CFL 2019

Chewbacca

2 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Orange jerseys over orange pants for the BC Lions on TSN head shot day:

https://www.bclions.com/2019/05/23/behind-the-scenes-at-head-shot-day/

Don't like the monochrome orange look but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. The Lions will correct them by going with home white pants. If the 70's jerseys with the sleeve stripes ever return, the Lions will have one of the best looks in football - CFL & NFL.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can check Argos new uniforms on there Instagram story. Its better than I thought. Although, the shoulders are clearly missing something. But seeing them in action, I think that 2% will grow on me.

4kv29i.jpg

Ticats helmet stripe is (finally) back!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

11 hours ago, Davey said:

You can check Argos new uniforms on there Instagram story. Its better than I thought. Although, the shoulders are clearly missing something. But seeing them in action, I think that 2% will grow on me.

I still feel adding the A shield to the sleeve at a minimum is needed for those jerseys. They look like practice jerseys with a little extra added to them. 

10 hours ago, nash61 said:

Ticats helmet stripe is (finally) back!

Please keep it there too!

I'm surprised we haven't seen the ad badges slapped on the initial reveals, I know they'll be back but I'd be really happy if they weren't.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

48 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I still feel adding the A shield to the sleeve at a minimum is needed for those jerseys. They look like practice jerseys with a little extra added to them. 

Please keep it there too!

I'm surprised we haven't seen the ad badges slapped on the initial reveals, I know they'll be back but I'd be really happy if they weren't.

I think we all would love to see the ads off but unfortunately that's money needed for the league. 

zyyMk1d.png

The REDBLACKS continue to look like they stole their uniforms from the set of Adam Sandler's Longest Yard.

I think they need to either move towards something close to the classic Rough Riders look:

spacer.png

Or they should incorporate the plaid striping from their old thirds onto the sleeves of black & white jerseys:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Or they should incorporate the plaid striping from their old thirds onto the sleeves of black & white jerseys: 

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.

Embracing this will separate them further from Calgary as well as make them look a little more unique.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, G-tron said:

Argos have their full home look in this video. Pants design has changed to match the helmet, which makes sense. The lack of anything on the sleeves still bothers me.

This would be so much better with white pants instead of the dark blue unitard.  Save the blue pants for the white jersey.    Of course I would say that for all unitard looks. It just does not look as sharp as contrasting pants. 

17 hours ago, WideRight said:

This would be so much better with white pants instead of the dark blue unitard.  Save the blue pants for the white jersey.    Of course I would say that for all unitard looks. It just does not look as sharp as contrasting pants. 

Agreed. While I'm disappointed with lack of stripes or logo,  it is still a sharp look but would be 100 times better with contrasting pants/jerseys, and especially with Cambridge (light) Blue upper socks. 

12 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Real worried about the pants for the Eskimos.  Looking at the photo on their website promoting the May 26 game.  Looks like words in the stripes on the pants similar to the signature uniforms, but being worn with the primary jersey.  Real bad decision if these are the new primary pants.

https://www.esks.com/

They were doing promo shots a few months ago and I think they were using old Adidas pants and jerseys. I'm not sure why they didn't just use the truncated striped pants (maybe because they would become obsolete?). I hope this means a return to the full stripe.

The New Era promo video shows pants with stripes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NcFnooXdCI. Then again, their videos also show the Lions' away jersey with orange numbers, so who knows what's really going on. 

This is kinda wonky, isn't it? The new uniforms were "revealed" three days ago and yet we still don't know what most of the entire uniforms will look like. 

1 hour ago, G-tron said:

They were doing promo shots a few months ago and I think they were using old Adidas pants and jerseys. I'm not sure why they didn't just use the truncated striped pants (maybe because they would become obsolete?). I hope this means a return to the full stripe.

The New Era promo video shows pants with stripes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NcFnooXdCI. Then again, their videos also show the Lions' away jersey with orange numbers, so who knows what's really going on. 

This is kinda wonky, isn't it? The new uniforms were "revealed" three days ago and yet we still don't know what most of the entire uniforms will look like. 

Oh yes, thanks for the link.  From quick shot of the Eskimos player in the video, I am much more relieved.  I think the truncated pant stripe thing may be done.  Really hoping Ottawa drops the hashtag from their pants.  

The whole uniform reveal was wonky.  It is obvious there have been changes to the pants for teams.  Yet they did not want to show us?  Making us hunt down what we can try to find out until the teams take the field.

1 hour ago, Wade Heidt said:

Oh yes, thanks for the link.  From quick shot of the Eskimos player in the video, I am much more relieved.  I think the truncated pant stripe thing may be done.  Really hoping Ottawa drops the hashtag from their pants.  

The whole uniform reveal was wonky.  It is obvious there have been changes to the pants for teams.  Yet they did not want to show us?  Making us hunt down what we can try to find out until the teams take the field.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The pants aren’t for sale, so who cares how they look? 

People who visit a website dedicated to sports logos and uniforms?

After seeing the Eskimos pics, I'm glad they have the stripes going all the way down. It also seems like the shoulder stripes have moved down the sleeve. They're now closer to the 2005-2011 uniforms, minus the piping and TV numbers.

1 hour ago, G-tron said:

People who visit a website dedicated to sports logos and uniforms?

After seeing the Eskimos pics, I'm glad they have the stripes going all the way down. It also seems like the shoulder stripes have moved down the sleeve. They're now closer to the 2005-2011 uniforms, minus the piping and TV numbers.

I wish there was a sarcasm font on here. 

Edmonton continues to be a mismatched-striping nightmare, and the black is totally unnecessary. BC’s pants and helmet have one vibe, but the jersey has a totally different one. 

Other than that...

Archived