CFL 2019

Chewbacca

4 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like the Argos moved the large helmet logos over from their old white helmets to the blues. 

The helmet change to larger logo and addition of Cambridge blue stripe occurred in 2017.  You are right remembering that the white helmet did have a larger logo than the blue one.  That was last like that in 2016.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hope the Argos are going with the blue jersey over the white pants as the primary home combination.  This uniform looks great!

I was not a fan of the Argos removing the striping from the sleeve, but the blue jersey/white pants combo with no more truncated stripe mitigates that.  These uniforms are top notch.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:29 PM, M4One said:

It's been this way for a long time now going back to when Reebok was the supplier.  This is the way it's been trending for a while for other sports as it is definitely cheaper for the manufacturers to just use the same templates for multiple teams.  See NHL Reebok edge or Nike's international jerseys. 

They should have 9 distinct looks, but unfortunately this is how it is.  The only thing we can hope for is that at least they look good.

Certainly as a long time CFL fan I am aware of that--and that has been one of my complaints about CFL unis for that time.

Mostly though, I do think they look good

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Montreal put so much effort into rebranding their team, they forgot to run it. The league just took over operations from ownership.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Montreal put so much effort into rebranding their team, they forgot to run it. The league just took over operations from ownership.

You can have competent ownership or five logos on the helmet. Not both.

I didn't notice this at first, but the Alouettes don't have those four little logos on the helmet (either side). The little logos appear on the right panel of the pants. I wonder if the helmet decision is just a pre-season thing or an intended regular season thing.

ab44ad14-525b-4dee-a182-86bb50312c74.jpg

02fe9251-8cd8-48a4-ac3b-8e56707cd6ec.jpg

Source: https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2019/05/31/best-shots-first-preseason-game/

3 hours ago, G-tron said:

I didn't notice this at first, but the Alouettes don't have those four little logos on the helmet (either side). The little logos appear on the right panel of the pants. I wonder if the helmet decision is just a pre-season thing or an intended regular season thing.

ab44ad14-525b-4dee-a182-86bb50312c74.jpg

02fe9251-8cd8-48a4-ac3b-8e56707cd6ec.jpg

Source: https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2019/05/31/best-shots-first-preseason-game/

Looks like the logos are in the top part of the pant stripe on the right side?

Hopefully, they just came to their senses and decided not to put the 4 little logos on the helmet.

13 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

Looks like the logos are in the top part of the pant stripe on the right side?

Hopefully, they just came to their senses and decided not to put the 4 little logos on the helmet.

If they want yo acknowledge them, put them on an adboard. The new uniform should not have old logod on it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Calgary (red/black) vs BC (orange/orange) is going on right now.

Watching right now. Not easy to watch at all

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The CFL should be making a pre-season uniform schedule, not just agreeing to whatever teams request (as I'm assuming they didn't instruct teams to have a red vs orange game). There are Orange/Red, Green/Green, and Blue to choose from in the west, so one of those matchups should be the colour vs colour preseason game (even green vs blue might be a bit of a stretch). 

Instead we get this in 2018:

A85U2678.jpg

And this in 2019:

0608-stamps-bo-sun.jpg

At least the orange pants creates a bit more contrast...

On 6/8/2019 at 7:23 AM, G-tron said:

The CFL should be making a pre-season uniform schedule, not just agreeing to whatever teams request (as I'm assuming they didn't instruct teams to have a red vs orange game). There are Orange/Red, Green/Green, and Blue to choose from in the west, so one of those matchups should be the colour vs colour preseason game (even green vs blue might be a bit of a stretch). 

Instead we get this in 2018:

A85U2678.jpg

And this in 2019:

0608-stamps-bo-sun.jpg

At least the orange pants creates a bit more contrast...

The Lions are on the right track. They finally have a great-looking helmet for the first time since the 80's and there's white bordering on the number font. I see white home pants for next season. What I also hope is that the Lions have a similar kind of jersey that they had in the 70's with sleeve stripes. That with the new helmets would be among the very best in pro football, never mind the CFL.

Just wanted to remind everyone that there is often one color on color game in the preseason due to there being an uneven number of teams in the west. Two teams wear white jerseys in preseason and three wear color. A color on color is inevitable but it’s odd that it’s been BC and Calgary the last two years... could have at least thrown Winnipeg into that with their very blue jerseys which would contrast the others fine.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:41 AM, appleclock said:

Just wanted to remind everyone that there is often one color on color game in the preseason due to there being an uneven number of teams in the west. Two teams wear white jerseys in preseason and three wear color. A color on color is inevitable but it’s odd that it’s been BC and Calgary the last two years... could have at least thrown Winnipeg into that with their very blue jerseys which would contrast the others fine.

Exactly.

It's such an easy solution, I don't know why this gets overlooked.  

Make sure EDM/SSK and BC/CGY split colour and white. done. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived