Sign in to follow this  
Dilbert

Sears new logo

The somehow still alive Sears has updated its logo, some say it reminds them of Airbnb. I smell a new lawsuit against Fast Eddie.

Old:300?cb=20180906123340

New:spacer.png

Why are they wasting there time and money on this, smh

What is that emblem even supposed to be?

28 minutes ago, CS85 said:

What is that emblem even supposed to be?

"The new icon was created to represent both home and heart, this shape also conveys motion through an infinity loop, reminiscent of one getting their arms around both home and life. The rings, like those of a tree trunk, show longevity. With home and heart at the center, the rings radiate and grow to encompass our broad assortment of products and services," Sears said, in a comment last week.

Yep.

Sears used to be my client at my old job, which I started 10 years ago this month (that's an unfortunate thing to think about). This is at least their 4th logo change within that time period, although I think the stores I did work for (hometown/hardware...they're separate. I could explain this, but I won't.) were still using the capitalized inline logo after it had been replaced. I don't know where this was heading, honestly. I did some design work for Sears a few years ago. That's all.

15 minutes ago, Shumway said:

"The new icon was created to represent both home and heart, this shape also conveys motion through an infinity loop, reminiscent of one getting their arms around both home and life. The rings, like those of a tree trunk, show longevity. With home and heart at the center, the rings radiate and grow to encompass our broad assortment of products and services," Sears said, in a comment last week.

Yep.

What a bunch of bullcrap.

This all still boils down to when internet shopping became a thing the CEO at the time decided not to put any effort into doing that believing it was just a fad. To the point now they are so far behind on that end the stores are suffering. 

This is a great, memorable logo

Sears_logo_1994-2004.svg

The modern one is just generic.

^ That logo is still actually used by a few stores.

Is bringing out a new logo suppose to distract us from their near-inevitable demise? Otherwise, this feels lateral to me.

1 hour ago, Ark said:

This is a great, memorable logo

Sears_logo_1994-2004.svg

The modern one is just generic.

Should have kept this one forever, I will always associate sears with this logo.

15 hours ago, Dilbert said:

The somehow still alive Sears has updated its logo, some say it reminds them of Airbnb. I smell a new lawsuit against Fast Eddie.

Old:300?cb=20180906123340

New:spacer.png

Airbnb stole it themselves.

Let's not forget the one that Sears Canada had before it closed.

20160824_C1907_PHOTO_EN_758045.jpg?85d2f

I thought they were totally bankrupt and closing all locations.

After a quick Google search I see they still have some locations open.  How is that a thing?

why are they getting a new logo? with the way their company is moving nobody will see it. their next logo should be a foreclosure sign 

I preferred this one.  The Sears near my grandmother kept theirs well into the 80s.

spacer.png

On 5/14/2019 at 11:24 AM, pianoknight said:

I thought they were totally bankrupt and closing all locations.

After a quick Google search I see they still have some locations open.  How is that a thing?

Eddie would owe all the pensions if they closed their doors today, which is why he's slow rolling it while sucking every last dime out of the company in the meantime.

9 hours ago, NicDB said:

I preferred this one.  The Sears near my grandmother kept theirs well into the 80s.

spacer.png

If they were willing to pay an agency more than two dimes, someone could probably do a really cool modernization/update of this logo.

Clearly they were only able to afford some two-bit designer who did a crappy cut-and-paste job on the Airbnb logo. Par for the course for what's become a joke of a company.