CFL 2019

Chewbacca

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall I wonder why the templates are the same//very similar in some cases.

With 9 teams they should have 9 distinct templates.

But overall, I like the new unit, mostly not too different, but we'll see with the pants

BC's orange on orange was a bit much with black helmets-I would prefer black pants.

As to why we should care about the pants--well I watch the games--so I like a well done uniform on each team.

Hopefully no black pants for the Stamps this year--glad that they are just going with the red helmets.

So overall--so far, so good, except I agree with many about the Argos--they look boring--especially the whites.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

10 hours ago, Stampman said:

Hopefully no black pants for the Stamps this year--glad that they are just going with the red helmets.

Well the red uniform cannot work all that well without the black pants, sure the white is somewhat salvageable but black contrasts better. Red just looks bad.
calgary-kamar-jorden-celebrates-touchdow

cfl_argos.jpg

zyyMk1d.png

12 hours ago, Stampman said:

Overall I wonder why the templates are the same//very similar in some cases.

With 9 teams they should have 9 distinct templates.

But overall, I like the new unit, mostly not too different, but we'll see with the pants

BC's orange on orange was a bit much with black helmets-I would prefer black pants.

As to why we should care about the pants--well I watch the games--so I like a well done uniform on each team.

So overall--so far, so good, except I agree with many about the Argos--they look boring--especially the whites.

It's been this way for a long time now going back to when Reebok was the supplier.  This is the way it's been trending for a while for other sports as it is definitely cheaper for the manufacturers to just use the same templates for multiple teams.  See NHL Reebok edge or Nike's international jerseys. 

They should have 9 distinct looks, but unfortunately this is how it is.  The only thing we can hope for is that at least they look good.

5 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

Well the red uniform cannot work all that well without the black pants, sure the white is somewhat salvageable but black contrasts better. Red just looks bad.
calgary-kamar-jorden-celebrates-touchdow

cfl_argos.jpg

There should be no black pants, period. 

White home pants and red away pants. Time for the Stamps to be a red team once again.

6 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

There should be no black pants, period. 

White home pants and red away pants. Time for the Stamps to be a red team once again.

Totally agree.  Could easily just switch to white pants at home with the current sent.

However, if I had my way regarding how they looked, the Stampeders would need only need white pants.  A present day version of this stepping on the field:

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Totally agree.  Could easily just switch to white pants at home with the current sent.

However, if I had my way regarding how they looked, the Stampeders would need only need white pants.  A present day version of this stepping on the field:

spacer.png

I truly loved the Stamps' silver pants and secondary accents. Red and silver is a look the Stamps can own like the NFL Eagles can own Kelly green and silver.

Unless a repeated colour scheme has to coincide with the logo, if a team has an opportunity to have a colour scheme that's simple and that they can own, they need to use that colour scheme.

Shades of the AAF there. Does the on-field jersey have those BC logos on the shoulders?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

Shades of the AAF there. Does the on-field jersey have those BC logos on the shoulders?

Yes. It really looks like they just took last year's adidas shirts and slapped New Era logos on them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Toronto Argos Celebrate Raptors Run With Jersey Patch

May 30, 2019 - 16:43 PM

We The Six. The Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League took to the field this morning to kick off their 2019 pre-season schedule and did so paying much respect to another Toronto team ready to make some history. In […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Argos in white pants with a single light blue stripe here. I don't hate it. 

I don’t hate it either but navy blue stripes on either side of the light blue stripe would look more complete to me, a la the old Giants pants.

This reminds me of the NFL's Pro Bowl uniforms. These also have blank sleeves.

Image result for pro bowl 2018

I agree with Jezus_Ghoti, I don't hate it, but I'm not crazy about it. Those sleeves need something.

D71ckbcV4AAzTG5.jpg

16 minutes ago, G-tron said:

This reminds me of the NFL's Pro Bowl uniforms. These also have blank sleeves.

Image result for pro bowl 2018

I agree with Jezus_Ghoti, I don't hate it, but I'm not crazy about it. Those sleeves need something.

D71ckbcV4AAzTG5.jpg

Wilder Jr.'s exposed shoulder pad looks like a stripe and completes the look.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I don’t hate it either but navy blue stripes on either side of the light blue stripe would look more complete to me, a la the old Giants pants.

And then somebody will complain that the pant stripes don't match the helmet stripe.  I rather they add stripes or a stripe to the jersey itself.

Archived