Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

2019 NBA Conference Finals Uniform Schedules Set: No Red for Raptors

Recommended Posts

2019 NBA Conference Finals Uniform Schedules Set: No Red for Raptors

May 14, 2019 - 19:28 PM

The NBA’s Conference Finals get underway tonight with the Golden State Warriors hosting the Portland Trail Blazers for Game One in the West and then again tomorrow when the Toronto Raptors visit the Milwaukee Bucks when they start their Eastern […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they trying to be edgelords or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Bucks are the only team that haven't worn an alternate yet in the playoffs.  Game 6 would be the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I think the Bucks are the only team that haven't worn an alternate yet in the playoffs.  Game 6 would be the first.

IF.

 

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least every game has White-At-Home. Hopefully The Finals™ keeps it that way. In my opinion, I don't mind the new uniform rules, but during the Postseason, WAH should be enforced. This looks good. (If only the Raptors actually wear red.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Well, at least every game has White-At-Home. Hopefully The Finals™ keeps it that way. In my opinion, I don't mind the new uniform rules, but during the Postseason, WAH should be enforced. This looks good. (If only the Raptors actually wear red.)

I agree. I also believe that at the beginning of the playoffs each team should designate its default home and road uniforms, and a single alternate that can be worn a maximum of two times per series.

 

Of course, if I were NBA commish I would want designated defaults for home and road for every team, and a limit on how often alts could be worn in the regular season too. Also every team could have only one uniform whose primary color isn't part of the team's current or historical official color scheme. This would reduce the BFBS and GFGS by forcing the team to either choose one or add another color to its scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I agree. I also believe that at the beginning of the playoffs each team should designate its default home and road uniforms, and a single alternate that can be worn a maximum of two times per series.

 

Of course, if I were NBA commish I would want designated defaults for home and road for every team, and a limit on how often alts could be worn in the regular season too. Also every team could have only one uniform whose primary color isn't part of the team's current or historical official color scheme. This would reduce the BFBS and GFGS by forcing the team to either choose one or add another color to its scheme.

So your alternate could be worn more than your default (if you chose to wear it games 1 & 2 and the series doesn't go 7 games), or could be worn the same number of times as your default.  That isn't what an alternate should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So your alternate could be worn more than your default (if you chose to wear it games 1 & 2 and the series doesn't go 7 games), or could be worn the same number of times as your default.  That isn't what an alternate should be.

Once per series? Regardless of the number, there should be a set limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Once per series? Regardless of the number, there should be a set limit.

I'd be good with the number zero, frankly. Once is enough (too many).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'd be good with the number zero, frankly. Once is enough (too many).

Meh. The use of alts in addition to a team's regular uniforms in postseason play goes back to the very beginning of alts in the mid-1990s. I'm almost positive I watched both the Jazz and Heat play postseason contests in their alternate jerseys during that time. Maybe the Hornets too. I'm also in favor of the idea of alternate uniforms in general, across sports, just to spice things up and add a bit more variety to the visuals. 

 

That said, I think you and I both agree that the NBA since Nike took over has turned into a near-total circus, with almost too many uniforms to keep track of, and teams suddenly deciding to emphasize a certain jersey during the season, and very little uniformity in terms of home vs. road uniforms, and teams wearing non-team colors in bizarre (albeit sometimes pretty cool, Jazz) designs. I'd just like there to be a set "norm" again, and teams can deviate from it occasionally, but it still sets the basic framework for uniform usage. Right now it just seems too random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this