CFL 2019

Chewbacca

21 hours ago, paulwoods13 said:

It's actually (supposed to be) Cambridge Blue -- their official colours are Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue. Regardless of the actual pantone, the teaser makes the jerseys look amazing, especially the white jersey which has also been teased out. I've been waiting for them to bring back that look since 1981, when they got rid of Cambridge numbers on the road uni. My avatar shows what IMO was the greatest look Argos have ever had.

That's what I meant, couldn't remember the exact name of the colour. Nice to see them going back to that in a more prominent way on their uniforms

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, philcar1994 said:

That's what I meant, couldn't remember the exact name of the colour. Nice to see them going back to that in a more prominent way on their uniforms

Actually, looking at the picture that has been posted showing their home uni, it seems possible they have gone away from the official pantone for Cambridge Blue (which is rather greenish) and more towards a "baby blue" tone. Which would be fine with me -- they've deviated from the actual Cambridge Blue for much of the past four to five decades, I think.

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

I thought the New Era jerseys were to be unveiled today.  Have not seen anything yet.  Any news on why the delay?

The CFL said on Twitter it’ll be next week.

I assume it has to do with the new CBA being agreed to today, so they probably didn’t want to parade the jerseys with players who might have not worn them this upcoming season.

IbjBaeE.png

Toronto's got posted on realsports.ca. So very very disappointing if this is indeed the final product. No stripes?? It was such a welcome sight with the jerseys from 2012-2015 and 2016-2018. I don't see how they can sell un-numbered jerseys, they'll just look like t-shirts.

GREEN_19_HF.png?v=1557944512GREEN_19_HB_grande.png?v=1557944512

FRANKLIN_8_RF.png?v=1557945062FRANKLIN_8_RB.png?v=1557945062

That's a great point by @G-tron. The CFL is the only football league that sells blank jerseys, with names and numbers as an upcharge. Who's putting out $130 for a blank blue shirt with "TORONTO" across the chest?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

50 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

That's a great point by @G-tron. The CFL is the only football league that sells blank jerseys, with names and numbers as an upcharge. Who's putting out $130 for a blank blue shirt with "TORONTO" across the chest?

Especially in Toronto!!! 

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

Is there any actual reasoning behind Under Armour not jumping on an opportunity like this? Last I heard they’ve been having money troubles.

I’d imagine if Nike took over uniforms for the CFL, it would be grounds for some experimental :censored:.

13 hours ago, G-tron said:

Toronto's got posted on realsports.ca. So very very disappointing if this is indeed the final product. No stripes?? It was such a welcome sight with the jerseys from 2012-2015 and 2016-2018. I don't see how they can sell un-numbered jerseys, they'll just look like t-shirts.

Welp. 

The teasers made them look good, but my god are these awful.

I really hope those Argos jerseys are just the cheap replica style jerseys and aren't the actual field-worn jersey. 

The numbers would be 1 step forward, the rest is like 5 steps back. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

20 hours ago, G-tron said:

The "Toronto" script on these jerseys larger than what was seen on the teasers.  I am thinking this is not the real jersey.  Or just hoping real hard.  It must be a placeholder on the shop website as the release of the real jerseys had not happened yet.  They would be totally  insane to drop the current stripes from the sleeves. 

The jersey with the stripes is top notch.  Argos uniform from waste up was great.  It was just waste down that they needed to work on, as in they needed to go with white pants with the blue jersey and no more truncated stripes on the pants.

Archived