It's almost like a CFL version of "Colour Rush" and I actually like it a lot. I hope they wear this combo again next year where maybe we could be treated to a colour vs colour game. These uniforms provide great contrast. Edmonton or maybe Hamilton would be a good CvC game.

I don't know about the Stamps all red look because of the accent balance. The jerseys are red and black but the pants are red and white. Te red pants work with the away set because there's less black and the white on the pants matches with the white of the away jersey.

Well one of the two longest Grey Cup droughts will end next week.

Kind of hoping the Bombers win, but I also kind of expect the TiCats to win.

But hopefully they don't go with he pyjama look.

I do think the Bombers have one of the best looks in the CFL (& beyond)

Still neither team winning would surprise me.

This could easily go either way, but if one team messes up it could be a lopsided game.

So here's hoping for a close one down to the wire.

(kind of like the Western final today--how many chances did the Riders blow?

On 9/3/2019 at 9:52 PM, clonewars2008 said:

The Rough Rider one too!

Except I don't like wearing black caps.

Bombers are the “home” team. They chose to go Gold/White/Gold.

Ticats chose to go Blackout again (Black/Black/Black).

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Bombers are the “home” team. They chose to go Gold/White/Gold.

Ticats chose to go Blackout again (Black/Black/Black).

spacer.png

This is some really unfortunate news to wake up to this morning.  That really sucks.  Would rather see the Bombers in the blue jersey and the Ticats in the white jerseys.  Would have looked better overall.  The one problem with the Bombers uniform is the blue shoulders on the white jersey.  And we are going to get mono-black ballerina look from the Ticats.

Yellow pants are exponentially better, no doubt. Thing is, just a yellow stripe (or 2) like they did a couple years ago, would be a huge upgrade. 

Side note: could only find a picture of the mascot wearing those pants 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjn70DtVV0LwdVojTNfrp

Edm looks best when they look like the Packers.

Hamilton looks best when they look like the Steelers.

When I first started learning about the CFL back in the early 80's, I always liked the Ti-cats with white sleeves on their black jeseys and vice versa. From then I on, I sssumed this was the norm for all CFL team jerseys.

14 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Ti-cats with white sleeves on their black jeseys and vice versa

Such a cool, unique uniform element. I hate that the Ti-cats have gone further away from being unique over the past few years.

5 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Such a cool, unique uniform element. I hate that the Ti-cats have gone further away from being unique over the past few years.

I actually like that the Tiger-Cats only have black and gold on their home uniforms (the team removed the white outlines on the numbers this year). They can save the white shoulder caps for retro jerseys, I guess. 

A saving grace for this year's uniform match up is that both teams are wearing the same uniform they have worn throughout these playoffs (WPG in two West games and HAM in the East Final). Otherwise, it would have been nice to see black jerseys over gold pants.

The Roughriders just released the 108th Grey Cup logo. I like that it includes a lot more green as opposed to the very standard grey logo we've seen since 2016. It bodes well for Hamilton in 2021.

GC2020.jpg

Second longest Grey Cup drought now belongs to the Montreal Alouettes.  It has only been since 2010.  Every other team except Hamilton has won it this decade.

27 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

When should we expect the new unis to be released, May?

May is probably right.  So I guess we are likely going to see some new designs now that New Era will get a chance to create their own uniforms.  Rather than use the adidas models.

Just hope the Roughriders go with green jersey over white pants for a new primary home uniform.  I prefer that over the mono-green look.  

Yeah, Winnipeg in blue over gold vs. Hamilton in white over gold would have looked much better. It was pretty “meh” as it was. Also I wish Winnipeg would get rid of the white jersey’s contrasting shoulders; they’d have potentially the best overall look in the CFL without them.

Also, very nice to see a bit more color and personality in next year’s Grey Cup logo. The last few have been just about as soulless as the Super Bowl’s current system. Here’s to hoping a system like this for the Grey Cup sticks and is even more improved upon as it goes.