CFL 2019

Chewbacca

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting note in that tweet. Only Montreal will really change apparently. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

4 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

mn3uz8fs9lg21.jpg?width=732&auto=webp&s=

Adidas logo is covered. 

There is a precedent for that. I can't remember the exact dates, but when Puma and Adidas jerseys first appeared in the CFL around 2000, for the first season or two I think most teams just pasted a Puma/Adidas logo over the Starter logo and kept using the same jerseys. 

Logically, it looks like the Lions are getting new uniforms. If they were going to be the same, why not just use the image of the one Reilly was holding up? Instead, they use black numbers with outlines for each jersey image there.

I hope there's more colour balance with the new uniforms. I wasn't a big fan of the Adidas Orange-Black home and Orange-White away uniforms.

This whole development with the Lions is interesting.  Have not heard any new uniform rumours other than this graphic.  If you order a BC Lions New Era jersey today from the team store, it does indicate that orders will be fulfilled in the spring.  So something slightly different at the least must be coming.  Last time they changed their uniforms in 2016, the unveiling was in May.

The recent look was a fascinating experiment with the Michigan Panther style helmet logo and the just orange/white on the road.  BC Lions are orange and black of the road uniforms need to show that.

During this period of 206-18, can't help but always think that their prior uniforms were better.

Ryan+Phillips+BC+Lions+v+Calgary+Stamped 9115494.jpg

They probably won’t do it but the Eskimos need to bring back their classic striping, which coincidentally they won they their most recent Grey Cup with (and a whack load of others back then). 

Just make it permanent and never go back. It looks so much better than the 2000s striping. They are the best looking team in the league with these stripes. 

edmonton-3-1024x797.jpg

7792015.jpg

7 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

They probably won’t do it but the Eskimos need to bring back their classic striping, which coincidentally they won they their most recent Grey Cup with (and a whack load of others back then). 

Just make it permanent and never go back. It looks so much better than the 2000s striping. They are the best looking team in the league with these stripes. 

edmonton-3-1024x797.jpg

Lose the drop shadow on the numbers, increase the decal size by 10% (and put it higher on the helmet), and change the facemask back to white, and it's pretty much perfect.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:20 AM, Wade Heidt said:

This whole development with the Lions is interesting.  Have not heard any new uniform rumours other than this graphic.  If you order a BC Lions New Era jersey today from the team store, it does indicate that orders will be fulfilled in the spring.  So something slightly different at the least must be coming.  Last time they changed their uniforms in 2016, the unveiling was in May.

The recent look was a fascinating experiment with the Michigan Panther style helmet logo and the just orange/white on the road.  BC Lions are orange and black of the road uniforms need to show that.

During this period of 206-18, can't help but always think that their prior uniforms were better.

Ryan+Phillips+BC+Lions+v+Calgary+Stamped 9115494.jpg

Not only should the Lions go back to the orange and whites w/black, they need to put striping back on the helmets. Preferably orange between black like the 80's uniforms, which was their best look.

Over81SI.JPG_cf.jpg.898d76bb7d29216d777d394ac9317836.jpg

On 2/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, Wade Heidt said:

Ryan+Phillips+BC+Lions+v+Calgary+Stamped 

I never liked how the logo was on the shoulders with the numbers on the sleeves. 

It should be the other way around like the Stampeders there.

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I was always partial to these.

geroy.jpeg

I would be more than okay with that^^^ Lions uniform but with the current mountain lion's head.

**The current mountain lion's head also needs to be level like in the logo. Don't like that it's looking downward and the helmet strap in it's way.

While we are discussing our wish list for CFL team changes.  We probably will have to wait until 2020 to see redesigns from most teams. I have a lot of wishes but will keep it brief related to helmets.

-We need Calgary to get rid of the black road helmets.

-We need the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to do the right thing and embrace their tradition.  Plain and simple.  They need to go back to the yellow helmets.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, Wade Heidt said:

While we are discussing our wish list for CFL team changes.  We probably will have to wait until 2020 to see redesigns from most teams. I have a lot of wishes but will keep it brief related to helmets.

-We need Calgary to get rid of the black road helmets.

-We need the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to do the right thing and embrace their tradition.  Plain and simple.  They need to go back to the yellow helmets.

Calgary should get rid of black, period. The silver they used to have was 100 times better, and there is another team that not only uses red and black but calls itself after the colours.

Hamilton should indeed go back to yellow helmets (and pants) but I doubt it will happen.

The Argos need to eliminate the non-contrasting look (blue pants/blue jerseys, white pants/white jerseys) and start using Cambridge (light) blue upper socks with the Oxford (dark) blue pants.

2 hours ago, paulwoods13 said:

Calgary should get rid of black, period. The silver they used to have was 100 times better, and there is another team that not only uses red and black but calls itself after the colours.

Hamilton should indeed go back to yellow helmets (and pants) but I doubt it will happen.

The Argos need to eliminate the non-contrasting look (blue pants/blue jerseys, white pants/white jerseys) and start using Cambridge (light) blue upper socks with the Oxford (dark) blue pants.

Though also will never likely happen, I would be all for Calgary being in just red and white.  Modern rendition of the early 1970s uniforms (though they did wear just grey pants with that uniform).

JerryKeeling_HOF.jpg

Simple, classic.  Their traditional look.  No pro football teams wearing just red and white.  Would be like the Detroit Red Wings of pro football.

Calgary going back to red and white with at most a small amount of black or silver trim is probably the lowest hanging fruit there is when it comes to pro football-related design.

No other design scheme irritates me the way Calgary's does with their horrendous BFBS that they for some reason just refuse to do away with.

Might be an Unpopular Opinion,  but I hope Hamilton DOESN'T go back to the contrasting white sleeves on the home jersey. All black is awesome.

I'm okay with the white jerseys having the traditional black sleeve look cus I'm used to it, but I'm also a lot more open to getting creative with the away jersey. 

Archived