and made some changes to both Marquette and Gonzaga -

Marquette v2

eHSQ7Ia.png

- Added single stripe to helmets, I felt they were too bland.

- Switched primary alternate set to all-gold.

- Changed road uniform numbers to blue w/ gold outline.

Gonzaga v2

9hMGV4Y.png

- Thinned the stripes for the entire look.

- Swapped helmet and chest logos on the alternate.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:08 PM, Blindsay said:

Couldn’t we use this logo on the alternate helmet?

I tried this, but I didn't think it looked that great. Then I tried the GU logo, and I liked it, so I went with that as an alternate helmet.

C&C is appreciated.

Let's move on with two schools with canine mascots -

UMBC Retrievers

A pretty classic looking set for a school that'v never had a football program. I feel Northwestern-stripes go really well with the black-yellow-white color scheme.

vgdttO8.png

Wright State Raiders

A modern looking font for the word mark and numbers to go along with a basic UCLA-style striping setup.

8yOrlQT.png

Thanks for looking, C&C is appreciated.

Great concepts! 

If you're taking requests, I had a cup of coffee as a nickleback and gunner on the club football team at UW-Mil. Would love to see your take on them.

1 hour ago, DoctaC said:

I think this looks good too, I just like the white and black helmets better.

That, my friend, is why god invented Alternate Helmets

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

17 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Yeah I know. That logo was actually the first one I tried, but it didn't translate very well to the helmet. It also doesn't seem to have a version where the dog isn't cut off at the neck, other than this logo. However, like the primary, it doesn't translate well to a helmet.

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

Great concepts! 

If you're taking requests, I had a cup of coffee as a nickleback and gunner on the club football team at UW-Mil. Would love to see your take on them.

Thanks for the kind words, I'll do them next.

I think the contrasting cuffs on UWM are unnecessary when you already have sleeve stripes.  I would also execute the colors of the numbers and wordmarks a bit differently... gold wordmark and white numbers on black, and black wordmarks and numbers on the white and gold.  It's a very 1980s look, but I like it.

I would also emphasize the gold helmets over the black.  The black looks way too much like Missouri.

Archived