CFL 2019

Chewbacca

On 1/28/2019 at 4:45 PM, monkeypower said:

Montreal rebrand unveiling on Friday. Some shots of the jersey and helmets in this clip, though I don't know how many are new.

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2019/01/25/february-1st-montreals-launch/

The unveiling of the Als new branding is supposed to happen at 6 EST with the livestream starting at 5:40.

I really don't think it means anything, but it doesn't really bode well to me this is happening as a Friday News Dump.

I think just as a template and tightening up the colours in the brand, huge improvement. I do think the logo is pretty bland and I don't really like the placement on the helmet. It's just going to look like a blue helmet with some vague squiggly lines from a distance.

Also, I do think having all the old logos in the jersey set is kind of weird.

One thing that did change from the teaser images, and you can still see it pre-change in the unveiling video, is the numbers on the blue jersey changing from straight red to white outlined by red. That was something I had been harping on because I thought having the red straight on blue would muddy.

2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I think just as a template and tightening up the colours in the brand, huge improvement. I do think the logo is pretty bland and I don't really like the placement on the helmet. It's just going to look like a blue helmet with some vague squiggly lines from a distance.

Also, I do think having all the old logos in the jersey set is kind of weird.

One thing that did change from the teaser images, and you can still see it pre-change in the unveiling video, is the numbers on the blue jersey changing from straight red to white outlined by red. That was something I had been harping on because I thought having the red straight on blue would muddy.

Yep - I think they got the message about the numbers.  They are going to be much more visible.  

19 minutes ago, bleuet said:

I like a lot of the work here. Looks like it was very Swiss Design inspired. 

Wish they translated more of it to the actual uniform. 

4 hours ago, bleuet said:

That professional approach taken by the Als is such a stark contrast with the Blue Bombers, who literally held a fan contest to design a new logo in 1995 (which led to the lightning bolt "W"). Although I like to think my beloved Bombers have grown out of their 90s ghetto ways.

• 2 weeks later...