CFL 2019

Chewbacca

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I do not like the mono-orange look the Lions now have. The pants should be black in my opinion. Besides that, they definitely look better than the Adidas uniforms.

Hopeful that after New Era has their foot in the door for a season, we may see a redesign on the jersey away from the adidas template that was inherited.  Best move for them would be to get rid of the black shoulder on home jersey and orange shoulders on the road.  Also consider white pants at home.  Would be like a modernized version of the uniforms the team wore in the early to mid 1970s.  Keep the orange pants on the road.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody catch this? The CFL officials have reversed the cap colour convention: The referee-in-chief wears a white cap, and the other officials wear black ones; this is now in line with all levels of gridiron football in the U.S. (NFL/college/high school); for a long time the reverse convention was used.

UBwef0L.png

cv48feP.png

lqe0jtz.png

Here is visual proof from the preseason.

Also, personally, I'd love to hear the CFL referee announce penalties with the guilty party be referred to the NFL convention (offence/defence/kicking team/receiving team) rather than by the team's respective city or province.

UBwef0L.png

18 hours ago, johnnysama said:

Did anybody catch this? The CFL officials have reversed the cap colour convention: The referee-in-chief wears a white cap, and the other officials wear black ones; this is now in line with all levels of gridiron football in the U.S. (NFL/college/high school); for a long time the reverse convention was used.

Good observation!  Totally missed this.  I noticed the New Era logos on the hats now but did not pay much else attention to it.  No announcements about it I saw.  Also in line with other levels of football in Canada.  Canadian university football has had the ref in the white hat with other officials in black hats.  I wish they would have kept it the other way.  The fans got to boo the guy in the black hat when penalties called.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

Lions in black pants.  I don't like the white socks.  Hope they end up wearing the black pants with the orange jersey.

I would think it is a safe bet we will see the black pants with the orange jersey at sometime, and the orange pants with the white jersey. 

Was really surprised after the uniform unveiling that it was orange pants at home with the orange jerseys.  Just assumed it was going to be black pants.  Then thought it was just going to be orange pants both at home and on the road.  Surprised again after seeing the black pants on the field yesterday.

The Lions' away black pants look very sharp. However, because their black font on their road whites complements their black helmets, I would prefer orange pants on the road to emphasize their primary orange colour. The orange jersey yokes should  be removed.

As for their home look, I'd like to see the Lions wearing white pants. Black helmets, orange jerseys and white pants would look amazing together.

5 hours ago, G-tron said:

Travis Lulay actually pointed out how this uniform combination was similar to the 1960s look (worn in 2009 by Jarious Jackson here). It could have inspired this look.

Very good points. Great observation.

I think if the Lions just keep the current away look but bring back the white pants for their home look, their uniform set will be top-notch.

All CFL Teams Wearing Canada Day Sideline Caps This Weekend

June 27, 2019 - 19:02 PM

The Canadian Football League and New Era this morning announced a special line of Canada Day themed red-and-white maple leaf caps that will be worn by all team coaches, staff, and trainers on sidelines during Week 3 of the 2019 […]

Read More...

Edmonton Eskimos at Winnipeg Blue Bombers looking really good tonight with the pant stripes fixed for both teams compared to last year.

Match up looking especially good now compared to recent past, considering this is what it looked like in 2015.  

spacer.png

5 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

This may have been mentioned before, but I just realized that when looking at the Alouettes helmets straight ahead, the logo forms a M. I wonder if this was intentional?

I believe it was done on purpose. I dont remember if it was officially said but I know someone pointed it out before.

I really like the Al's look this season, It looks so nice and clean.

I dislike the helmet and while watching the game today, it just feels like someone scribbled on it.
I wish they would use the bird head from the 70's instead.

9 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

This may have been mentioned before, but I just realized that when looking at the Alouettes helmets straight ahead, the logo forms a M. I wonder if this was intentional?

spacer.png

I get a Speed Racer vibe looking at that helmet. Or the bad guy from Miraculous Ladybug. Hahaha!!!!! 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I get a Speed Racer vibe looking at that helmet. Or the bad guy from Miraculous Ladybug. Hahaha!!!!! 

That's funny you say that, because I was just introduced to Miraculous Ladybug through my kids, 9 or 10 days ago. When I saw the villain do that thing with his face, my first thought was that is looked like the new Als logo.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

Archived