Football Concepts for Division I Schools w/o Football | DU & UWGB added

DoctaC

I like what you’ve got for UNO, but I’d emphasize black more than red. That’s what we’ve done with our branding the last few years as a way to distinguish ourselves from Lincoln. The design itself if solid though!

After a short break I'm back with some more concepts. Specifically, updates to Nebraska-Omaha, UMBC, UW-Milwaukee, and some options for a new Wright State helmet that I'd like some C&C on.

Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks v2

Ly39zzZ.png

- Switched the emphasis more to black over red.

- New helmet utilizing bull logo.

- New alternate helmet that uses the O logo in just red.

- Pretty much a whole new design in total. The only things that transferred over were the font and stripes.

UMBC Retrievers v2

CFbz4vK.png

- Switched to all single color sets.

- New alternate gold helmet, which many people have been asking for.

- Not too many changes, just come slight cleanup.

UW-Milwaukee Panthers

pM6cLPY.png

- Removed contrasting cuffs on all 3 jerseys.

- Dropped outlines on the home & away numbers.

- Switched the colors on the home & away numbers/word marks.

- Home word mark went from white -> gold.

- Home numbers went from gold -> white

- Away numbers went from gold -> black.

Wright State Helmet Options

gcUGzVI.png

I'm not happy with the design I gave Wright State (not just the helmet, jerseys and pants included). Therefore, I'm going to be re-doing their set. First, I want to get their helmet right, because it's what gave me the most trouble the first time around. I've came up with some options, lmk what you think. All four would be like Boise State's helmets irl. They would have the logo on one side, and the player's number on the other.

Thanks for looking C&C is appreciated, as always.

The next two teams (UW-Green Bay and Denver) will hopefully be out later tonight (if not, tomorrow morning).

Great job on UNO. The switch to predominantly black/white with red as more of an accent color is extremely consistent with their on-campus branding.

As a side note, i'm really digging the little uniform icons that show the different combos, as opposed to cluttering up the thread with every one in full form.

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Add a green face mask to the 3rd  Wright state option and booyah, Omaha updates are also really good

1 hour ago, Tyrano123 said:

Could you do an outline of the last two dogs much like what Hanover College did here?

I'll try these when I revisit Wright State completely, right now I want to move on and get a few more teams completed.

1 hour ago, dakotapalm said:

Omaha is looking excellent. That's a strong Maverick logo, and it works on the white helmet. You've chosen a good font for the uniform, too. That's my favorite so far.

Thanks. Omaha and UMBC are my favorites so far, and I think it's because of how awesome their logos are for football helmets.

1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Great job on UNO. The switch to predominantly black/white with red as more of an accent color is extremely consistent with their on-campus branding.

As a side note, i'm really digging the little uniform icons that show the different combos, as opposed to cluttering up the thread with every one in full form.

Thanks, that was the goal. The icons are actually an idea I got from @oldschoolvikings's football template. They really are great.

Let's move onto the next two teams -

Denver Pioneers

Denver's logo is a very simple inter-locking DU. So, I gave them a super simple set.

9VOPo4D.png

UW-Green Bay Phoenix

On 5/14/2019 at 5:12 PM, Dan O'Mac said:

Now I have to look at UWM, but I don't get Green Bay... 😞

Green Bay gets a set that combines a Seahawks-like helmet with some Jets-like jerseys.

eaiZQO9.png

Thanks for reading. As always, C&C is appreciated.

Archived