Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, paulwoods13 said:

 

It's actually (supposed to be) Cambridge Blue -- their official colours are Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue. Regardless of the actual pantone, the teaser makes the jerseys look amazing, especially the white jersey which has also been teased out. I've been waiting for them to bring back that look since 1981, when they got rid of Cambridge numbers on the road uni. My avatar shows what IMO was the greatest look Argos have ever had.

 

That's what I meant, couldn't remember the exact name of the colour. Nice to see them going back to that in a more prominent way on their uniforms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, philcar1994 said:

That's what I meant, couldn't remember the exact name of the colour. Nice to see them going back to that in a more prominent way on their uniforms

 

Actually, looking at the picture that has been posted showing their home uni, it seems possible they have gone away from the official pantone for Cambridge Blue (which is rather greenish) and more towards a "baby blue" tone. Which would be fine with me -- they've deviated from the actual Cambridge Blue for much of the past four to five decades, I think.

 

 

spacer.png

Edited by paulwoods13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back of the new Roughriders green uniforms VIA their twitter

 

46942441965_0bed668474_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the New Era jerseys were to be unveiled today.  Have not seen anything yet.  Any news on why the delay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

I thought the New Era jerseys were to be unveiled today.  Have not seen anything yet.  Any news on why the delay?

 

The CFL said on Twitter it’ll be next week.

 

I assume it has to do with the new CBA being agreed to today, so they probably didn’t want to parade the jerseys with players who might have not worn them this upcoming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto's got posted on realsports.ca. So very very disappointing if this is indeed the final product. No stripes?? It was such a welcome sight with the jerseys from 2012-2015 and 2016-2018. I don't see how they can sell un-numbered jerseys, they'll just look like t-shirts.

 

GREEN_19_HF.png?v=1557944512GREEN_19_HB_grande.png?v=1557944512

FRANKLIN_8_RF.png?v=1557945062FRANKLIN_8_RB.png?v=1557945062

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great point by @G-tron. The CFL is the only football league that sells blank jerseys, with names and numbers as an upcharge. Who's putting out $130 for a blank blue shirt with "TORONTO" across the chest?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

That's a great point by @G-tron. The CFL is the only football league that sells blank jerseys, with names and numbers as an upcharge. Who's putting out $130 for a blank blue shirt with "TORONTO" across the chest?

 

Especially in Toronto!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any actual reasoning behind Under Armour not jumping on an opportunity like this? Last I heard they’ve been having money troubles.

 

I’d imagine if Nike took over uniforms for the CFL, it would be grounds for some experimental :censored:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, G-tron said:

Toronto's got posted on realsports.ca. So very very disappointing if this is indeed the final product. No stripes?? It was such a welcome sight with the jerseys from 2012-2015 and 2016-2018. I don't see how they can sell un-numbered jerseys, they'll just look like t-shirts.

 

GREEN_19_HF.png?v=1557944512GREEN_19_HB_grande.png?v=1557944512

FRANKLIN_8_RF.png?v=1557945062FRANKLIN_8_RB.png?v=1557945062

 

Welp. 

 

The teasers made them look good, but my god are these awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

Back of the new Roughriders green uniforms VIA their twitter

 

46942441965_0bed668474_b.jpg

 

This looks so sloppy.

 

Seems like New Era might be out of their element here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, that striping on the back of the Riders jersey looks SO sloppy and disjointed. And side panels are so dumb!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope those Argos jerseys are just the cheap replica style jerseys and aren't the actual field-worn jersey. 

 

The numbers would be 1 step forward, the rest is like 5 steps back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

 

This looks so sloppy.

 

Seems like New Era might be out of their element here. 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, G-tron said:

Toronto's got posted on realsports.ca. So very very disappointing if this is indeed the final product. No stripes?? It was such a welcome sight with the jerseys from 2012-2015 and 2016-2018. I don't see how they can sell un-numbered jerseys, they'll just look like t-shirts.

 

GREEN_19_HF.png?v=1557944512GREEN_19_HB_grande.png?v=1557944512

FRANKLIN_8_RF.png?v=1557945062FRANKLIN_8_RB.png?v=1557945062

 

The "Toronto" script on these jerseys larger than what was seen on the teasers.  I am thinking this is not the real jersey.  Or just hoping real hard.  It must be a placeholder on the shop website as the release of the real jerseys had not happened yet.  They would be totally  insane to drop the current stripes from the sleeves. 

 

The jersey with the stripes is top notch.  Argos uniform from waste up was great.  It was just waste down that they needed to work on, as in they needed to go with white pants with the blue jersey and no more truncated stripes on the pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughriders have their new jerseys available on their website

 

47867321211_afcfd932a0_b.jpg[/url]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philcar1994 said:

Roughriders have their new jerseys available on their website

 

47867321211_afcfd932a0_b.jpg[/url]

Practice jerseys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.